Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

Reminiscing

Hi fellow single ladies!

I'm writing today with a very JOYOUS heart! Not because I'm finally in a relationship, but because I got my heart broken... again. Lol!. I know it's an odd thing to laugh about but I'm soooo thankful to God that I'm laughing and not crying. Don't get me wrong, I did shed some tears but the tears didn't last long and what I heard God whisper in my ear was "You didn't fall this time. You just tripped and I held your hand the whole time."

Ladies, I'll spare you the details of the heartbreak but I'll share this with you.... Every time I tell my mom that I don't want to get hurt again she tells me "In order to fall in love, you have to be willing to get hurt." It never used to make sense to me because who wants to associate love with hurt and pain?? But the truth is that love is risky. There will be ups and downs and no matter how great and how godly the man that God has for us is, there will still be some disappointment and some hurt at some point in the relationship and along the road to meeting him there will definitely be some hurt and pain.

I'm smiling today because God showed me that I don't have to be afraid of getting hurt again. The closer I get to God, the less of a sting I feel from the situations that do not work out. As a matter of fact, I can't even say this was a case of my heart getting broken. My heart was just bruised this time, but guess what? It took a lickin' and it keeps on tickin! Lol!

Ladies, I feel very encouraged. God has been talking to me so much. He's leading me towards expanding my professional circle and meeting new people in my industry so I'm signing up for some workshops and plan to attend them on my own. Who knows, maybe my future husband will be at one of these workshops. :spinning: I claim it right now in the name of JESUS! :grin:

Oh and let me share a crazy story with you.... Tell me why I ran into my ex-boyfriend, the atheist, at church yesterday. I mean who runs into an ATHEIST at CHURCH???? Annnndd, he was with his new girlfriend. Man, I tell you the enemy was working hard to steal my joy yesterday. A few weeks ago it would've made me cry but yesterday it made me laugh. I'm so thankful God allowed me to find the humor in it. I just chuckled at the irony and went right back to praising God. Can't no one tell me I didn't get my praise on yesterday. :yep:

Be blessed ladies!

bellatiamarie

I immerse myself in The Word on a daily basis, I've also bought a notebook to take notes of sermons by pastors who preach The Gospel. At first I was like: what's the point of studying about marriage? What if I never get married? But I liked what Voddie Baucham Jr. said: single Christian women and married Christian women shouldn't live all that differently from one another, chastity should be the main goal for all Christian women. I also try to attend church on a regular basis, been doing so for the past three years or so and I truly enjoy it, it's like rebirth every sunday:grin:.

I've been living alone for nearly 5 years now and it has taught me so much on so many levels; I now know how to cook up to 4 different dishes from scratch, not just edible ones but finger licking ones HA! I'm working on decorating my place and it helps that I work in a home furnishing store ;). I take care of my mental and physical health, earlier this year I took swimming and biking lessons, planning to take them again in the summer next year. Although I'm an introvert, I no longer see it as a disadvantage, I just do what works for me. I do very well in one-on-one settings, extremely well even, I just need to channel that to group settings, it's a challenge I'm willing to take up.

As far as formal education goes, it hasn't been easy, but if all goes well I will graduate with my MA degree in African Studies next summer. After that I plan to take Portuguese lessons at the same college to improve my proficiency and writing skills in that language. As far as personal development goes, I found a site earlier this year for women who wish to become more eloquent in their speech and it really sparked my interest, I think I'll also take some online classes from them.

What site have you been using to help with speech?

sweetvi

Hi fellow single ladies!

I'm writing today with a very JOYOUS heart! Not because I'm finally in a relationship, but because I got my heart broken... again. Lol!. I know it's an odd thing to laugh about but I'm soooo thankful to God that I'm laughing and not crying. Don't get me wrong, I did shed some tears but the tears didn't last long and what I heard God whisper in my ear was "You didn't fall this time. You just tripped and I held your hand the whole time."

