2 INCHES IN 4 MONTHS (end of the year) CHALLENGE

MaraWithLove

Here are my starting pics-wasn't really trying to get my hair bone straight, it's straight enough lol. One pic is after washing my hair, when it was maybe 80% dry. Others are in the process of straightening.

I'll re-post/edit my regimen tomorrow :)

Attachments

• 2011-08-31 19.57.05.jpg
    2011-08-31 19.57.05.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2011-08-31 22.46.01.jpg
    2011-08-31 22.46.01.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2011-08-31 22.46.19.jpg
    2011-08-31 22.46.19.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 58

basketballbabe03

Starting pics:
*Will add later*

What's your regimen?

Crown and glory method:
  • wear braids as a protective style up to two months
  • shampoo once a week
  • Sulfur 8 once a week
  • moisturize daily

What Products are you using?
  • Cream of nature shampoo and conditioner
  • Infusium 23
  • Glycerin, oil and water mixture

What will you especially do for achieving this goal?
  • Drink more water
  • Exercise and least 3x week
  • Take multivitamins and biotin

Last edited:

luvovcandy

Im shooting for APL although I need 2 1/2 inches. I finally decided on a regi and believe that if I stick to it, I can reach my goal. Here's my End-of-2011 regi:

Stay in a weave for the rest of the year. Take out after my current install and redo around the beginning of November. Before installing, I will do a deep protein treatment with Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor.

I will condition every weekend and shampoo every 2 weeks. I will moisturize my hair daily with olive oil moisturizer and S Curl. I'll greese my scalp with Wild Growth Oil with a few drops of peppermint and rosemary oil. Smells bad but will promote growth. I'll seal my ends of the hair left out with castor oil or vasaline. I really have to limit my heat and figure out another way to keep my left out hair straightened.

As far as my diet, I am going to continue drinking tons of water. I'll also watch what I eat and increase my protein. I just ordered Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex from Amazon.com and I hope to see some great progress from it.

I have lots of length check pics on my blog: http://luvovcandy.blogspot.com/2011/09/length-check-and-new-regimen.html

trendsetta25

i updated my post #112 with a starting pic but i'll do it again...:grin:random...@luvovcandy is my older sister...it's a family thing :drunk:

PYTiara89

11 inches almost all over. I'm about 2 inches from bsl. Mbl here I come

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314939844549.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314939844549.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 45

PureSilver

I'm in... First Challenge.

Template to join :
Must Include a starting pic because we will reveal at 4-month mark !
Will edit this post this weekend to attach pictures.

What's your regimen?
Wash and deep treatment every week - I shampoo mostly, other times I cowash
PS with cornrows under half wigs - redo cornrows weekly, finger comb. I wash and DC in my cornrows, let it half dry before I take out and redo.

Prepoo: Coconut oil

Shampoo : Dessert Essence Coconut Shampoo, I clarify with Giovanni's 50/50 (I'm currently trying out Terresentials pure mud wash)

Deep treatment : A variety of oils and butters then Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner.

Moisturizer : Water , or Kimmaytube Leave in

Sealant : Shea Butter Mix

Vitamins: Nature's way Alive Women's Energy.

PSing in cornrows, or bantu knot outs, or twists and curls. I plan to start exercising too. Need to drink more water though

Are we allowed to post monthly updates, or just the big reveal? My normal growth is about .5 inch/month

My hair length is the same as yours....man, posting pics is so hard, but i'm detrmined to figure it out!

jenaccess

After so many setbacks I have finally have gotten my regi down pat, just by keeping it simple. I will be full brastrap length in Dec. 11. Ladies I have trying to get this 1 picture on this thread for the past 6 hours. I have a headache and I am going to bed.

Thank you LHCF

faithVA

I straightened and trimmed my hair today so I finally have a starting pic. I probably won't straighten in december I will just do a comparison by stretching my hair.

SeptemberLengthPic1.jpg

AyannaDivine

I want in! I'll post my starting length pics after I wash this henna out of my head.

