Votes: 58 36.5%
  • Depends on my Mood - What's going on in Life

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • I only Dust, S&D - No major Cutting here

Votes: 21 13.2%

• Total voters

Nasdaq_Diva

Yeah I said it :yep:

I get moments like this when I just want to cut all my hair off and just start over. I'm not mad at my hair or anything like that. I just look at it sometimes, and say...hmmm maybe now is the time!

Anyone else ever feel like that? Probably not considering this is a Long Hair Care forum :lachen:

Last edited:

Ijanei

I did it before but I was much younger and now I get that feeling often. I just keep in mind how "funny" I looked with that 2 inches of hair on my head and the back shaved off :nono: Let us know how you make out.(

ms.blue

I can't rock a fade since I got a huge head but I can understand where you are coming from so I can't deal with my hair anymore, I hide away in braids or weaves.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Sometimes I want to cut just for a new start...like if I'm going through something in life I just wanna chop off all my hair. But I know I would regret it if I did so I have to do something to get over the feeling.

LittleLuxe

I do, lol, though I thought I was the only one on this forum too.

I sometimes feel like this hair is my practice hair and I picture myself starting from scratch with a short cut and doing everything right and it flourishing and flowing perfectly from the start.

Yep...I'm dellusional :lachen:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
:yep: As a matter of fact, I'm contemplating that right now :sekret:. I'm dealing with some issues with my hair at the moment, and I'm tempted to cut it down to the same length I was when I big chopped 2 years ago.

But I know I'm going to regret that in the end, and I keep changing my mind over and over. I don't really know WHAT I'm gonna end up doing. :ohwell::perplexed

greight

I want to do it, but I feel like I need to get to know my natural hair for better or worse. I feel like cutting it all off is like giving up, lol.

I'm definitely going to do that when I get older and have this hair thing on lock.

frizzy

I did it last year, I didn't like the shape it was growing in so I cut it to the shortest layer, then the ends went south and I had to have a professional cut it again.

People was wondering, "WTH is wrong with her, cutting all her hair off"?

curlyninjagirl

I'm still in the honeymoon stage of my hair journey so NO WAY! Everything's good now.....but when the honeymoon's over and challenges really start popping up, I'm afraid of that itch.....the "do-over" itch.

Duchesse

If there was a way to go from fade and back to BAA in a few months...I'd be alternating like a mug. But since there isn't, I'm keeping the fade days in the past.

So though I feel you, remember the long growing process...

chebaby

i think about it all the time but i have a funny shaped head. plus i want to grow as long as it can.

SimJam

when I was relaxed I cut my hair drastically like every 3 years or so (like to a pixie cut or bob)

but as a natural I cant even dream of cutting it back that short. I think b/c as a natural I needed to grow atleast 5 inches of hair for me to feel like I had hair on my head, and unstretched its only like an inch, basically I have to wait too darn long for my hair to look like its grown.

Chocolatelove2010

Every now and again, Yup :yep:

I just feel like I've abused my hair, and perhaps if I just shave it off I can just have complete new growth and try and forget what I did to my old hair :lachen:

But I'm too much of a wuss to cut my hair into a fade. I've done random chops.. a chunk here or there but I always stop. I can never finish the job off. :nono:

Nasdaq_Diva

Good to know I'm not the only one ladies! For those who are having hair issues/mad at your hair at the moment I wouldn't necessarily cut. But for those who just get an itch to cut their hair, JUST CAUSE..should think about it. I'm going to sleep on it..and let you all know my thoughts in the morning.

I'm going to Columbus to visit a friend of mine. She went to barber school a while back...who knows I may come back with a new do'. Of course I'll post pics :grin:

Sometimes I want to cut just for a new start...like if I'm going through something in life I just wanna chop off all my hair. But I know I would regret it if I did so I have to do something to get over the feeling.
I think that has part to do with it. I BC'd after 9 months of growth. I've had locs with color, bad hair practices, all the above. Sometimes I feel like if I start over, like 100% I'll be off to a truly fresh start.

The main reason why I want to cut my hair...I just like short hair :yep: I've been wanting to try my hair in a fade since I was like 19-20yr/old. I'm 27 now..still haven't tried it. I've been saying once I reach WL, I'll keep that length for a year, then BC to the fade. I dont feel like waiting that long though :wallbash:

I do, lol, though I thought I was the only one on this forum too.

I sometimes feel like this hair is my practice hair and I picture myself starting from scratch with a short cut and doing everything right and it flourishing and flowing perfectly from the start.

Yep...I'm dellusional :lachen:
Nope, me too :yep:

:yep: As a matter of fact, I'm contemplating that right now :sekret:. I'm dealing with some issues with my hair at the moment, and I'm tempted to cut it down to the same length I was when I big chopped 2 years ago.

But I know I'm going to regret that in the end, and I keep changing my mind over and over. I don't really know WHAT I'm gonna end up doing. :ohwell::perplexed

Last edited:

Whimsy

Yeah I said it :yep:

I get moments like this when I just want to cut all my hair off and just start over. I'm not mad at my hair or anything like that. I just look at it sometimes, and say...hmmm maybe now is the time!

Anyone else ever feel like that? Probably not considering this is a Long Hair Care forum :lachen:

Oh girl i get those moments too!!!! i think everyone does at one point or another... at least for a fleeting moment.

if you do it, know it'll grow back, and if you don't do it, know you'll reach your goal much faster :)

RegaLady

I do but not as much as I use to. I use to cut my hair in a jiffy, and often picture myself my short hair and I would get happy:look:. But I am growing my hair out now and starting all over, so NO, not anytime soon:grin:.

umesbelle

I had to cut it all off in march because it fell out in chucks after a coloring and then getting a perm (months apart). Everyone thought I was crazy for cutting it. Now I'm growing it back. It does grow back!

nadiacurly

YES. I had this moment today..i was looking in the mirror and i had a scissor in my hand...i heard someone say: just do it!

But i laughed and gave the scissor to my sister to put it FAR away :) LOL

brucebettye

I want to cut my hair, but not into a fade. I have about 5 inches of new growth and I want to go natural. I will do it either in December or wait until next summer. But I do love the ease of short hair.