Ladies, I'll spare you the details of the heartbreak but I'll share this with you.... Every time I tell my mom that I don't want to get hurt again she tells me "In order to fall in love, you have to be willing to get hurt." It never used to make sense to me because who wants to associate love with hurt and pain?? But the truth is that love is risky. There will be ups and downs and no matter how great and how godly the man that God has for us is, there will still be some disappointment and some hurt at some point in the relationship and along the road to meeting him there will definitely be some hurt and pain.

I'm smiling today because God showed me that I don't have to be afraid of getting hurt again. The closer I get to God, the less of a sting I feel from the situations that do not work out. As a matter of fact, I can't even say this was a case of my heart getting broken. My heart was just bruised this time, but guess what? It took a lickin' and it keeps on tickin! Lol!

Ladies, I feel very encouraged. God has been talking to me so much. He's leading me towards expanding my professional circle and meeting new people in my industry so I'm signing up for some workshops and plan to attend them on my own. Who knows, maybe my future husband will be at one of these workshops. :spinning: I claim it right now in the name of JESUS! :grin:

Oh and let me share a crazy story with you.... Tell me why I ran into my ex-boyfriend, the atheist, at church yesterday. I mean who runs into an ATHEIST at CHURCH???? Annnndd, he was with his new girlfriend. Man, I tell you the enemy was working hard to steal my joy yesterday. A few weeks ago it would've made me cry but yesterday it made me laugh. I'm so thankful God allowed me to find the humor in it. I just chuckled at the irony and went right back to praising God. Can't no one tell me I didn't get my praise on yesterday. :yep:

Be blessed ladies!

POWERFUL!!!!:yep::yep::yep:

tlbaby23

Hi fellow single ladies! I'm writing today with a very JOYOUS heart! Not because I'm finally in a relationship, but because I got my heart broken... again. Lol!. I know it's an odd thing to laugh about but I'm soooo thankful to God that I'm laughing and not crying. Don't get me wrong, I did shed some tears but the tears didn't last long and what I heard God whisper in my ear was "You didn't fall this time. You just tripped and I held your hand the whole time." Ladies, I'll spare you the details of the heartbreak but I'll share this with you.... Every time I tell my mom that I don't want to get hurt again she tells me "In order to fall in love, you have to be willing to get hurt." It never used to make sense to me because who wants to associate love with hurt and pain?? But the truth is that love is risky. There will be ups and downs and no matter how great and how godly the man that God has for us is, there will still be some disappointment and some hurt at some point in the relationship and along the road to meeting him there will definitely be some hurt and pain. I'm smiling today because God showed me that I don't have to be afraid of getting hurt again. The closer I get to God, the less of a sting I feel from the situations that do not work out. As a matter of fact, I can't even say this was a case of my heart getting broken. My heart was just bruised this time, but guess what? It took a lickin' and it keeps on tickin! Lol! Ladies, I feel very encouraged. God has been talking to me so much. He's leading me towards expanding my professional circle and meeting new people in my industry so I'm signing up for some workshops and plan to attend them on my own. Who knows, maybe my future husband will be at one of these workshops. :spinning: I claim it right now in the name of JESUS! :grin: Oh and let me share a crazy story with you.... Tell me why I ran into my ex-boyfriend, the atheist, at church yesterday. I mean who runs into an ATHEIST at CHURCH???? Annnndd, he was with his new girlfriend. Man, I tell you the enemy was working hard to steal my joy yesterday. A few weeks ago it would've made me cry but yesterday it made me laugh. I'm so thankful God allowed me to find the humor in it. I just chuckled at the irony and went right back to praising God. Can't no one tell me I didn't get my praise on yesterday. :yep: Be blessed ladies!

Wow was is an amazing testimony. Thank you for sharing!

sounbeweavable

It's crazy how the devil will use your friends against you. One of my friends from church was being really insensitive and giving me bad, unwise advice today that really upset me and pissed me off. I talked to three separate women with very mature faiths and they made me see that I was right to feel off about that advice because it wasn't healthy and was the devil feeding me lies. I wasn't very nice in my reaction and I apologized, but I know I can't really go to this person for insight anymore because she doesn't have the wisdom or maturity to provide meaningful, godly advice.

