Votes: 36 6.5%
  • Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PocketVenus

...does it only loosen up new growth or your overall length?

It would only loosen up your new growth curl pattern because it is working internally and affecting only the new hair that comes out of the hair follicles. Only topical products can affect hair that has already grown out.
HTH :)

naturalhigh

So I feel really silly! I've been doing some research, reading all the posts on MSM and Biotin to decide whether or not I want to take them....low and behold I didn't realize I have been taking them for about the last two months. Both are in Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus! I am on my second bottle...although I stretched bottle number 1 out by only taking 1 a day.

I have been wondering why my hair took off this past month, literally! First over the past 5 years my hair has been thinning in the front a lot. So this is what motivated me to look into SOMETHING! Now after reading all these posts this is what I realize:

1. Adding the pills did cause new growth like crazy! I feel like a chia pet...At least 2 inches or more and continues....and i must say it does appear to be a different texture because a lot of them stick straight up and are hard to hold down. (Side Note: I am new here, not sure of my hair type, def two diff textures though)
2. A few breakouts I couldn't figure out where they came from but now I know...but nothing excessive
3. Headaches here and there.....due to finances I was only taking one a day, bottle says to take two a day....finances got better and I increased to two a day recently.....the cause of the headaches!
4. Weird dreams.....prob due to the same reason as #4
5. The product has 2,000mcg Biotin, 500mg MSM (this dosage seems to be enough for me, I'm seeing results even when only taking half the dosage)
6. In my browsing I've seen a lot of posts/opinions about what it means when your head itches etc. I truly believe it is a sign of growth because my head has been itching during this time, not too badly, but def itching and again yes I've seen a considerable amount of new growth.

newgrowth15

I just ordered powdered MSM and Skin-Hair-Nails vitamins from The Vitamin Shoppe last night. I will see how it works in a few days. I'll report back in a few weeks regarding what changes I notice, if any.

Nixx22jam

Ive noticed the texture of my new growth is much softer, feels like someone elses hair and im all natural. My nails are stronger and longer not by much though so maybe i didnt need a boost there because my nails were already claws. The one hair on my chin is longer than its ever been. No breakouts or anything. I take 2000mcg daily and 1500 mcg of msm, I try to drink water as often as possible about a litre a day.

westNDNbeauty

I wonder if the affects of biotin are like that of oral and topical acne treatments. Doctors always told me anything they gave me would make me break out before it got better. So could the breakouts from biotin mean that its doing what its supposed to?

Btw, biotin had no affect on my skin (i didn't increase my water intake, eat before pill popping, etc). I still take it faithfully ....6 months strong. Nails are definitely stronger and growing clearer so I can only imagine what its doing for my hair...I will probably do a length check this summer.

esther123

hello not good at this i am new, and what i have found is that biotin works for me and i love it howevery i dont think it likes me about a day ago i got up and my mouth was swollen i had uesd the product befor and the same thing happen. i no this my sound crazy but i do not wont to stop using it becaues of the growth in may hair is sow good. :wallbash:

Last edited:

newgrowth15

I'm checking back in to report that I used MSM for approximately 2 weeks. I tried Biotin in the Skin-Nail-Hair vitamin from The Vitamin Shoppe and MSM together, but my left leg started to hurt, so I dropped the Biotin and just used the MSM. During that time, I gained 7 pounds and my face broke out. I tried someone's suggestion about washing my face with MSM to counteract the breakouts and that worked, but I learned that I should only do that 1-2 times per week. (It made my skin peel.) For the last week, I stopped taking the MSM and have since lost the 7 pounds. In my opinion, no amount of hair growth is worth the weight gain.:nono: I will try the Biotin again for a few weeks and report back.

Kurlee

I'm checking back in to report that I used MSM for approximately 2 weeks. I tried Biotin in the Skin-Nail-Hair vitamin from The Vitamin Shoppe and MSM together, but my left leg started to hurt, so I dropped the Biotin and just used the MSM. During that time, I gained 7 pounds and my face broke out. I tried someone's suggestion about washing my face with MSM to counteract the breakouts and that worked, but I learned that I should only do that 1-2 times per week. (It made my skin peel.) For the last week, I stopped taking the MSM and have since lost the 7 pounds. In my opinion, no amount of hair growth is worth the weight gain.:nono: I will try the Biotin again for a few weeks and report back.
msm made me blow up too:yep:

aileendq

I've been on Biotin, MSM and other vitamins for about 2-3 months now. This month, I got 1.25 inches!

I did gain some weight, but I'm planning on ordering The Firm this week and REALLY getting my diet back on track. *fingers crossed*

KikiB

damn it. i already have skin issues. i don't need anymore. but here i go with the biotin and msm anyway. i'll just drown myself in water.

Hey keep us posted, because I'm just getting a hold onto my issues and I'm sooooo scared to try these vitamins :nono: