Roller-setting dry hair

Crystal22

Does anyone rollerset dry hair on a nightly basis? I do it using spray-leave in, and a light pomade and satin foam rollers and in the morning its a perfect roller-set that lasts all day. I'm just wondering that over time it will be damaging to my hair. I do shed from doing it but I shed when I wrap my hair as well so I don't figure I'm losing any more hair than I normally would when styling my hair. I like roller-setting bc it looks so good everyday, I'm not using heat, and I dont have to worry about how its styled or have to comb it during the day. does anyone rollerset everyday and retain length?

beans4reezy

i just pincurl. (same effect without the rollers)

Same here. I used to roller set my hair every night when I was younger with those old pink foam curlers. In time, I had a really bad reaction to the curlers (my edges vanished and my hair was dry and breaking).
A few years later, I discovered pincurls and my hair was really, really healthy using these. Not only that, the pin curls give your hair so much volume and a nice wavy pattern that is hard to get from a roller set.

Crystal22

Same here. I used to roller set my hair every night when I was younger with those old pink foam curlers. In time, I had a really bad reaction to the curlers (my edges vanished and my hair was dry and breaking).
A few years later, I discovered pincurls and my hair was really, really healthy using these. Not only that, the pin curls give your hair so much volume and a nice wavy pattern that is hard to get from a roller set.
How do you pin curl your hair? is that the same as using those cloth material rollers I've seen in sally's.