APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

caribeandiva

Human being
well here's my end of the year lc. i dont think ill ever be even close to escaping apl :sad:

iLurk I feel like that too! I'm gonna take this challenge for yet another year! :wallbash:

Fotchygirl

Hi my ladies, I also didn't make APL due to many setbacks, the last one was just before my last relaxer where I didn't detangle my hair before washing it and my hair matted so badly. But I feel this was a year of lessons for me, the big one being STAY AWAY FROM THE SALONS. I will do better next year. But I do see some progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 74

PlainJane

I am probably an inch or two longer than I was at the beginning of this challenge. I trimmed a lot and used way too much heat. I joined the 2015 challenge and hope to be fully natural APL by the end of it.

iLurk

I'm going to head over to the apl/bsl 2015 thread just to keep track of everyone. i already signed up for 2 other challenges so i was trying to limit how many i post in.

As for my hair i think this is going to be the year of me not seeing it at all. i am so fed up now I just wanna keep it covered. Instead of wearing it down like i wanted this week i just put it into a bun. ordered another wig but since the holidays it probably wont even be here til the week after this week

charmtreese

Year end pics....

Attachments

• image-1289985534.jpg
    image-1289985534.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1912831349.jpg
    image-1912831349.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image-209951520.jpg
    image-209951520.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 68

NefertariBlu

Okay. So I thought my hair didn't grow well this year, but I've seen a MASSIVE difference with last year's progress. I'm soo happy with my progress. I straightened it last week and I've taken pics this week. My hair is starting to revert so it looks a little wavy in the pics.

I'm not great at length check pics but I think these are alright.

The pic on the left my hair was taken on 31 December 2013. I didn't take any back pics. And the right is today. Both pics were taken with hair that has started to revert.

So I guess I am APL at the back and sides. I have a way to go with the front. I'm joining 2015 APL / BSL challenge and I'm hoping to get to BSL by December.
This is honestly the longest my hair has ever been and I didn't think it would even get there.

My wig came today so will be wigging it all year.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1419949228265.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1419949228265.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

NefertariBlu

I was looking at this pic and was saying to myself " am I REALLY Apl? " it's taken a very long time to get to where I am. Ive had a lot of set backs.

Thanks for all the info on this thread and encouragement. I can't wait to see where my hair gets to next year.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay. So I thought my hair didn't grow well this year, but I've seen a MASSIVE difference with last year's progress. I'm soo happy with my progress. I straightened it last week and I've taken pics this week. My hair is starting to revert so it looks a little wavy in the pics.

I'm not great at length check pics but I think these are alright.

The pic on the left my hair was taken on 31 December 2013. I didn't take any back pics. And the right is today. Both pics were taken with hair that has started to revert.

So I guess I am APL at the back and sides. I have a way to go with the front. I'm joining 2015 APL / BSL challenge and I'm hoping to get to BSL by December.
This is honestly the longest my hair has ever been and I didn't think it would even get there.

My wig came today so will be wigging it all year.

Congrats! that is some amazing progress...how could you not think your hair grew? Lol

NefertariBlu

Loll, you know what, I only straighten once a year so a lot of the time I pull my hair to see where it is. Most of the time my son is helping me if I can't reach it. All this year I haven't been able to reach the back until today. Even my September pic I posted my son had to help me.

In my eyes it hasn't grown until I straightened.
It's the same when you loose weight. Others see it before you do lol.

I still don't believe it though lolol