It's rough out there for young Christian women. *shudders*

Phoenix14

It's crazy how the devil will use your friends against you. One of my friends from church was being really insensitive and giving me bad, unwise advice today that really upset me and pissed me off. I talked to three separate women with very mature faiths and they made me see that I was right to feel off about that advice because it wasn't healthy and was the devil feeding me lies. I wasn't very nice in my reaction and I apologized, but I know I can't really go to this person for insight anymore because she doesn't have the wisdom or maturity to provide meaningful, godly advice.

It's rough out there for young Christian women. *shudders*

Very timely. I recently got feedback from a friend yesterday about this guy I'm talking to and it seemed...a little more negative than usual. I woke up this morning reading 1 Corinthians and I just started praying that God give ME the power of discernment. Not only when it comes to this man and our relationship but also with friends and how much I share with them and their advice.

sounbeweavable

Very timely. I recently got feedback from a friend yesterday about this guy I'm talking to and it seemed...a little more negative than usual. I woke up this morning reading 1 Corinthians and I just started praying that God give ME the power of discernment. Not only when it comes to this man and our relationship but also with friends and how much I share with them and their advice.

I wound up mentally checking her advice against biblical truths and it did not match up at all it was also just plain ignorant. I wound up telling her that she wasn't the right person for me to take advice from because we're at very different places and maturities.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
It's a post from Gary Thomas' blog on marriage. The title put me off at first but I'm glad I read through the end.

The Art of Making Yourself More Marriageable

When talking to a group of singles, one woman took offense when I said that part of our response to the Bible’s affirmation of pursuing marriage (Prov. 31:10) is to work on making ourselves more “marriageable.” That might mean getting in shape, getting out of debt, growing deeper in the Lord, improving relational skills, etc.

She took offense to the “getting in shape” comment. In a strongly worded retort she suggested, “Why not ask a man to change his shallow expectations, instead of making a woman change her shape?” Now, please notice I didn’t tell women to change their shape. I said, to both genders, maybe you need to get in shape. If someone has read my book Every Body Matters, they know I believe there is a distinct difference in having a certain shape and being in shape.

But we have to be careful about adopting any attitude that if someone doesn’t marry us for whatever reason, they’re simply “shallow.” That notion will not help you find someone to marry.

Nobody “owes” it to us to marry us.

The commitment of marriage is so extensive and so long lasting, that I should be in awe anyone would even consider it; what a gift that my wife has made that choice. But I neither deserved it, nor did she ever owe it to me. I couldn’t be resentful of anyone who said, “No, I think I’ll pass on Gary.” Instead of thinking “why won’t someone marry me,” my attitude is rather that I can think of a hundred reasons why somebody wouldn’t want to marry me, and am amazed that one woman found a reason to say yes.

My concern is that if you have a resentful attitude that any man or woman should be interested in you just because you want them to be, because they somehow owe it to you, you might also become a spouse with equally high expectations: “Now that he’s my husband (or she’s my wife), he should do x and y and z…”

Marriage is about learning to love, learning to give. It is served by a shared humility. Wanting to grow into a more mature, godly, and attractive (in all ways) partner is a gift we can give to our future or current spouses.

You can rail at all men or all women for not choosing to marry you; or you can focus on growing in all areas of who you are: your love, your service, your friendship.

In order to love certain spouses, you might have to grow in your ability to love them according to their specific needs, and the same is true with kids. Some kids will require you to develop patience, some to take an interest in science or dancing or watch soccer games. If we have a disabled child and say, “We know nothing about how to care for that child; that child will have to love us just as we are, even if we don’t learn how to properly care for him,” well, that would be a rather sad statement, wouldn’t it? If you have a disabled child, you have to learn how to care for that child, regardless of where you are at now.

I guess what I’m saying is this: If you’re not willing to grow, if you don’t think you need to grow, if your attitude is that someone owes it to you to marry them because you want to be married, you’re setting yourself up for a very frustrating life—especially after you get married. It’s also, I believe, an unbiblical life. When Jesus tells me that I should be continually seeking righteousness (Matthew 6:33) and Peter tells me to make every effort to add godly qualities to my faith (2 Peter 1:5-6), I’m not offended, I’m inspired, because I know I’m not perfect, and these are words of love to remind me that God wants to keep taking me to newer and higher places.