What's your regimen?
Pre-poo, wash and apply leave-in condish once a week. Henna every two weeks. Deep condish once or twice a month.

homemade black soap shampoo, almond or grapeseed oil for pre-poo, Hair Dew as my leave-in. Random Darcy's Botanicals & Oyin products for moisture and styling.

• Keep my hair in protective styles/ low manipulation
  • Continue wearing my satin bonnet at night,
  • keep my hair moisturized. I have a nasty habit of letting my hair get dry and crispy before applying more moisturizer. This often results in tangles, knots and lots of breakage.
  • Henna every two weeks (it strengthens the hair)

ericajoy

I'm in! I really want these 2 inches b/c I think they'll help me FINALLY grow out of this awkward first-couple-years-post-BC phase.

Template to join :

Starting pic: I don't have a hair-out pic right now. :( And right now my hair is up in bantu knots, so don't want to take it down. But I measured my hair today and it's 6.5 inches from scalp to ends, pretty much all around.

What's your regimen?
- Wash & DC 1-2x per week
- Apply leave-in and heavy sealant (to ends)
- Twist in large twists or bantu knots or flexi-rod set, air dry or dry partly under dryer, sleep with satin cap
- Style in a twistout updo or bun WITHOUT a rubber band!!! (Or, if hair will behave, wear out sometimes...but this does not happen often.)
- Henna (roots) 1x per month
- Texlax every 3 months (next time is beginning of Oct.)

What Products are you using? (See profile for more details.)
Shampoo - Terressentials
Condish - Shea Moisture Restorative
Leave in - Shea Moisture Restorative + aloe juice + jojoba oil
Sealant - Shea butter mix (for now), Vaseline on ends
Daily moisturizing styler - Coconut oil mix

1. Seal ends with Vaseline on wash days. They tend to get dry and break.
2. Avoid rubber bands. I think pulling my hair back into a bun with a rubber band is breaking the hair on the sides of my head. I'll have to be creative with clips and hair pins and such.

Saga

The Generous Queen
From now on I'm gonna try and keep daily tabs on my consistency with my regimen just so I have somewhere to be accountable and it reminds me to be committed.

I just received my sulfur powder from Baldwin's G a few days ago and mixed 1 tsp in 4 oz of Hot Six Oil. I hope this helps increase my growth, considering I only get 1/4-1/2 an inch a month. I probably wont start using it until I figure out what PS to do next since my twists have run their course for the week.

Water: Somewhat
Vitamins:Yes
Exercise: No
Massage: No
Sulfur Mix: Not started yet

fivetimestwo

For the next 4 months I'll be PS'ing 5 out of 7 days a week with wigs/half wigs
Washing and DC once a week
moisturizing daily with diluted KCKT and olive oil mixed w/ water; supplementing with Shea Moisture Curl milk
sealing ends with castor oil
using sulfur mix every other night with scalp massage

PureSilver

Ok more starting pics for me as these i believe are clearer.

1st pic is my hair with conditioner shrunken and the front stretched for length check.

2nd pic, side sweep, with conditioned in hair. I wanna see how much bigger this will get after 4mths.

3rd pic, left side of nape stretched for length check-hair still had in conditioner

4th pic, nape unstretched in its strunken state

Looking forward to 4mths of great progress after this challenge

BIG HAIR-HERE I COME!!

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

damn.. for several days i wasn't able to post on here, until i've realized the problem was simply my year subscription v_v" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HAIR GROWTH DO EVERYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNE !!! im so motivated y'all can't imagine how I am sooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gemini350z

I would love to join, I know I am 5 days late...lol

Starting picture from 9/6/2011:

What's your regimen?

I wash once a week and DC once a week, until I get a lot of new growth. Then I co-wash around 2x a week.

Moisturize and use protein when needed.

