I had growth spurt!!!

Dionne

My hair has been growing sooo fast. I think it is because I have been using a clarifying shampoo every wash. This is me theory: Since your scalp is an extention of your face it needs to stay clean as well. By washing you help stimulate it but you also need to get it clean and sometimes you just can't do that with very gentle shampoos. So by using one to get build-up out you strip hair strands of excess gunk. A clean scalp = happy scalp= more growth. I combat dryness buy shampooing with a mositurizing shampoo and then using a moisturizing conditioner for 30 mintues. I was so concerned for a long time about over cleaning my hair but I recently realized that my hair wasn't doing that well because it wasn't clean. I think I finally understand what my hair likes.

henrilou

Congratulations. Nothing better than hard work paying off. I wanted to suggest this: Clarifying poos are great, but be careful not to continually strip your hair: it will become dry and brittle. What works well lessen buildup is the oils you use. I have sworn off mineral oils ( that means most of the oils that you get at the grocery store) and stick to shea butters/olive oils etc...

LuvableLady

Good for you! What kind of shampoo & conditioner are you using? I may need to take a break from these hair boards because I am itching to try all these recs, sometimes I feel like snatching these braids out of my head so that I can play more. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dionne

I am using a suave shampoo and then following with creme of nature. Than I use loreal mega moisture conditioner.

nita4

I use a suave clarifier too. Even though I think it contains ALS, which can be pretty harsh it doesn't seem to be as harse as other clarifiers that I'ved tried. I too follow up with a moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. Caution, don't shampoo with this in the sink, you hair will tangle bad.