2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissa0821

@sunnieb and @Lissa0821 hey buddies...(@irsgirl your in around the same time frame)...I did a clarifying wash yesterday and all is well with my hair again:grin: I'm in for the long haul:yep:

Nix08 and sunnieb I did a prepoo with a castor oil mixture and wash with Hair One. I am ditching castor oil from here on out. I have my staple products and routine for my hair so I am all good. I tried Elasta QP H2 leave in and I really liked it.

You guy will keep me accountable for this stretch.

miss stress

janaq2003 well I relaxed last week and under processed myself so I'm deep conditioning and buning for a month then Im gonna get a sew in for 2months then do my corrective. I'm aiming for bsl this yr so hopefully I wont have any setbacks. How's your hair doing?

TheNDofUO

How many weeks post are you right now? I'm 2 weeks post

How long are you stretching? At least 12 but may go longer depending on how my hair behaves.

Any other info? No other info I can think of right now.

Will YOU be my buddy? I'm 2 weeks post too. I'm stretching for 16 weeks *hopefully*

sunnieb

@sunnieb and @Lissa0821 hey buddies...(@irsgirl your in around the same time frame)...I did a clarifying wash yesterday and all is well with my hair again:grin: I'm in for the long haul:yep:

@Nix08 and @sunnieb I did a prepoo with a castor oil mixture and wash with Hair One. I am ditching castor oil from here on out. I have my staple products and routine for my hair so I am all good. I tried Elasta QP H2 leave in and I really liked it.

You guy will keep me accountable for this stretch.

Glad ya'll still going strong! We'll be 9 weeks post next week, so keep on keepin' on!

Lissa0821 I've never tried Elasta QP, but I keep hearing about it. Is this a leave-in conditioner? Why are you ditching castor oil? I know it's heavy, but I use it sparingly.

Nix08 - yes, clarifying does wonders, especially the deeper I stretch. I tend to get really heavy-handed with product the more newgrowth I get, so I need a clean hair slate.

I'm about to go cowash. Gotta keep my newgrowth moist and happy! I haven't decided if I'll use Garnier or HE....:confused:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I did a simple DC with AORM and a cowash with AOHSR..my hair is feeling fabulous!!! If it wasn't for the wedding at the end of April I would try and stretch longer. Well maybe the next time around:yep: Or maybe not, I'm not looking for any setbacks:nono:

sunnieb

I'm about to go cowash. Gotta keep my newgrowth moist and happy! I haven't decided if I'll use Garnier or HE....:confused:

Ended up using HE Touchably Smooth....:lick: I love the scent of this conditioner! Gave my newgrowth plenty of slip and it's soft now.

I'm going to airdry for another hour or so and then put in 2 pigtail braids. I'll add a dollop of castor oil to the ends and go to bed..

TeeSGee

Hey Hey,
I am currently 13 weeks and 5 days post. i would looove to stretch until may 1st but we shall see.
I'm experiencing knots and a little breakage here and there nothing a little protein cant fix.

Hey nazjha If u don't already have a buddy, let me know if you wanna be mine since we're about the same wks post and will be relaxing around the same time.

ScorpioLove

How many weeks post are you right now?
about 8
How long are you stretching?
until may at some point
Any other info?
i'm texlaxed... i havent touched the middle of my hair in two weeks. i have been avoiding it :look:

Lilmama1011

I'm 8 weeks post and always stretch to ten, but might stretch longer because my hair doesn't appear to be too course this time around and barely anything coming out, I am relaxed and colored

janaq2003

miss stress Im dealing with some dry hair so.. I'm gonna cowash and give my hair some love. Not really feeling wearing it down. Just wanna be super lazy and bun.

Lissa0821

Glad ya'll still going strong! We'll be 9 weeks post next week, so keep on keepin' on!

@Lissa0821 I've never tried Elasta QP, but I keep hearing about it. Is this a leave-in conditioner? Why are you ditching castor oil? I know it's heavy, but I use it sparingly.

@Nix08 - yes, clarifying does wonders, especially the deeper I stretch. I tend to get really heavy-handed with product the more newgrowth I get, so I need a clean hair slate.

Hey sunnieb The leave in is a liquid leave in and it made my hair very soft and easy to detangle. Past few days my hair is just "ok". Castor oil makes my new growth dry and hard. I have tried to use it several different ways but I get the same results.

Evolving78

Loving

shortdub78...we could be buddies. I just got a touchup on Saturday so I am just 5 days post. How long do you plan to go before your next touchup?

i am so not a stretcher. i usually go 8 weeks and in the past have went to 10-12 weeks, but i had to relax this time. my hair was so tangled and matted. but if i can get tight rod sets/ roller sets, i may be able to pull it off.

Loving

@Loving

i am so not a stretcher. i usually go 8 weeks and in the past have went to 10-12 weeks, but i had to relax this time. my hair was so tangled and matted. but if i can get tight rod sets/ roller sets, i may be able to pull it off.

shortdub78 I totally understand. The longest I have gone is 9 weeks and I only went 8 weeks before I got my touchup last Saturday. Let's both see how it goes.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Planning on doing some pincurls tonight for tomorrow:yay: Better turn out nice, or I'll be all miserable about my hair:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.