2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnieb

Hey Ya'll! :hiya:

Thought I'd make a thread for us to get in touch with ladies who are in the same week of their relaxer stretch as you currently are.

For now, Nix08 is my "buddy" and we're both just a little past 8 weeks post. Who else?

Any other 8 week posters out there? What problems are you having? My newgrowth is tangling and trying to act up, but I'm dc'ing now and it's doing much better. I'm trying to go 15 weeks. :drunk:

Please post your stats so your buddy can find you:

How many weeks post are you right now?

How long are you stretching?

Any other info?

Ms. Tiki

How many weeks post are you right now? I am 12 weeks and 4 day post

How long are you stretching? I'm trying for 16 weeks but I almost threw in the towel this weekend. The only thing that stopped me was laziness

Any other info? My NG is out of control. I'm having tangling issues to the point I lost a little length not too long ago. :cry2:

AryaStarr258

I'm 16 weeks post.

My goal is to get to 24 weeks, but I'd like to stretch to the end of July if I can survive it.

Any other info?
I'm managing my NG fairly well by cowashing and wetting it almost daily. I keep detangling to a minimum, and wear a bun all the time.

Lissa0821

How many weeks post are you right now? 8 weeks

How long are you stretching? 12 weeks to April 14

Any other info? So far so good.

SunySydeofLyfe

2 weeks. I working my way up to longer stretches.
This time 12 weeks. Want to max out at 24.
Any other info? I've been real hair lazy in need of some motivation.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Did a flat twist across the front hairline to minimize the non-smooth look....followed by a high bun, it looks very classy and cute:grin:

Shelew

My last relaxer was Dec 1, 2011 and I am currently 14 1/2 weeks. I do plan to relax soon....I think. I was suppose to wait until beginning of May but when I do my bun(actually a thin ponytail), the kitchen in the back of my neck is giving me grief! Lol

hothair

My last relaxer was mid November so that makes me about 17 weeks post. I won't be relaxing until May. I haven't had much problems just some shedding recently but then I stopped taking my garlic supplements (getting back on those).

Loving

Cool thread!!!

I am 3 days post :grin:. I just got a touch up on Saturday.

I want to go for 9 or 10 weeks this time. My longest has been 9 weeks but for my last tocuh up I only went for 8 weeks. My NG was getting too thick for me to handle!

I really want to get to know my hair and will be coming here often to get tips on how to stretch. I also want some new hair styles. I am tired of buns! :spinning:

Last edited:

nazjha

Hey Hey,
I am currently 13 weeks and 5 days post. i would looove to stretch until may 1st but we shall see.
I'm experiencing knots and a little breakage here and there nothing a little protein cant fix.

Last edited:

NaiyaAi

I'm three days post. I'm not a stretcher, I usually go eight weeks between relaxers, but I might cut that to seven this time so I can have a fresh relaxer for my birthday. :dance7:

TeeSGee

How many weeks post are you right now? I'm currently 13 wks post relaxer

How long are you stretching? unsure but maybe until May 2 which is my bday.

Any other info? I have a hard time finding an extremely moisturizing DC, my new growth sometimes tangle and my hair often feels dry a few days after moisturizing. i also want to grow my nape in, its currently NL while my hair is full BSL, and i'm working on my retention since i had my trim last mth and took off 2-3 inches.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
How many weeks post are you right now? I am 12 weeks and 4 day post

How long are you stretching? I'm trying for 16 weeks but I almost threw in the towel this weekend. The only thing that stopped me was laziness

Any other info? My NG is out of control. I'm having tangling issues to the point I lost a little length not too long ago. :cry2:

Agree on the tangling Ms. Tiki.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
11 weeks 5 days

13 or 14 weeks

Any other info?
Hair is very tangly and I experienced some breakage this past wash day. I normally end my stretch anywhere from 10-12 weeks. Scheduling conflicts is driving the 13 or 14 stretch.

Lynnerie

How many weeks post are you right now? I'm exactly 13 wks post relaxer today.

How long are you stretching? I'm going to try to make it until the last week of April or May 1st. I'm currently in a sew-in and I need to get it out soon cause this Saturday I will have had it in for 2 months. Also need to get it redone before my wedding which is May 5th and I know I will need another relaxer before the wedding.

Any other info? I'm texlaxed. I'm focusing on protective styles something I never did before. I really want to retain more length and take better care of my ends. I will be keeping up with my trims, deep conditioning, N'Joy's sulfur oil, and protective styling.

feelfree

55 weeks post here.

Probably stretching until the end of April/beginning of May.

Rarely wear my hair straight because I don't like using heat, but will blow dry every 5-6 months to ensure that I am getting tangles out properly. Just blowdried, then flat ironed, for the first time in a year on Sunday.

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
SunySydeofLyfe I am two weeks post! Want to be my buddy?:drunk:

I stretched 17 weeks last time, and I was under-processed. I am aiming for 12 weeks this time.
Doing my hair relaxes me, especially DCing:lick:

2 weeks. I working my way up to longer stretches.
This time 12 weeks. Want to max out at 24.
Any other info? I've been real hair lazy in need of some motivation.

Bnster

55 weeks post here.

Probably stretching until the end of April/beginning of May.

Rarely wear my hair straight because I don't like using heat, but will blow dry every 5-6 months to ensure that I am getting tangles out properly. Just blowdried, then flat ironed, for the first time in a year on Sunday.

feelfree wow that is amazing over 13 mths post relaxer and you are not planning to transition?

I am only 6 mths, almost 7mths. I will be relaxing next week, which should reach my 7 mths post. Great job! PM or list your secrets here.

wannabelong

How many weeks post are you right now? I'm 2 weeks post

How long are you stretching? At least 12 but may go longer depending on how my hair behaves.

Any other info? No other info I can think of right now.

sunnieb

Did a flat twist across the front hairline to minimize the non-smooth look....followed by a high bun, it looks very classy and cute:grin:

So @sunnieb and @Lissa0821 we're buddies:yep: ... I kinda sorta vow to make it to April 14th too:grin:

How many weeks post are you right now? 8 weeks

How long are you stretching? 12 weeks to April 14

Any other info? So far so good.

Hey Buds! I'm still going to try to get to April 29th - 15 weeks for me. :yep:

Clarifying, shampooing, and dc'ing last night definitely helped to calm my newgrowth tangles tremendously! I airdried in my typical braided pigtails, so I have a nice braidout.

I've been putting castor oil on my ends to seal in moisture since I tend to wear my hair more as I get deeper into my stretch. It's just easier to do a simple half-up/half-down style so I don't have to comb my dry newgrowth.

xu93texas

Oooohh!, I want a buddy too!:grin:

I'll be 11 wks post on Friday. My last relaxer was 12/30/11. I'm aiming for a 17 week stretch, which will put me at relaxing on 4/27.

I've been co-washing twice a week and wash/DC once a week. My main problem is I'm noticing more shedding?? I'm pleased with the amount of ng that I have.

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

How many weeks post are you: I'm about 5 weeks post.

How long are you stretching: I plan on stretching to atleast 12 weeks.

Any other info: I texlaxed my hair 5 weeks ago after a almost 7 month transition that turned into a stretch. I am a protective styler and wear wigs 5 days a week. Usually i would flatiron once a week but i want to stop using direct heat so often. I am going to start rollersetting on wet hair 2 days out of the week (instead of flat ironed hair) or i will try wash n gos since my hair has a nice wave to it when its wet..i am about 95% texlaxed w/bonelaxed ends which i am slowly trimming off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.