Best Hair Dye For Relaxed Hair???

eurka007

I guess the title of the thread speaks for itself. I want to dye my hair a dark brown/mahogany but It seems like nothing works on my dark black hair. I don't want to use ammonia on my hair but I want a hair dye that actually works without drying out my hair. Does anybody like me that has relaxed hair dye their hair, and if so what product do you use??

Crystal

What do you mean by "nothing works?" Are you trying to lift your color and make it lighter?

Jazala

Your best bet would be to get a professional to do it since you need your color lifted. This is very risky on relaxed hair.

Minty

With relaxed hair you picked your poison: relaxing. So I'm afraid unless you want to loose your hair, or risk loosing it, you should stick with rinses. Try Clairol Beautiful Moisturizing Color. You can relax, shampoo then color with this semi-perm. You should be able to achieve a mahogany color tone with just this product, so long as you have not used a permanent color, or any type of black dye in the past.

They also have a gray coverage line.

Clairol Pro

There are other products but I have no experience with them other than a vegetable dye I tried once. It left my hair dry and without any shine.

good luck

nymane

I'm not recommending (because I'm too scared to do it), but there are a few LHCF'er that relax and color (dying lighter than their natural color) and they have very healthy hair. It's not impossible you just have adjust your regimen and stay on top of it. Go to a professional and make sure your hair is already in great condition.

MilaXs3

Hey there...

You can try Clairol Natural Instincts...I relax and color same day using this...it's a semi-perm color that also moisturizes...a few of the other girls on here also use it...if you do a search you can get other opinions...here is the website:
http://www.clairol.com/naturalinstincts/home.jsp

They sale it at Walmart, Rite Aid, Ulta..Good luck!

Mila

I guess the title of the thread speaks for itself. I want to dye my hair a dark brown/mahogany but It seems like nothing works on my dark black hair. I don't want to use ammonia on my hair but I want a hair dye that actually works without drying out my hair. Does anybody like me that has relaxed hair dye their hair, and if so what product do you use??

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
^^^Girl Natural Instincts made me go from APL to EL in a matter of months. But I found out i was allergic to PPD. I can't use dyes at all.

Desarae

Redken Shades EQ is a good demi-permanent dye. I've also use Clairol Natural Instincts in Midnight Black without problems.

I'm actually eyeing the natural instincts in Dark Auburn right now :look: