Skala Hair Products.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Thanks! I had fun writing it and I can't wait to complete it. Maybe I can talk someone into starting a Skala thread for reviews and review requests only. :look:

I think that's a great idea, why don't you start the thread? That way you could post your review in the Original Post.

choctaw

Choc what are you taking about:spinning: you were the who initiated the Skala massacre:210: and I thank you :yep::lachen:

yeah, you know me ... did a body count a few weeks later and there are NO survivors :lachen::lachen:

I'm in conditioner heaven at bargain rates and was able to share the goods. I co-washed with some aloe tonight and juiced with CFCG. Its all good :yep:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I made it to one BL yesterday and they only had Shea Butter conditioner, Ceramides G3 shampoo and 1 Aloe Vera shampoo. So I just picked up 3 Shea Butter conditioners, I need to find me some darn masque.

schipperchow1

:borgsmile:This thread is a terrible influence!! I have been sucked in by the Skala borg:look:

I brought a bottle of Skala Ceramide last year but never used. I saw the Jaborandi but didn't purchase then because I had picked up the Kanechomn Jab in Brazil. Yet, because of this thread I have gone to 2 big lots & purchased the aloe vera, shea butter & Ceramide condish & masks. :detective:Now I want to find the Skala Jaborandi at BL even though I still have some of the Kanechomn:spinning:

:sekret: I noticed some HL challengers in here...

Muse

This is so sad, I am back home visiting and was asking around where the Big Lots are, not to mention that anything I buy here I would have to mail it back home...sad yo. I found the jaborandi masque and conditioner at the Port Orange BL.

Sad yo sad.

That's a good find! I had to get mine from someone on the board. Can't find the Jab masque here.

Thank you! I just compiled all of my thoughts and mini-reviews into one post.

I can't wait to do the same for the Kanechom! :grin:

Can't wait for that review either.

:borgsmile:This thread is a terrible influence!! I have been sucked in by the Skala borg:look:

I brought a bottle of Skala Ceramide last year but never used. I saw the Jaborandi but didn't purchase then because I had picked up the Kanechomn Jab in Brazil. Yet, because of this thread I have gone to 2 big lots & purchased the aloe vera, shea butter & Ceramide condish & masks. :detective:Now I want to find the Skala Jaborandi at BL even though I still have some of the Kanechomn:spinning:

:sekret: I noticed some HL challengers in here...

Hey did you do a review of the Kanechomn? How do you like it?

SelfStyled

Kanechom is awesome! I am finding that their ingredients are better than Skala, at least the ones that I have found in my local Brazilian markets- some of the ones on amazon have denatured alcohol, which is a no go for me.

Skala Extra Liso Masque- oh my wow!!!!!!I found one 1000g tub, and I have to have this one in my life. It seems the common denominator for the two I have tried so far( Lisos and SB)are softness and shine. This one was the best so far. I like cones, and this one had one cone, so it had better slip than the SB masque. My airdried hair is soft and shiny-which is an oxymoron for me. It smells great and has really good ingredients: castor oil,rice bran oil, rice bran extracts(ceramides right?)

I am loving Brazilian products- these will be go to's for the summer.

msbettyboop

Review Time!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So I tried skala for the first time last night. I prepooed with lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol and washed with my sulfate free shampoo then I slathered on the keratin masque. I nearly emptied the jar to get enough for my hair:shocked:. I covered with a shower cap and left it in for 20 mins then rinsed it out. My hair felt very strong afterwards. Then I DCd with the avocado masque:lick::lick::lick: mixed with EVCO and essential oils. My hair was soft and felt quite nice afterwards. I added skala chocolate and shea butter as a leave in, put my hair in 6 plaits and air dried overnight. I'm transitioning and blow-drying is usually quite tedious for me but today it was very easy. However, the most fantastic thing is I lost only like 20 strands of hair throughout the whole blow-drying process. I also straightened a small section for length check and it looked so nice, soft and silky. I was almost tempted to flat iron my whole head.

Overall verdict:- I'm going back to the store to clear all the keratin masque on their shelves and the avocado masque too. I'm not sure which is better out of the shea butter and chocolate leave in but mixing them together was goooooooood.

SelfStyled

Great review Lafani- you just made me rememember something- I lost not one hair last night when detangling- not one- that has never ever happened to me before. ever.

Self Styled & Lafani...
THANK you both for those reviews....
RETENTION ~ RETENTION ~ RETENTION!!!
Once again, SKALA has proved itself. I think there is ONE form of SKALA that will fit everyone. If your hair doesn't like one...try another, or mix 2 together. I'm ALL for the mixing...just need more types to mix with!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am loving Brazilian products- these will be go to's for the summer.

This is also my plan as well. EXACTLY!:grin:

I will break into my Brazilian and Dominican Stash in July (after my next T/U) and will use these products strictly throughout July, August & September.:yep:

krissyprissy

I agree about the lasting softness of Skala. I have not pooed since Tuesday which is 4 days ago and my hair is still smooth and soft after using the Shea Butter and G3. My hair is usually dry by now and needs rewashing but I'm not sure if I need to wash today. Im serious ladies! My hair feels so soft and smooth and this never happens with American products.

I agree about the lasting softness of Skala. I have not pooed since Tuesday which is 4 days ago and my hair is still smooth and soft after using the Shea Butter and G3. My hair is usually dry by now and needs rewashing but I'm not sure if I need to wash today. Im serious ladies! My hair feels so soft and smooth and this never happens with American products.
You know...now that you mention it...that is true for me as well. Usually, I will co-wash 3-4 days a week...this past week, have only done it twice.

