• Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I couldn't choose any of the poll options. I've been taking Biotin (5000mcg daily) and the only benefit I am getting from it is clear skin! :)

Hot40

I have been taking the Biotin all summer, I had the break outs but could not connect the two until later. I also take a one a day with the biotin. My skin has cleared up I need to drink more water. But I think the Biotin increased the nails for sure-- I do not wear them long I have to cut now ever week and the hair I noticed the growth on my head but I wax other areas and noticed the hair grew back faster thought it was because of the Biotin. I want to add some vitamins might try the msm.

Right now I am about 4 weeks out on my relaxer and I think I have a lot
of new growth for 4 weeks I was just about to give up on the Biotin when I found this board and joined. Considering adding MT to my regimen-- heard of shedding for some today soo I just dont know.

Beauti515

Ok so glad I read this my face is a meesss! I couldn't understand y I take biotin 1000 daily so what should I switch to that help but won't make wanna hide? My nails grew long but don't want to risk my face HELP!

mamauv2

I take MSM and I've noticed my skin glowing and my nails growing SO fast. I noticed all these effects after about three weeks.

PGirl

I've taken Biotin for years and I believe it helps nail and hair growth. I started MSM about 3 weeks ago because a girl on youtube said that it helped with hair growth. The other day I caught a glimpse in the mirror and I couldn't figure out why my skin looked soooo beautiful. I kid you NOT! Now after reading this post, I think it's the MSM.

I have also noticed that my back pain has decreased. I looked on the internet and MSM is also used for arthritis and inflammation. I have a pinched nerve and I have had progressively worse pain over the last 2 years. I have not taken a muscle relaxer since I started the MSM.

The only downside is the vivid dreaming. I have had a couple and hopefully it will subside.

For any of you that experience bad side effects please try a lower dose. I'm extremely happy that I found out about MSM. So far, it has enriched my life significantly! :drunk:

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Biotin grew my hair and nails, MSM and biotin both broke me out in a bad way. Stopped both. I might get back with the biotin though idk

AtlantaJJ

I live on MSM...I love it for my joints and it makes my skin glow!! I think it's making my hair softer also. I take biotin when I remember...I need to be more consistant with it!

yodie

Just started reading this thread.

I've been taking MSM for about two weeks now and I've been having some crazzzzy dreams. I didn't relate the two, but now I remember that MSM may be the cause. thaks, 'cause I know I'm not as weird as my dreams have been lately.

Forever in Bloom

Just started reading this thread.

I've been taking MSM for about two weeks now and I've been having some crazzzzy dreams. I didn't relate the two, but now I remember that MSM may be the cause. thaks, 'cause I know I'm not as weird as my dreams have been lately.

I've always had weird dreams, but this is ridiculous. You dont even want know what I dreamed about a couple of nights ago... :nono: The MSM I was taking from Puritan's Pride obviously did nothing. I am taking 2,000 mg of the Solaray brand now and I see results! The hair growth and glowing skin is off the chain, but the dreams...THE DREAMS! :blush: I'm kind of scared to go to sleep now. This stuff is like Freddy Krueger invading my dreams.

LyndseyJK

Are these dreams good dreams or scary dreams? And I have acne already I dont need ANYTHING that makes it worst.

I just ordered MSM and Biotin pills from GNC. I'm scared now. lol.

I also just got the MSM powder from Wholefoods. I can put this in my conditioner right? How much should I put in?

Junebug D

I've been on MSM for about a week now. No crazy dreams so far. I have started having mild headaches yesterday & today, but I just went from 1/4th tsp a day to 1/2 tsp. They're not too bad yet though. My skin does look brighter.

yodie

The dreams are crazy as in bad. I'd wake up saying, "I know I'm not like that."

I may have to try those Solaray MSM pills.

Forever in Bloom

Are these dreams good dreams or scary dreams? And I have acne already I dont need ANYTHING that makes it worst.

I just ordered MSM and Biotin pills from GNC. I'm scared now. lol.

I also just got the MSM powder from Wholefoods. I can put this in my conditioner right? How much should I put in?

They're neither good nor scary :ohwell: They're simply downright WEIRD! I have no words. Let's just say in my dream my boob pretty much exploded right before my eyes, and I had to sift through the remains :blush::lachen:

AFashionSlave

Biotin and MSN have never made my hair grow any faster.
They have never changed my hair texture.

They did reduce my shedding.
I lost fewer hairs each wash day.

Bossy

Thanks to LCHF for those who informed us how to combat breakouts from Biotin and MSM! Usually, my skin is clear, free from breakouts, but for several months, I have been so confused as to what is causing itchy breakouts on my chin - serious breakouts! I have food allergies, so I thought that I had developed more serious allergies! :wallbash: Now, I know. I take 5,000 mcg of Biotin everyday, and occasionally, I take MSM (I was taking it religiously but it made me itch). I thought that the MSM was the culprit, but since I haven't taken MSM in a while (in months), it can't be the total culprit - it's the Biotin (because I'm still taking it and STILL itching). Now, I am itching inside my left hand. I take Vitamin C everyday, but what I had not been taking is Vitamin B Complex to balance out the Biotin and MSM since they both have Sulfur content. I am going tomorrow and buy some B Complex and hopefully, the breakouts will stop! I really want to continue taking the Biotin because my Dermatologist told me to take them (including that amount). Oh, and I drink water. In fact, I love water, so the breakouts are not coming from lack of water - it's got to be the lack of B Complex. We'll see. :perplexed

peppers01

OMGoodness! I've been taking the biotin and msm liquid in my shake and just Saturday I had a crazy dream! I gotta tell. In the dream, I was in Dallas visiting family, then I realized it was time to come back to Houston, so next thing I know my boyfriend and dog were in the car with me and he was driving. We started driving up this steep road on the side of this restaurant, but I knew that it was a dead end. So I screamed STOP, and he stopped. I got out the car and looked, and it was dead end boarded up with 2 planks and a free fall, so I ran down the road and back up to get in the car. My boyfriend backs down and we start to drive. Then I see a dog that looks like mine and I say stop that's Buttercup. I open the door, but the dog is gray. So we start back driving, and I see another dog, this time it is my dog, but she takes out FULL speed in the opposite direction with the lease on and jumps like 50 feet in the air and snaps her neck. So now my dog is dead and bloody and we drive off. THE END. Crazy huh?

But anywho, my face really cleared up when I wasn't taking the biotin and MSM, but I noticed immediately that I started getting little breakouts on my face. So no more biotin for me. The MSM however is going in my shampoos and conditioners, cause I heard they were good directly on the hair.

I don't want anymore crazy dreams just the weak mediocre dreams that I barely remember once I wake up. Who wants some biotin?

supermodelsonya

I'll say it again...Biotin has done wonders for my hair and nails (although I didn't need help with the nails) I guess like Jill Scott say..."Everythang ain't for everybody"....

Hersheygurl

I have to testify to the wonders of Biotin! At first, I took it alone and got a huge cyst-like zit on my forehead, but went back to VitaminWorld and got Panothenic acid with B-Complex. No more zits, and my hair is growing at a pace I don't think I've seen before. I relaxed the week of Christmas, and I already have some mad NG. Also, my nails look and feel like acrylics. I don't know how this rapid growth is going to work since I stretch my relaxers, but right now I don't really care. I am just enjoying the results. I wish this worked for everybody and know the panothenic/b combo made the difference in my skin rather than just taking them alone. When I take them, I usually take them at night ( late) with a little food like toast or something and immediately chase them with two bottles of water.

Maxitonia

I have to testify to the wonders of Biotin! At first, I took it alone and got a huge cyst-like zit on my forehead, but went back to VitaminWorld and got Panothenic acid with B-Complex. No more zits, and my hair is growing at a pace I don't think I've seen before. I relaxed the week of Christmas, and I already have some mad NG. Also, my nails look and feel like acrylics. I don't know how this rapid growth is going to work since I stretch my relaxers, but right now I don't really care. I am just enjoying the results. I wish this worked for everybody and know the panothenic/b combo made the difference in my skin rather than just taking them alone. When I take them, I usually take them at night ( late) with a little food like toast or something and immediately chase them with two bottles of water.

Can I know what brand was it please.

Hersheygurl

Can I know what brand was it please.
Hi Maxitonia,

My bottle is Blue, and it says VitaminWorld. It is their own exclusive brand. I think they have an online store, and will try to find the link. The panothenic acid/b-complex is by Twinlabs. I have not tried any other brands yet. I really hope these work for you! I am telling everybody about it!

peppers01

I was trying to cut down buying so much stuff, but since you guys are having good results, I'll get the panothenic acid to see if it clears up my face. Thanks!

mariofmagdal

I have not had anything extremely unusual occur with either. The menstrual issues with the MSM came and went, actually the results left me better with that regard. The biotin grew my nails faster.

Junebug D

I guess it's still too early for me to assess the hair benefits, but my nails are long and super-strong! They look GOOD!

My biotin breakouts aren't too bad. A pimple or two or three pop up every few days, but it's nothing serious. I use Clean & Clear daily anyway, it's probably helping in that regard.

My last period wasn't too weird. Without too much detail, I will say it was lighter with days 2-5 mostly being dried. :ohwell:

MsElise

I just started taking MSM and my period came for one day and disappeared:ohwell:. NOT that I miss my week long horror but it's pretty shocking stuff. Does this eventually correct itself?

spinspinshuga

When people say "changed hair texture," what exactly do they mean? I've been taking MSM for a little while now, and my new growth looks...a little odd. I think I'm going to stop taking it...

MrsMe

I stopped taking MSM a couple of weeks ago because I was having some terrible breakouts. Biotin helps my nails a lot (I have to cut them almost every week) because it made them stronger and grow faster. As for my hair, I can't really tell if it has helped its growth, but it is getting fuller and healthier. It could be because of the biotin or it could be due to the fact that I have changed my routine. In terms of texture, my curls have loosened up a little bit, but it's been changing so I don't think biotin or MSM have anything to do with it.