COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

Diva_Esq

Okay Ladies, let's spring into SPRING right!!
:woohoo: We're going for maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses!!!​

Grow your hair and retain inches by joining the 2012 Cowash Challenge Part 2! This Challenge will run in segments as follows:
Part 1: January 1st –March 31st
Part 2: April 1st – June 30th
Part 3: July 1st – September 30th
Part 4: October 1st - December 31st
I will begin a new thread with each segment.​

With that, let's grow, grow, grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance7:Part II of this challenge will begin on April 1, 2012 and ends on June 30, 2012!! :dance7:

RULES:
Cowash at least 1x/wkly. More if you'd like!
Report what conditioners you used and how your hair is responding.​

MUST:
Post a starting pic and ending pic​

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
How many times per week will you cowash?
What conditioners are you planning to use?
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?​

You can join by answering the questions in a post and posting a starting pic & tagging me in the thread or by PMing me. :grin::yep: I will acknowledge by tagging you in the initial post on this thread in the challengers list and thanking your post.​

Feel free to ask questions, share videos, recommend products and discuss all other things helpful regarding cowashing!​

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

MUST:
Starting pic:

How many times per week will you cowash? daily when bunning/ pinning up, weekly when twisted or flat ironed (rare)
What conditioners are you planning to use? Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, DevaCurl Condition One, may try some new
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? moisturized hair, strong, thick ends, length retention, healthy hair, clean, moisturized scalp
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? maybe once a month and after I swim

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
UPDATE:
I'm going to have to leave this challenge. :sad:
I've decided to leave my hair alone and only play in it (shampoo, steam DC, twist and PS) 1 x a week.

Good luck ladies, I know you will have fabulous results!!!!

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
How many times per week will you cowash? Once per week.
What conditioners are you planning to use? Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner.
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Cleansing of hair and scalp, ease of detangling and increased moisturization of hair.
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?: Never say never but probably never!

MaraWithLove

How many times per week will you cowash? 2x: Mondays and Fridays

What conditioners are you planning to use? Aloe Organics Aloe, Lemon & Rosemary daily conditioner, Claudie's Mango Cream Rinse, V05 Tea Therapy (blackberry sage tea), v05 Clarifying Conditioner (kiwi lime squeeze), Yes to Cucumbers color care conditioner

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Continued moisture retention, less product buying :look: , simplicity, poppin' wash and goes!

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once-twice a month using a CV shampoo bar.

Will post a starting picture on the 1st! :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Diva_Esq Please Count Me In!:grin:

Will do 2-3 x Per Week (as I am doing currently)

Early Spring: Claudie Conditioners i.e. Mango Rinse, Fortifying, Avocado Intense (more heavier weight) Jessicurl Too Shea!

Mid Spring/Early Summer (June 30): Hairveda MoistPRO, Moist24/7, Acai Phyto Berry and Curls Sublime Coconut

*will also use Cleansing Conditioners as needed* Darcy's, Enso, As I Am, Curl Junkie, Naturelle Grow, Bear Fruit Hair Cleansing Conditioners

**rarely use Shampoo except to Neutralize and/or Clarify/Chelate. So, maybe about once every 6.8.10.12 weeks?

Regular Cowasher anyway, so I just wanna stay consistent.

Ogoma

I will post a starting pic at the end of the month.

How many times per week will you co-wash? Monday-Friday
What conditioners are you planning to use? I have quite a few I need to use up and I'll going through them sequentially
What do you hope to achieve by co-washing? Clean my hair and scalp (with water) after working out.
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Never. 1x a week with a cleansing conditioner; 1x a month detox/clarify with mudwash.

naturalagain2

I would like to join. My starting pic is in my siggy.

How many times per week will you cowash? 1 or 2 times wkly

What conditioners are you planning to use? A variety I have on hand.....

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Clean moisturized hair for after my workouts and length retention

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Yes, 2x a month

TruMe

Diva_Esq - I was sooo waiting for this challenge, please add me.

