Cactus Oil

ginger

Has anyone ever used this stuff or even heard of it. I was in the bss today and picked them up.

Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus Oil

This is what it says on the front of the bottle.
. Extracts and retains natural moisture
. Prevents breakage
. Lubricates and heals

Ingredients: cactus oil, cactus root extract oil, carrot oil, tea tree oil, ginko oil, olive oil, aloe oil, shea butter oil, mango extract, lime extract, jojoba oil, hibiscus oil, sea grape oil, passion friut oil & fragrance.

this porduct is made for locks and twist but the ingredients sounded great so I picked it up. I plan on using it on my edges and my ends. My hair is relaxed but it sounds like it might really be good for retaining moisture.

I also picked up.....

Cactus Oil Serum

The bottle says
. Stimulates blood flow
. Strengthens root
. Repairs and heals
. No build up

Ingredients:
Purified spring water, cactus blossom extract, cactus root extract, sugar cane extract, persimmon extract. essence of mango, essence of lime and fragrance.

Any input from natural or relaxed heads would be greatly appreciated.

lunalight7

wow these sound great...wonder what others will have to say because Ive never heard of these products. please post results.

ginger

Dang, I must be the only person that's ever heard of this stuff. I was sure some of the natural girls had at least heard of it.

Lunalight7, cactus are known for their ability to retain moisture, and as dry as my hair gets sometimes this sounded like a wonderfull solution for my dry ends.

Miss Brown, I havent quite figured out how to incorporate the serum into my routine .....it's kinda wet .... water is the first ingredient, but I love the list of ingredients in these products... I think I'm going to use it on my new growth since its made for natural hair.

BTW, here is the address for the web site
www.rastagroup.com

ladies thanks for your replies

Ashee

ginger said:
Has anyone ever used this stuff or even heard of it. I was in the bss today and picked them up.

Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus Oil

This is what it says on the front of the bottle.
. Extracts and retains natural moisture
. Prevents breakage
. Lubricates and heals

Ingredients: cactus oil, cactus root extract oil, carrot oil, tea tree oil, ginko oil, olive oil, aloe oil, shea butter oil, mango extract, lime extract, jojoba oil, hibiscus oil, sea grape oil, passion friut oil & fragrance.

this porduct is made for locks and twist but the ingredients sounded great so I picked it up. I plan on using it on my edges and my ends. My hair is relaxed but it sounds like it might really be good for retaining moisture.

I also picked up.....

Cactus Oil Serum

The bottle says
. Stimulates blood flow
. Strengthens root
. Repairs and heals
. No build up

Ingredients:
Purified spring water, cactus blossom extract, cactus root extract, sugar cane extract, persimmon extract. essence of mango, essence of lime and fragrance.

Any input from natural or relaxed heads would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds good!
I've tasted Cactus Syrup! That's the bomb sweetner!!:yep:
Cactus is the ebst product on the rise!

carmend

Yes! I have used it for a couple of months and LOVE IT!! I like the serum better than the oil b/c it doesnt leave any buildup. And I had a weave w/indian hair so I needed something that would allow me to moisturize my braids underneath while at the same time not leave oil on the indian hair and cause it too look all slick :cool:

I have their hair incense too. Its basically just some smell good for the hair. Which I need now that I am using this MTG daily :bud:

They have some good products. I will probably buy their protein cond at some point but I limit myself to only 2 products of the same type to keep the PJ in check :D

LadyZ

I am relaxed and I picked this up at Sally's for 1.99, because it was discontinued..... I love it... It feels so silky... and feels good and light on my hair...
It will be a staple for me...

Gigglez5684

I use the cactus oil for my hot oil treatments, it is really moisturizing, their whole line seems oretty good. I also use their Island oil

Here are the ingredients: castor oil, carrot oil, ginko nut oil, tea tree oil, wheat germ oil, olive oil, mango extract, lime extract, jojoba oil, hibiscus oil, sea grape oil, passion fruit oil, fragrance.

DahomeyAhosi

Thanks for your responses. LadyZ this makes my hair feels very soft. I'm seeing if using it on my ends does any good.

Gigglez yes you're right most of the products in this line do seem pretty good. There are a couple I've seen (like lock gro) that have mineral oil or petrolatum but other than that they sound good. What I'm apprehensive about is the fact that the directions state that they are for lock maintenance while I don't have locks.

Mizani_Mrs

I used to use that as a hot oil trtmnt. It's the green tinted oil right? with green/yellow colored bottle. I used for like 4months, i liked it. it smells good. the reason i picked it up is because i was in a salon and I heard another client mentioning that she has a friend that uses the product and swears by it and her friend has long hair. i used it before my 'Lhcf hair education' days so i really can't say that it was anything special. but i will say that i liked it, it worked great as a hot oil.

My BSS carries the whole product line and the owner mentioned that alot of people with natural and locks use the line.

DahomeyAhosi

Mizani yes this is the line with the green tinted oil. Thanks for the feedback about the friend of a client. The serum also seems to be very unique. I'm going to use it as my sole moisturizer for a while and see what kind of results I get.

gn1g

I want soooommmmmmmmmme, off to the BSS to get it.

Sounds excellent for dry hair.

DahomeyAhosi

FYI I did try the cactus serum on my ends. It dried them out like crazy. I also used it on the hair near my scalp and got crazy buildup. But I'm still using the oil with good results.