The desire to marry should motivate you to become a more complete person, and that’s a good thing.

Even if you never do get married, the pursuit will have served a good purpose—hopefully, you’ll be more mature, more loving, less selfish, more like Christ. But if the pursuit simply makes you bitter and resentful, well, that doesn’t help anyone, and it certainly won’t draw anyone healthy toward you.

Fortunately, I don’t believe the woman who challenged my talk was either bitter or resentful—she just heard something I didn’t intend to say, and that likely faults me as a communicator more than it does her as a listener. But I know this attitude is out there, and I want to call it out, even at the risk of making even more people frustrated with me. Instead of asking, “why won’t somebody marry me?” I suggest asking, “how can I make myself more marriageable?”

Divine.

I saw this fine brotha on parking team this morning at church. I literally almost stumbled walking into the door :lol: I have seen him before but today I almost didn't recognize him. He happens to also be in my bible study group. Please Lord, let him be the one! Let him be my Isaac :pray:

I'm joking and serious at the same time lol I don't even know his name, but a sista can hope! I guess this is what singleness does to you. You get excited over a good morning from a handsome man :lol:

Phoenix14

I saw this fine brotha on parking team this morning at church. I literally almost stumbled walking into the door :lol: I have seen him before but today I almost didn't recognize him. He happens to also be in my bible study group. Please Lord, let him be the one! Let him be my Isaac :pray:

I'm joking and serious at the same time lol I don't even know his name, but a sista can hope! I guess this is what singleness does to you. You get excited over a good morning from a handsome man :lol:

lol didn't it just make your day? Btw, you look stunning in your avi!

felic1

This is the singles area. I need to say something without starting a thread. I am single and not working a lot because I left better employment to take care of my Mom and Dad at home. I started doing some home care cases as a nurse. Just two cases to start out with. I have a lot of bills and need money. Sometimes when we need money we make the wrong decisions. I was told that there was a part time clinic assignment with hours available. I inquired about the opening and had a short interview. Mind you, I believe that I need money bad. The opening was for a nurse to work in an abortion clinic. I turned it down. If someone believes that they need an abortion, I have empathy. I do not want to participate. I am receiving unemployment. I cannot go on that type of assignment. If my water is cut off, oh well. If the lights could not stay on, shrug. God will make other provisions. And I am a single wanting a spouse to find me. Thank you for reading and listening!:look:

bellatiamarie

Hello Ladies!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

I wanted to share my devotional for today with you girls:

Wednesday, November 27th
"God... will not... leave you without support." Heb. 13:5 AMP

Living Single

Colleen Alden writes: "I'm single... The kind of companionship I ache for... I don't have. This feeling drives me to seek God... Why am I single when I long to love and be loved?... Though it's pointless to use our limited understanding to critique God's plans, it's helpful to catch glimpses of what He's creating in me: Courage: to go home every night to someone who believes in me might make facing the scary parts of life easier... Singleness forces me to lean on God... to face an uncertain future without fear. Psalm 27:1 NIV says, 'The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?' He's my protector, provider and Savior whether I've a husband or not. Faith: Paul says, 'Be satisfied with your present circumstances... God... will not... leave you without support.' Do I believe He knows best even when it hurts and I don't understand? When we've tasted loneliness past what we think we can bear... cry out to Jesus. He's 'close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit' (Ps 34:18 NIV). He knows what it is to long for something... He's longed for the affection of his loved ones for centuries. Authenticity: once in a while a man sparks my interest... Then a funny thing happens. The more interested I become, the more I become someone else... The old fears kick in. Am I pretty enough? Thin enough? Charming and talkative enough? God made me who I am, and years of being single have allowed me to learn who this woman is... I'd rather be single than be with someone who wants me to be someone else."