KinkyGenius

I'd like to try this product line for a cowash conditioner possibly, but have no idea which one to get for that purpose. This thread is sooooo long, I'm sure there's reviews in here somewhere :laugh:

yodie

There are so many Skala threads. I'm lost. Can OP post links of where people are ordering online? If not, can someone pm me or post it somewhere? Please!! I've tried a couple of BL. No luck. I'd like to pick up a shampoo and a couple of masques. If someone can find them locally and doesn't mind shipping them to me, I don't mind paying. Please let me know. I'm interested in the keratin, G3, shea, aloe masques and some sort of shampoo.

Also, is anyone using the regular condish (G3) as a deep conditioner?
Thanks.
Subscribing

mzsophisticated26

Yodie I have been testing the g3 conditioner as a dc for a couple of wks and so far so good. One thing I noticed is that I have to use a moisture poo first to get that really soft feel but my hair is stronger since using g3. The only masque I have is fruit cocktail and it did nothing for my hair. There is a thread in the product sale section where some members are selling some skala or swapping.

sky_blu

Guess I'll be heading off to my local BL to try this stuff out. Hopefully they have it in stock. I haven't been in Big Lots in at least 5 years but this will give more reason to go.

Muse

This is also my plan as well. EXACTLY!:grin:

I will break into my Brazilian and Dominican Stash in July (after my next T/U) and will use these products strictly throughout July, August & September.:yep:

Why are you two only using them for the summer? Why not year round? Just curious.

I know!!!! If I cowash with our cons over here I just get a head full of cones and minimal moisture. Using these American cons had me thinking I couldn't cowash. WRONG! I was using HE LTR con for cowashes before finding Skala and that stuff had my hair feeling COATED- like I had a raincoat on my head. I just kept using it because I figured that was the best it was gonna get. I would wet my hair and it wouldn't even feel like hair it was so coated ( and yes I shampoo weekly). Well with Skala I step in the shower and wet my hair after days with no shampoo and it feels like HAIR still. Stronger, silkier hair! Sometimes my hair feels so good from the cowash the day before that I don't feel like I need to put anymore con in my hair but I always do.:lick:

Muse

There are so many Skala threads. I'm lost. Can OP post links of where people are ordering online? If not, can someone pm me or post it somewhere? Please!! I've tried a couple of BL. No luck. I'd like to pick up a shampoo and a couple of masques. If someone can find them locally and doesn't mind shipping them to me, I don't mind paying. Please let me know. I'm interested in the keratin, G3, shea, aloe masques and some sort of shampoo.

Also, is anyone using the regular condish (G3) as a deep conditioner?
Thanks.
Subscribing

Yup check out the "Skala Swap" thread in the exchange forum. You'll find a lot there. I'm sure people will sell to you outright if you don't have anything to swap. Just PM them.

Yodie I have been testing the g3 conditioner as a dc for a couple of wks and so far so good. One thing I noticed is that I have to use a moisture poo first to get that really soft feel but my hair is stronger since using g3. The only masque I have is fruit cocktail and it did nothing for my hair. There is a thread in the product sale section where some members are selling some skala or swapping.

FC doesn't work too well for many of us. I never suggest 1st time Skala users use this one first because it's just ok and then people may think the other products are like that and they are so not. I'm guessing because the FC is for "all hair types" they aren't gonna make it too heavy to cater to the oilier hair types that want to use it.

JustSimplyTish

Guess I'll be heading off to my local BL to try this stuff out. Hopefully they have it in stock. I haven't been in Big Lots in at least 5 years but this will give more reason to go.

Well look out.....I had so much stuff in my cart that had nothing to do with Hair Products...BL has really stepped up their game since I last visited them...It will be a regular stop for me from now on...I've been missing some great bargains .. Just when I thought Walmart couldn't be beat!

LushLox

I saw some of the Avocado conditioner and leave in, but I didn't buy it. It smells beautiful, but I'm still hankering over the mask, will try and get to that shop on Monday...

LaFemmeNaturelle

I haven't read through this entire thread so I apologize if this has been brought up but while ya'll are doing your hauls, are yall checking the dates on the back? I looked at mine after another member brought it up and I see mine expires August of this year. Guess I should get to using it. I wish all products had the date it was manufactured and the date it expires like Skala. Just a heads up in case ya'll havent looked at the dates.

Mz.MoMo5235

so.... i used my skala yall.... and i must say

bum-bum-BUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!

i'm not impressed lol the masque i guess was so-so. i mean for $1 i guess it could have sucked fat monkey balls, but it didnt so i plan to reuse it til done. i did mix it with evco. it was way thinner than i expected. by the way i used the aloe vera one.

then i washed my hair with my normal poo and then went to use the cond (shea butter) AND OMG THIS SUCKED FAT HAIR MONKEY BALLS!!!! what's going on yall?!?!? the cond was thin and runny compared to what i'm used to using and it didnt have a fond smell to it (not nasty, just not yummy). AND THERE WAS ZERO SLIP!!! i almost started to cry because i lost so much freakin hair!!! i havent lost that much hair since my relaxed days yall, i almost panicked. when i 1st started to have problems i should have rinsed this stuff out and started over with my usual cond. mind you, i finger comb yall and it was a disaster!!!.

once i got out and towel dried, sprayed on my home made juice and then finished detangling since i didnt do that good of a job in the shower since i was losing so much hair. i then used the cond as a leave in. i'm letting my hair air dry and i'm hoping that i will be able to at least use this stuff as a leave in cause i will never use it in my wash routine again. if i can at least use it as a leave in then i can get my $1 worth lmao.

if once my hair air dries, it feels like boo-boo, i'm starting over with my usual stuff and donating my stash to my cousin.

this is a bandwagon i should have let pass me lmao but for $1 i couldnt resist!