How many times per week will you cowash? I will start off with twice a week but eventually I want to get to 5 days a week.
What conditioners are you planning to use? V05 Moisture Milks and will be trying out Alaffia
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Length retention and growth
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? I think I am going to try to eliminate this step although and just use a cleansing conditioner once a week instead.

I will post a starting pic on April 1st.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm a 'little' delinquent with filling out the MUSTS:look: But I'll be here:grin:

How many times per week will you cowash? 5-7
What conditioners are you planning to use? Presidents Choice Puritas for the first 'lather' AOHSR or Prairie Naturals Silica strengthing ending 'lather'
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Joy of washing from head to toe, moisturized hair, retention and increased growth from the scalp stimulation.
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a week.

TruMe

So excited to start this challenge. First cowash day for me is Wednesday morning (or maybe tomorrow morning).

Jewell

(Starting pic is coming)

1) Cowashing 1-2 times a week to keep manipulation low.
2) Using: Lustrasilk Shea Butter Liquid Cholesterol, Lisa Rachel Tea Tree &
Avocado Cleansing Conditioner, or Mane n Tail Deep Moisturizing Cond.
3) Hope to increase moisture, decrease shedding, and get faster growth.
4) Using shampoo once a month or less (only as needed).

Onhergrind09

My goal is 2xs week. Once on Mondays and once on Thursdays after I DC (which I'm doing regularly anyways).

Everything in my stash

My goals are 1) use up my stash, and considering that summer is in full effect in Jacksonville 2) Up my hair's moisture, retain length & just generally have fabulous hair

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
I shampoo with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo or a diluted sulfate shampoo once every 2 weeks

Will post pict on the 20th when I straighten my hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Conditioner Cleansed tonight with: Naturelle Grow Conditioning Cleanser

Will also do a cowash follow up with Jessicurl Too Shea! Conditioner

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Cowashed with millcreek biotin conditioner (keratin and collagen protein) followed by AOHSR.

MaraWithLove

How many times per week will you cowash? 2x: Mondays and Fridays

What conditioners are you planning to use? Aloe Organics Aloe, Lemon & Rosemary daily conditioner, Claudie's Mango Cream Rinse, V05 Tea Therapy (blackberry sage tea), v05 Clarifying Conditioner (kiwi lime squeeze), Yes to Cucumbers color care conditioner

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Continued moisture retention, less product buying :look: , simplicity, poppin' wash and goes!

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once-twice a month using a CV shampoo bar.

Will post a starting picture on the 1st! :)

Starting pics attached

Attachments

• 2012-03-30 19.24.17.jpg
    2012-03-30 19.24.17.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 2012-03-30 19.24.37.jpg
    2012-03-30 19.24.37.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2012-03-30 19.25.18.jpg
    2012-03-30 19.25.18.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 29

TruMe

My first cowash of the challenge!! This morning I cowashed with V05 Moisture Milks. Head and hair feel great!

Beltrinicurls

Twice

Vo5 hair conditioner

More moisture

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
Either once every week or every other week.

thecurlycamshow

I love cowashing my hair and plan on using Tresemme Naturals. I will post a pic soon. I will cowash 4-5 days a week if not more when summer arrive. I do plan on trying Deva Curl out of curiosity.

I hope to achieve healthier and softer hair.

I will shampoo as needed, which usually is 1-2 per month.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Due to lurking, I will pull Avalon organics lemon clarifying conditioner for my first lather:look:. I will end with AOWC or AOIN.

Ogoma

^^^ I should go and read that thread because I am curious to know what a clarifying conditioner does as well.

youwillrise

i'm back in it. i'll be condition rinsing 1x a week. for my condition rinses, i'll use diluted shea moisture deep treatment masque.

actually i'm going to do one tonight after i get some food in my belly.

fiyahwerks

How many times per week will you cowash? 1-2x
What conditioners are you planning to use? Tresemme Moisture Rich/Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisturized hair/length/softness
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 1x weekly (1 clarifying treatment a month)