What do you do with your hair when you sleep at night?

What do you do with your hair before you go to sleep at night?

• Just throw on sleep bonnet/scarf and go to sleep

Votes: 148 30.3%
  • Wrap hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 96 19.7%
  • Braid hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 62 12.7%
  • Bun hair before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • I pin up my hair with bobby pins, etc...before wearing bonnet/scarf

Votes: 55 11.3%
  • I just sleep/I don't do anything to my hair

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 42 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mahogany_horizons

Depends on the style...last week hair was out, so wrapping..then silk scarf

this week hair is being rollersat, so rollers, or pincurls...then silk bonnet

Next week, back to the trusty bun....so easy, just tie hair up with a scarf :)

SimpleKomplexity

It changes daily on what I do to my hair at night. Right now i moisturize and seal and wrap. I really need to look into cross wrapping though because of my thin hair

pri

Great minds think alike b/c I posted this on another broad b4. I was so confused how to wear my hair at night.I finally have it though! On wash day I wet wrap it and sleep w/ a breatheable satin scarf and the rest of the week I wear a very loose bun and sleep w/ my satin scarf.

vestaluv1

It varies, but no matter what, I always baggy and put on a satin bonnet.
Most of the time, I moisturise and seal with ORS Carrot Oil or Shea Butter and Vatika Oil. After that, sometimes, I just pin my hair up and other times, I braid my hair. For the most part, it is braided at night.
Baggying definately retains the moisture in my hair.

tnorenberg

It's the same thing for me every night. Loose bun on top of head held with silk scrunchie. By the end of the night this mom's too dag on tired to get creative. :yawn: :grin:

CenteredGirl

:look:Where the heck have I been? Your hair is totally awesome. I had to comment on your fotki.

You deserve it cause you work hard at it. I'm so proud of you girl. Rock and roll!!!!:yep:

I moisturize with a regular conditioner that I put on dry hair as a leave-in, just a small amount, then cover with a regular moisturizer. Then I loosely bun and secure with good days hair pins. I tried braiding for a while but that pulled at my nape too much, so I went back to bunning, but I changed how I did the bun so my hair didn't get so tangly. Now I have no more problems. Oh...I cover with a satin scarf and then top with a satin bonnet.

Kalani

I pin it up with bobby pins and put a scarf on. If its straight (from a rollerset), then I'll usually moisturize the ends first with Phyto 9 then pin it. I should probably do the same when its curly but for some reason I don't.

naturalgurl

Lately I've been bad. Three months ago I would DC overnight with a baggy and wrap a scarf around my head. Now that I've gotten lazy, I just pull it all to the top of my head in a rolled up bun and sleep. So far no broken hairs but I need to get back on the ball and do better.

Digital Tempest

Really, it all depends. If I'm wearing my hair loose, I just braid/twist it up at night with a little EVOO and throw on a satin bonnet. If I'm bunning, I throw on my satin scarf.

pazyamor

I don't know...I'm in a weave, so every other day I oil my scalp a little and brush all the weave hair into place (you know, for tomorrow's style) and I tie it in a silk scarf. If I'm wearing my hair a la siggy (aka crazy), I throw on a satin bonnet; moisturizing is really hard because I have product in my hair, so I just do all my moisturizing during the day.

*Muffin*

I moisturize with a regular conditioner that I put on dry hair as a leave-in, just a small amount, then cover with a regular moisturizer. Then I loosely bun and secure with good days hair pins. I tried braiding for a while but that pulled at my nape too much, so I went back to bunning, but I changed how I did the bun so my hair didn't get so tangly. Now I have no more problems. Oh...I cover with a satin scarf and then top with a satin bonnet.

My hair gets tangly when I bun as. How do you bun your when you sleep so that it's not tangly?

girlcherokee

moisturize, seal and then put four braid and bonnet. i avoid bobby pins because i noticed awhile back that they cause my ends or the hair where i put them to split. i noticed now that it is very rare for my ends to split anymore.

angelp

I wrap it, put on two satin scarves, and sleep on a satin pillow. The satin pillow is for those nights when both of the scarves come off.

swtgalnj

I moisturize with NTM leave in or Keracare oils, bun it without a ponytail holder (just bobby pins) and throw a satin scarf on it. I used to wrap my hair, but I found that caused breakage. I like this method because if I wanted to wear it down, my ends have a little bit of bend to it without having to flat iron and my hair has more volume than if I wrapped it.

Ivy Santolina

I put my hair in two-strand twists and put a satin scarf on my head. If my ends feel dry I put a little leave-in moisturizer on them. I get less breakage with the two-strand twists than with braids or leaving it loose under the scarf.

empressri

Shoot, I got my trusty satin bonnet on right now! I just shove all of my hair inside it. Plus it's good to keep my hair out of my face when I go to wash it before bed. Or before doing a facial :grin:

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I throw my scarf on and go to sleep. If it comes off it will be ok because I have satin pillow cases. I just make sure not to sleep on the back of my head.

beans4reezy

Does anyone know where I can buy silk/satin pillow cases? I sleep with a satin scarf, but I'd like to start using the pillow cases for those nights when I want to leave the scarf alone.

*Muffin*

Glad this thread got resurrected, lol. I recently changed how I sleep. Now I don't wear anything on my hair. It's just too hot right now in Florida and my head had been hurting from it. So I now safty pin my scarf to my pillow, bun up or braid my hair, then just go to sleep.

JollyGal

If my hair is in braid extensions I just moisturise with my homemade spray and seal with EVOO then tied it down with a satin head scarf.

If my hair is out I moisturise with my homemade spray, shea butter and EVOO, part into sections like 6-8 and plait or twist ensuring I put moisture on the ends and then I tuck the plait or twist under my hair or wrap it round (bantu style) then I tie it down with a satin head scarf.

I've only seen relaxed sisters wrap their hair...can naturals do it too?

*Michelle*

Does anyone know where I can buy silk/satin pillow cases? I sleep with a satin scarf, but I'd like to start using the pillow cases for those nights when I want to leave the scarf alone.

I bought some satin and made mine. I saw some at bss's and didn't like the quality...so I just made em. Even if you are not a seamstress, use that iron on hemming stuff.

Glad this thread got resurrected, lol. I recently changed how I sleep. Now I don't wear anything on my hair. It's just too hot right now in Florida and my head had been hurting from it. So I now safty pin my scarf to my pillow, bun up or braid my hair, then just go to sleep.

They make my head hurt too :wallbash: I can't stand it, can't wear hats, headbands etc. they all make my head hurt!

India*32

I moisturize with NTM, Vatika Oil, and brush my natural. I sleep with a silk scarf and doo rag. Holler.

Last night, I did all of the above, but only sleep with a Doo Rag and I had waves.

Simone:bdance:

beans4reezy

I bought some satin and made mine. I saw some at bss's and didn't like the quality...so I just made em. Even if you are not a seamstress, use that iron on hemming stuff.

What a wonderful idea!! I'm going to stalk the internet for a fabric store in my area!!:grin:

On an off topic note: Your hair is sooooo pretty!