Urine in Hair?

LEOLADYSW

Not in this lifetime. Thank you very much!

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
aprilbiz said:

Forget urine, reading this thread is good for your health! I done busted a gut over here...

Anyhoot, I did see something the other day on TV about people drinking urine for good health and it's all over the Internet. Here's something I found on it...

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

... if you drink your own urine or eat your own bowels you'll die. at least that's what i was told by my mother, who's an RN.

sugawooga

[ QUOTE ]
keni5 said:
so suggawugga,

How long have you tried the urine on skin? What were the results? I personally dont doubt it does work. While everybody is laughing we've got to admit that there was medicine before nice pills, creams, tablets and so forth. I remember a lot of the stuff my grandma said they used to do in the day sounded plum crazy. But in reality the method was far fetched but there was a reason for it. Some of the same weird plants or other things they used then now comes pre packaged neat and convenient for us. Believe it or not but beautiful women existed before cold creams and noxema...im sure they had strange rituals that we might laugh at today. I would bet they would laugh at all the money and time and energy we take to be beautiful when all they needed was natures free ingredients. But i might also add that i will be partaking of modern science's convienant pills and hair potions cuz I dont have to use urine or anything else for that matter in this day and age. But I am open to the idea of beautifying oneself with things available thru nature. Just cuz I wont do it doesnt mean someone else is gross for trying it. If thats the case my Grandma was gross and her ancestors for that matter.

take care all!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, urine for your skin works. I think this is the best thing I've ever done for my skin. It really, really works! I have no (notta, zip, zero) marks on my face. I've been doing this for about two months now and I've been getting compliments after compliments on my skin. I know it's hard for people to believe but urine really does work for your skin. My skin has never been so smooth and blemish free before.
Before I started doing this urine therapy I had a problem with sploshes (dark marks) on my face but now my complexion has evened out and my skin is sooooo soft and smooth. I'm sorry ya'll, but this one is worth trying.

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
sugawooga said:
[ QUOTE ]
keni5 said:
so suggawugga,

How long have you tried the urine on skin? What were the results? I personally dont doubt it does work. While everybody is laughing we've got to admit that there was medicine before nice pills, creams, tablets and so forth. I remember a lot of the stuff my grandma said they used to do in the day sounded plum crazy. But in reality the method was far fetched but there was a reason for it. Some of the same weird plants or other things they used then now comes pre packaged neat and convenient for us. Believe it or not but beautiful women existed before cold creams and noxema...im sure they had strange rituals that we might laugh at today. I would bet they would laugh at all the money and time and energy we take to be beautiful when all they needed was natures free ingredients. But i might also add that i will be partaking of modern science's convienant pills and hair potions cuz I dont have to use urine or anything else for that matter in this day and age. But I am open to the idea of beautifying oneself with things available thru nature. Just cuz I wont do it doesnt mean someone else is gross for trying it. If thats the case my Grandma was gross and her ancestors for that matter.

take care all!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, urine for your skin works. I think this is the best thing I've ever done for my skin. It really, really works! I have no (notta, zip, zero) marks on my face. I've been doing this for about two months now and I've been getting compliments after compliments on my skin. I know it's hard for people to believe but urine really does work for your skin. My skin has never been so smooth and blemish free before.
Before I started doing this urine therapy I had a problem with sploshes (dark marks) on my face but now my complexion has evened out and my skin is sooooo soft and smooth. I'm sorry ya'll, but this one is worth trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Devi

My reasoning is that yes, urine has vitaimins and stuff in it, but it's still as bad as your poo.

Urine is all the little nasty pieces of crap that your cells make, that have to be filtered out of your blood unless you will DIE. There are toxins in urine too! Lots of em. Just because you have good stuff in it, doesn't mean that it's good for you.

I bet poo has nutrients in it too... but you shouldn't eat it or put it on your face either! That would be nasty.

Poop and pee is the same thing... so what you do with one you shouldn't do with the other.

God, I feel so silly talikng about pee and poop

patience

You know...you will more than likely get the same if not better results by using black soap and pure, unrefined shea butter on the skin...

sugawooga

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
You know...you will more than likely get the same if not better results by using black soap and pure, unrefined shea butter on the skin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I've tried all that and it made my face breakout. I'm not going to try to convience any of you anymore. Like I said before, you can't convience the world. Some things you have to try for yourself.
I'm not mad at cha' though. I would be reacting the same way ya'll are acting now if I never tried it for myself.
I guess it's important to me because I've tried alot of things on my face and I've always had a bad reaction. Neutrogena always worked well but not well enough. I understand what you are saying, try other things but I've found something that works really, really well and I'm not about to go back to the drawing board just because a few people (that have never tried it before) find it gross, disgusting and nasty. Sorry, ain't gonna stop.

patience

Hey! Do what works for you. I think I'll just stick with the black soap. Do you rinse your face with water after applying it or do you just apply moisturizer after it dries like you would do with Sea Breeze or something?