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

This is the singles area. I need to say something without starting a thread. I am single and not working a lot because I left better employment to take care of my Mom and Dad at home. I started doing some home care cases as a nurse. Just two cases to start out with. I have a lot of bills and need money. Sometimes when we need money we make the wrong decisions. I was told that there was a part time clinic assignment with hours available. I inquired about the opening and had a short interview. Mind you, I believe that I need money bad. The opening was for a nurse to work in an abortion clinic. I turned it down. If someone believes that they need an abortion, I have empathy. I do not want to participate. I am receiving unemployment. I cannot go on that type of assignment. If my water is cut off, oh well. If the lights could not stay on, shrug. God will make other provisions. And I am a single wanting a spouse to find me. Thank you for reading and listening!:look:

May God richly bless you for not participating in this industry of death. He has great plans for you and will reward your faithfulness :yep:

stephluv

bellatiamarie Thankyou I really needed to see that I've been really feeling down and just ver this Thanksgiving break Yes these last 2 days I've seen 4 Facebook engagements lol I was only on the site for 15min Ggggggeeeezzz but it's like wow what's wrong with me smh

felic1 What I great act of faith icomend you for your decisions I cant wait to hear your testimony for being obedient

Divine.

I totally forgot to post in here when I was going through it on Thursday. It was a rough day. Around this time last year I thought I met the man of my dreams. All I could think about on Thursday was how so much had changed in a year. You couldn't have convinced me that things would've taken a turn like this back then.

But despite all of that hurt, God gave me a reason to be thankful. I'm thankful that I can now see the situation for what it is. I wasn't appreciated and God has better for me. I'm thankful for finally making it pass this mountain. I'm thankful that God has shown me His faithfulness every step of the way.

I still have to keep pressing.

stephluv

Ladies we need a prayer line just so we can raise our voices and fellowship Even if it's monthly or right before the holidays as I'm sure we all feel a ill singles twinge around Christmas, new years and that "single awareness" day called valentines day

I was on a prayer line earlier today for a young mime dance troupe and to hear theses young ladies pray for each other was very encouraging

Kinkyhairlady

How does God play into helping us meet our mates? Do you think he orchestrates the chance meetings? I'm so confused on this. Sometimes I think God helps future mates cross paths or uses a mutual party to introduce them but other times I think does God have time to play Cupid? There is so much more going on in the world does he have time to hear the hearts of those wanting a mate to spend their lives with. Sometimes I reflect on my life trying to think did I ever meet someone who could have been a great husband? If so why didn't God help me instead of me screwing things up on my own. I'm just confused and hurt. I really don't get why I'm in my 30s and still not married.

Nice Lady

How does God play into helping us meet our mates? Do you think he orchestrates the chance meetings? I'm so confused on this. Sometimes I think God helps future mates cross paths or uses a mutual party to introduce them but other times I think does God have time to play Cupid? There is so much more going on in the world does he have time to hear the hearts of those wanting a mate to spend their lives with. Sometimes I reflect on my life trying to think did I ever meet someone who could have been a great husband? If so why didn't God help me instead of me screwing things up on my own. I'm just confused and hurt. I really don't get why I'm in my 30s and still not married.

Reading this tugged at my heart strings because I understand the unimaginable pain and confusion that you are feeling right now. There's no experience ever wasted if you learn the lesson. Everyone sent into our lives teaches us a lesson--good or bad. Keep believing God for a husband and stop dwelling on the past. The past will prevent you from seeing what's around you. Also, watch your speech and don't engage those lies that you will never meet someone. We can speak things into existence: "IAM...going to meet the mate that I am praying for." I AM confessions are filled with POWER. Speak it everyday. It will come to past.

I am watching and praying for you from now on...

Last edited:

Leigh

God has time. There is no way to explain how he puts two people together. He does it perfectly. Try doing something for a couple of weeks. Erase all doubt from your mind and believe. Ask God for exactly what you want and have faith and expectation that He will deliver. I've heard people say, I waited 15 years to marry but they are only 32. So that no example for some. People have been waiting 20 years with no mate in sight. With faith, all will have.

Last edited:

metro_qt

Luke 12:7
7"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows

If God knows every hair on your head, he knows all of your thoughts and wants.