Shampoo: Elucence, Joicio and Kenra
Conditioner: Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose, Kenra ,KeraCare
Moisturizer: Qhemet Burdock Root Butter
Oils: EVOO, Castor Oil, Lisa's Hair Elixir and I will add SULU Max Gro for this challenge

Cutback on direct heat.
Moisturize and seal my ends, baggy at night or wrap.
Stop carrying my bag on my shoulder (causing breakage on my right side).:lol:
Use sulphur based oil prior to my wash day.
I am drinking tons of water, eating healthier.
I have been working out A LOT, so that helps as well.
I will also go back to taking my vitamins.
Might weave it up by the end of the month.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Damaged but not out

checking in.

i've added a little olive oil to my oil mix, along with cupuacu, babassu and murumuru.

Oiling my scalp with, rosehip seed oil, rosemary,lavendar and clove essential oils, diluted in castor oil.

fighting the urge to blow out my hair.....

hope everyone is sticking with it!

Krystle~Hime

checking in.

i've added a little olive oil to my oil mix, along with cupuacu, babassu and murumuru.

Oiling my scalp with, rosehip seed oil, rosemary,lavendar and clove essential oils, diluted in castor oil.

fighting the urge to blow out my hair.....

hope everyone is sticking with it!
Ive thought rosehip oil was the best anti aging oil.... what does it do for hair ? when I google rosehip + hair, there is nothing....

I also want so bad to blow out my hair......

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
OOOHHH I am in :grin:

I really need like 3 inches by the end of the year.

Regimen: Cowash once or twice per week with Organix Conditioners, Rollerset Weekly, Deep Condition weekly with KeraCare, Apply Liquid Gold Hair Growth Oil (sulfur) every night. Wrap Hair Nightly, Stretch relaxers at least 12 weeks

For this challenge I am increasing my water intake and eating lots of protein. I had to stop the MSM due to weight gain. Hopefully I can add it back in later.

Good Luck Ladies!

Starting Pic

Damaged but not out

I have no idea what it could possibly do for my hair, but it's good for skin. My scalp is skin. I had some leftover from my skin cream...its supposed to be a nice carrier oil
Good enough for me:look:

FNWL says

Rosehip Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It has natural anti-oxidant properties and is slightly astringent. Rosehip Oil has been shown to help improve skin elasticity, regenerate skin cells, slow down premature aging,

PaigeJessica

Checking in also. I did a bantu knot out on my hair today on a whim and it actually wasn't a fail...like when I tried earlier this year. Results are in my signature. Feels good to be able to do more with my hair but with two more inches I could finally make a ponytail. *sigh* That would be so nice.

Seamonster

If I can keep the scissors out of my hair 2 inches should get me to BSL. It would be great to go into the new year being BSL for the first time in my life.

jeweltone

checking in...

relaxer last wednesday, hair has felt super strong ever since. which is kinda weird, right? also felt some product build up from the heat protectants and hair spray i used this weekend, so couldn't wait to shampoo today.

Shampooed with Organix Shea Butter (first time) - didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. Was contemplating aphoghee 2 min keratin since it was the first shampoo after my relaxer, but hair still felt strong, so didn't want to push it. so conditioned with AO WC, then DC'ed with some CON professional stregthening treatment that I've had forever. It has major slip so I thought it was all moisture, but read the ingredients AFTER I slathered it on my head and disovered that it has quite a bit of protein. Left on for about 45 min (no heat), rinsed with cool water. Hair still feels strong and I STILL don't know whether that's good or not.

Followed up with Giovanni Direct LI, applied MT/oil mix to scalp, quickie scalp massage and sealed with my jojoba/castor oil mix. Now ready for bed.

Can't wait to see how my hair turns out tomorrow. Hopefully soft because I really want to DC more often but am having a hard time committing. Positive results will go a long way towards motivation.

Good night :)

greenandchic

Checking In

Still in PS mode - especially during this unseasonably hot weather. Hats to cover my head from the sun and protect my face and low buns. I will henna tomorrow (to reduce breakage) to stay on track with my treatment schedule.

I moisturize and seal daily.