G

[ QUOTE ]
I've found something that works really, really well and I'm not about to go back to the drawing board just because a few people (that have never tried it before) find it gross, disgusting and nasty. Sorry, ain't gonna stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that works for you - That's you. But I would'nt say a "Few Folk". I think the overwhelming majority of people, think that way. Like someone say if someone told you feces makes a good face cream would you try it?

I don't have any blemishes on my face, and never had acne, there are just other purer ways of obtaining.

sugawooga

First, I wash my face with Neutrogena, pat dry and use my urine as a toner. I let it stay on for a few hours (I only use my first morning's, midstream) After a few minutes it's like your pores absorb it. The weird thing about it is that you can feel it when it happens. After a few hours I rinse my face with warm water, pat dry, use clean and clear oil-free moisturizer (with salicylic acid). Sometimes I use Anew with SPF 15 when I know I will be out in the sun. And that's it.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Using shea butter on acneic skin usually results in more breakouts. Although, I'm not sure about using urine, I'd rather see a derm....I definitely not recommend shea butter if you have acne.

sugawooga

[ QUOTE ]
Mindymouse said:
[ QUOTE ]
I've found something that works really, really well and I'm not about to go back to the drawing board just because a few people (that have never tried it before) find it gross, disgusting and nasty. Sorry, ain't gonna stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that works for you - That's you. But I would'nt say a "Few Folk". I think the overwhelming majority of people, think that way. Like someone say if someone told you feces makes a good face cream would you try it?

I don't have any blemishes on my face, and never had acne, there are just other purer ways of obtaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's your opinion. Unfortunely everyone does not have the same genes as you. Anyway regardless if it's a few or a lot, I'm not going to stop because it's against what you believe. You are not me therefore don't be so quick to judge something you know nothing about. I'm simply trying to inform people about what I've noticed about my skin when I did this urine threapy thing. I'm no expert on it but I did notice a significant difference in my skin. Like I said before, I'm not trying to convience you to do it but please don't condemn me for trying it.

G

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
i heard of drinking urine as a survival tactic. they teach it in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, only as a last ditch, gonna die effort. But some have died, from bacterial infection as a result. And they don't actually try it, in training.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
sugawooga said:
First, I wash my face with Neutrogena, pat dry and use my urine as a toner. I let it stay on for a few hours (I only use my first morning's, midstream) After a few minutes it's like your pores absorb it. The weird thing about it is that you can feel it when it happens. After a few hours I rinse my face with warm water, pat dry, use clean and clear oil-free moisturizer (with salicylic acid). Sometimes I use Anew with SPF 15 when I know I will be out in the sun. And that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

SW,

I'm glad something is working at clearing up your skin. I know what a bummer it is having breakouts and spots, so if it makes your skin feel better and it makes you feel better about yourself, I say go for it.

It sounds like you've researched it and others that are saying it's gross haven't. When I belonged to the acne forum, there were a lot of people using urine therapy for their skin.

--Jen

sugawooga

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
Not on my face...but they used to work well on my feet. why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you aware that it has animal urine as an active ingredient?

patience

[ QUOTE ]
sugawooga said:
[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
Not on my face...but they used to work well on my feet. why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you aware that it has animal urine as an active ingredient?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, but it doesn't surprise me. Alot of women take the HRT drug Premarin (sp) which is made from horse urine.

I don't use those products anymore though. I let alot of items with petroleum based ingredients alone. I DO understand what you're saying though. A LOT of items that we use on a regular basis have ingredients in them that we wouldn't think of.

sugawooga

[ QUOTE ]
Mindymouse said:
Not quite the breakfast of Champions, I agree.

http://skepdic.com/urine.html

Not juding you, I asked you about feces as a face cream?
Would you do it.?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would try it. Somethings I will try and somethings I won't. That's why I'm not knocking anyone for not trying it. Would you try it? Better yet, here's a better senerio, lets say that people were suddenly dying due to harmful UV rays. The only thing that can protect you is a layer of urine all over your body. If you don't add this into your daily regimine you will die a horrible death of sun blisters and skin cancer. What would you do?

I can give you plenty of "what if's" but like I said before no matter what you say or what ever type of article you post I'm not gonna stop using it because it really does work.
So now what?