2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_cheveious

I used the bank holiday weekend to do my corrective. So I'm now freshly relaxed, man I missed my scalp!

TheNDofUO How's things going for you? How many weeks post are you now?

xu93texas

I am 14w 4d post today and I can't take it anymore:-(. My NG is very dense and tangles without doing a thing to my hair. I had planned to CW today but after hand detangling on Friday and putting Darcy's transitioning Creme on my NG, I've decided no more manipulation until after relaxing, which btw, seems ages away but in reality, it's only 5 days away. My scalp is tender and itches sometimes, it's been 4 days since I shampoo'd and my scalp is begging for some water. I don't want to touch or look at my hair and if I could get away with it, I would hide my hair until Friday.

Hang in there, girl! Relaxer day is around the corner!:grin:

bigbrowneyez

sunnieb said:
I'm 12 weeks post!! :yay:

I moisturized this morning and put my hair in a bun and that's where it has remained all day. I think I can make it to 15 weeks. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

I think all of my buddies have relaxed so I'll just post randomly until somebody "adopts" me. :giggle:

Aww I'm 16 weeks post but I can be your buddy for the next three weeks if u like cuz that's when I'm getting my relaxer! Can. Not. Wait. Lol ahhhh I wanna feel my scalp again and get a comb thru from root to tip.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I am 13 weeks and 4 days post and trying to stretch to 16 weeks (first time stretching to 16 weeks....I usually stretch to 14 weeks). I wash/clarify my hair and it was no joke combing that NG after my DC :nono:

Lawd, give me strength to make it to 16 weeks!! :meditate::pray:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I'm 12 weeks post!! :yay:

I moisturized this morning and put my hair in a bun and that's where it has remained all day. I think I can make it to 15 weeks. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

I think all of my buddies have relaxed so I'll just post randomly until somebody "adopts" me. :giggle:

I would take you, but your a week older than me LOL

sunnieb

bigbrowneyez - Thanks girl! I'll stick to you for the next 3 weeks even though you're doing way better than I am. If I had my relaxer, I would probably relax this week! I'm holding out because I'm really not having any problems, just getting hair lazy.

ZebraPrintLover - Thank you! We're still kind of right there together. I'll keep an eye on your progression. :yep:

PinkPebbles

Hi Ladies -

Is anyone growing out layers? I got my hair cut in layers in January and I wasn't please with it. The stylist did not do a good job and now I'm growing them out.

What I don't like about layers is the growing out stage when the cut was not precise. I can't wear my hair straight b/c of the different lengths, it doesn't look full.

I need support. I'm trying to grow it out and then even out my hair in Dec. If I cut now and then try to even it out I will cut too much hair off.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas,

I know...I know. You see, i'm working on this thing called patience, when I get really close to a goal I get antsy. Did you cw yesterday? How are you wearing your hair up until Wednesday? I can't wait until I gain more length as well as thickness because these tired looking buns are killing my style. I don't want to wear the fake ones because the stress placed on that one area all the time could cause major breakage on my fine strands. Wigs make me look weird and braids thin my hair out, though I might be trying the cornrows down the back into a low bun at the end of my next stretch.

Evolving78

Hi Ladies -

Is anyone growing out layers? I got my hair cut in layers in January and I wasn't please with it. The stylist did not do a good job and now I'm growing them out.

What I don't like about layers is the growing out stage when the cut was not precise. I can't wear my hair straight b/c of the different lengths, it doesn't look full.

I need support. I'm trying to grow it out and then even out my hair in Dec. If I cut now and then try to even it out I will cut too much hair off.

i have natural layers. i made them more pronounced when i trimmed my hair in twists. i wear curly styles to make it more fuller. right now, i am wearing my hair in a bun with a part in the middle.

Evolving78

Loving
my new growth is starting to sprout out. i am going to try out Hawaiian Silky 14n1 to help moisturize and soften my new growth. a little goes a long way. i don't wanna wet my hair with it. i am still wearing a bun. hopefully i can have my cast removed this week so i can get in the shower to wash my hair. i tried the sink last week, and it was kinda tangled.

sunnieb

12 weeks and 1 day post

My half up/half down style really hides what's going on just beneath the surface! :lol:

ForumRunner_20120409_132946.jpg

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Loving

shortdub78 I am going through the same thing! I have been using a castor oil mix to massage my hair and it may be making my hair thick and as such my NG, especially the edges, feels rough.

For the first time I am thinking of co-washing. I bought a cheapie Suave conditioner to try on Wednesday night. I am going to start out with this co-washing thing once a week.

KhandiB

sunnieb - Never had good luck with how my hair looks rollersetting..
Its weird..

Ill post pics.. I havent given up though!! I found the hard mesh rollers I have been looking for for years and a new hair dryer :)

KhandiB - why can't you???

Your hair is gorgeous in your avi!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb

KhandiB - I got the look today by moisturizing and putting my hair in two bantu knots. I haven't taken the plunge to do a full-head rollerset just yet.

Ms. Tiki

I was too lazy to texlax this weekend. I'm going to try to do it tonight no later than tomorrow.

sunnieb

My newgrowth is acting up!

I cowashed tonight with my Garnier Triple Moisture and it did not penetrate my newgrowth at all! I kept adding more conditioner, but that was a waste. My newgrowth felt naked! Ugh!

Luckily my previously relaxed hair felt fabulously conditioned so I was able to get through the detangling process.

It's so strange because I just used this last week and it was great! :ohwell:

xu93texas

KiWiStyle,
I cw on Saturday and I shampoo and DC'd today as well as did a protein treatment. My relaxer day is Thursday and I'm cutting it close w/washing today. Oh well.:ohwell: Today, I sported a wig. I plaited my hair up tonight and will wear a braidout Tues-Thurs. I plan to wear my hair down and straight from Thurs-Sunday. I'll clarify/protein/DC on Monday and start doing rollersets. I'm not sure if rollersets are OK for the HYH challenge. If not, I'll be dropping out of that one. I'm tired of figuring out what to do with my NL hair. (I need about 1.5 inches before I'm grazing SL and 2.5 inches for full SL) I'll probably sport my phony ponytail and bun in between rollersets (when I'm feeling lazy). I'm getting ready to go back to work and I won't be wearing wigs to work (only when a hair emergency arises):lol:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
sunnieb, sorry to hear that buddy. Does your hair tangle much during a stretch? Nix08, how's your hair? Of course my hair is doing outstanding since it's recently TUd.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Hi guys:wave: divachyk like you my hair is doing great...I did leave my conditioner AOHSR in from my cowash last night in my hair to do a pseudo all day DC. I flat ironed over the weekend and didn't cowash for a couple days so I wanted to up the moisture in my head...My hair was damp this morning (since I fell asleep at about 8:30:nono:) but it felt very soft. I'm kicking myself because I think it would have been good to have added some more conditioner for a real all day DC....yes I'm at work but the AO's seem to go on without residue on dry hair:yep:

KhandiB

That happened with me with Silicon Mix..

Im so mad because I spent a lot of money getting the huge container and now it acts like it dont want to work :|

My newgrowth is acting up!

I cowashed tonight with my Garnier Triple Moisture and it did not penetrate my newgrowth at all! I kept adding more conditioner, but that was a waste. My newgrowth felt naked! Ugh!

Luckily my previously relaxed hair felt fabulously conditioned so I was able to get through the detangling process.

It's so strange because I just used this last week and it was great! :ohwell:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas,

Be sure to base really well, we don't want you to be under processed and have to do a corrective. I'm in the HYH challenge too and thinking of employing roller sets into my regimen. I've noticed lots of retention from those rocking them so I want to try something different. I have not cw or washed since last Wednesday which is a record for me but I just cannot get my self to be bothered with this jungle on my scalp. Maybe we can join the roller setting challenge...? I've noticed in the past when I got my TU's, I felt awkward having my hair down and quickly put it back up...do people roller set and then bun?? I also like to do cute up do's when my hair is straight so i'll be doing that to.

xu93texas

KiWiStyle,
Hi, I always make sure to base my scalp very well. Thanks for the reminder.:grin: I don't like wearing my hair down or straight as well. I do it for the first 4 days after relaxing, then I'm washing and moving on to something else. I'll try to rollerset twice a week. I'm going to wait to join the rollersetting challenge b/c I'm too wishy-washy about my hair right now. I want to try it out for 3-4 weeks and see what happens.

Have you thought about how long you'll be stretching after this relaxer??

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas,

I'm thinking of revisiting my usual 12 weeks because the last several weeks have left my hair in a tangled mess after cw/washing and because I don't know how to style my hair in this state, i'm walking around looking a hot mess. My silk headbands have saved me this last week.

I just decided to do anther detangling session with rose water and glycerin to my ng and found a few tangles and LOTS of shedded hair which would have become even more entangled had I decided to wash. I didn't comb through the ng, just moistened with me mixture and finger combed. I have it in 4 braided in plats but now I need a hat or something until Thursday, I relax Friday AM. Now that my ng is slightly straightened and moisturized, i'm hoping to not have to hurt my stylist for yanking it out. I love her dearly but she uses a rat tail comb to part through it and it aint nice.

xu93texas

KiWiStyle,

Yeah, I've been going to the same stylist for almost 14 years and she gets on my nerves with them tiny combs. Girl, I bring my HS combs and Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea leave in with me to every appointment. :lol: It's a good thing she uses PM, Joico, and Chi styling products. I'm a bust out my PM SSS on her this week.:lol: I can't wait to see how it works on my freshly relaxed hair.

I'm planning to relax around the middle of July. My goal is to be SL by then and that will be my next length check after I take pics this weekend.

sunnieb

divachyk - awwww, you still consider me a buddy even though you relaxed! :) Thank you!

KhandiB - Giiiirrrllllllll! I don't know what my hair was doing last night. I've used Garnier for years whether I'm 1 day post or 14 weeks post with no problems. I've been clarifying weekly so I know I don't have build up. So Iunno. My hair is just being fussy.

I'm rockin' a sloppy ponytail today so I'll bun her up tonight and see how she's acting in the morning. :yep:

KhandiB

sunnieb I cannot explain how bad my hair looks today... :look:

divachyk - awwww, you still consider me a buddy even though you relaxed! :) Thank you!

KhandiB - Giiiirrrllllllll! I don't know what my hair was doing last night. I've used Garnier for years whether I'm 1 day post or 14 weeks post with no problems. I've been clarifying weekly so I know I don't have build up. So Iunno. My hair is just being fussy.

I'm rockin' a sloppy ponytail today so I'll bun her up tonight and see how she's acting in the morning. :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas,

That's too funny!! I have yet to bring products with me to my new stylist, not comfortable yet...I've only been going to her since last summer and before that my sister. My stylist uses pretty decent products and tools so I don't really have to. She is really good, found out about her here on the boards and she's only about 3 miles from me. She uses bone combs, Denman brushes, point me toward the mirror when she trims, explain what she is putting in my hair and talks to me about how to take care of my hair and what vitamins I need to take...of course I know all this stuff already but it's great that she knows as well. She also use a lot of Nairobi products including the relaxer; mild for me. I am pleased.

I plan to relax in July as well! My 11th wedding anniversary is 7/21 and I plan to relax sometime before that. I'll be 14 weeks on the 20th so probably then, we'll have to see how this ng of mine behaves. Anyhoo, i'll be rocking four granny plats hidden behind cap until Friday...a hot mess I know. I scheduled all my appointments starting late Friday afternoon , LOL...i'll be soo confident with my flat straight hair.

ETA:
:update:This just in!! My stylist just texted me and asked me to come in on Thursday morning :yay::bdance::bouncy::sweet:!! I'm soo happy I didn't cw today!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.