From what I understand, people are constantly placed in your path that are potentially the one for you.

They are flawed, you are flawed, it's up to you both to make it work or not...(free will)

kinky curlygenie

Good thread OP. You know what for a while I was a lil frustrated seeing everyone partner off, engaged and planning to get married but then I looked a lil more closely at the relationship and decided that idefinitely shouldn't be jealous of anybody else's relationship because God has a plan for me and my ate will be made especially for me.

I actually really have been enjoying being single lately even though some peopl do think its a bit lonely this time of year. I'm in my element having the family around and just doing things spontaneously,which some of my girls can't do. A lot of my girlfriends partners do not like them going out so I'm a little glad I don't have to deal with drama each time I want to step outside my house. Ladies enjoy it while you can

Kinkyhairlady

Luke 12:7 7"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows If God knows every hair on your head, he knows all of your thoughts and wants. From what I understand, people are constantly placed in your path that are potentially the one for you. They are flawed, you are flawed, it's up to you both to make it work or not...(free will)

See I don't see it like I am flawed and they are flawed and it's up to me to make the decision. I feel if a man has so much flaws/baggage and it just brings stress and pain to you then it's not what God wanted. I've posted in the relationship forum about some crazy men I've dealt with and I wonder was I suppose to try to make this work. One was in a foreign country and ended up marrying someone else in the states because I never traveled to meet him. By the time I was ready he had moved on. The other has major personify issues where he was controlling and is only here on a visa. My ex was a big time player and the others were just not serious. I don't understand how any of these men could have been my husband. I ask myself would I be happy? Was this my fault? Love should not suffer or cause pain that is what I tell myself. The man God has for me if he has one will be everything I want in a man. He may be flawed but those flaws won't be major issues in our relationship. My biggest regret is the foreign guy cause he was Christian, intelligent, handsome and out families are very close. I screwed up royally by dating a bunch of losers here and he thought I was not serious and I was afraid to travel to his country. Every day I think about it and tears come to my eyes. I pray God to help me get over it or at least see that I did not lose anything cause mentally this is tormenting me.

Reminiscing

The Lord placed this prayer on my heart today...

Almighty God,

I come before you lifting the single women of this forum. Every time I think of single Christian women, the word "strength" pops into my spirit. Lord, as we move forward into the holiday season, a time that singleness can be a huge burden and a cause for feeling lonely, I want you to remind each and every one of us that through you anything is possible and through you we are strong enough to get through this season.

There are enough ungodly men in this world that each one of us could be married right now but it is by Your strength that we CHOOSE to hold out for a godly man, one hand selected by You. Shield us from the unfiltered, inconsiderate questions and comments of family and friends who use the holidays as a time to question us of our single status. Fill us with the peace the surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). Remind us that that scripture not only speaks to us but it speaks to those who question us as well. They do not have to understand why we CHOOSE not to marry just anyone. They do not have to understand the STRENGTH that you've give us to wait on You. Redirect their minds Lord. Quench their desire to search through our personal business for answers on our single lives. Send them instead on a search to find the PEACE that we stand on, the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Lord, as a single woman, I stand here confessing that this walk is not easy, but by your GRACE, I will continue to walk this walk until my single path crosses with the path of the husband I KNOW you have for me. Father for every single woman, I declare that every chain of depression, desperation, shame, and guilt is broken right in the name of JESUS. Remind us that we are not choosing to be single, but rather we are choosing to fill your godly purpose for us. Singleness is just merely a step towards fulfilling that purpose. I claim for each of us that the next step of Marriage and Family will be worth every second of our waiting.

Father, you placed on my heart that someone somewhere needs this prayer. Dry the tears of the one who is crying right now. Mend her broken heart Lord. Fill her with confidence and courage. She will get through this. She will see joy in the morning. Father, it took me a long time to reach this place of peace and I can't thank you enough for bringing me to this point. Every tear I shed along the way was worth the unwavering, unshakable faith that I now have as a result of my pain. If you can do it for me, you can do it for the one who is crying right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Father! Her healing has begun and in Your name it will be complete!

Amen!