so....who all suffers from hair anorexia?

do you or have you suffered from hair anorexia?

• yes I suffer from hair anorexia

Votes: 117 83.0%
  • no I dont suffer from hair from hair anorexia

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have had this issue in the past

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I have never had this issue

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BostonMaria

Sometimes I think some women
think they want longer hair when they want fuller hair.

If hair is thinner than desired it can make you feel as if you don't have enough.

But this is someone trying to get to APL.

I could wrap my hair around a car and pull it around the block. Its THICK and breaks combs LOL Trust me I've broken a few. Yet I still have hair anorexia. I'm a hot mess :ohwell:

SmileyNY

BostonMaria said:
I could wrap my hair around a car and pull it around the block. Its THICK and breaks combs LOL Trust me I've broken a few. Yet I still have hair anorexia. I'm a hot mess :ohwell:

:lol: What she said. My hair & ends are very thick... But I'm still not impressed lol. I've seen better :ohwell:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

godzooki

Someone said I do but I honestly feel my hair looks so short! I'll look in the mirror and it will look short but I'll take a pic and the pic looks longer to me but it's still short in my eyes when I look in the mirror. They just don't match up in my brain. I've had people ask me how long my hair was because I always wear it up and when I tell them and they want me to show them, I'm darn near embarrassed and don't want to because I feel they'll look at me like I'm crazy because it's NOT there even though it is. It's not at my goal yet (I want to be a solid 1 or 2 inches past bra strap so I can say I'm at bra strap and not feel I'm wrong) but I'd say it's "teasing" me. It's always drawn up because I'm 40 wks post relaxer so that does not help either.

nadiacurly

pff i really have hair anorexia. I am tailbone length and still i have the feeling that it is not long enough. It is not because of lacking fullness because my hair is full. I know it is al between my ears...sometimes i just want to slap myself!

newnyer

Hello my name is newnyer....and I am a hairanorexic. I'm proud of my length so far, I really am! Never been longer than CBL before & made my goal to be APL this year. As soon as I started to see the light at the end of the APL tunnel I wanted more! Ok, fine, BSB is the goal now. (okay maybe even BSL-but that'll be the end of it, right!?) I look at my APL status now & what I once thought as the ultimate length for me just seems...um, cool. I do have fine hair, too, so I know I would love to have thicker hair at ANY length.

Last edited:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I totally suffer from hairannorexia. Granted I'm at SL, so I still have a long way to go....but I'm pretty sure even when my hair looks like this:

I still won't be satisfied... My family thinks I'm ridiculous! :lachen:

Aviah

Me!
After a haircut to mid neck from almost BSB 18 months ago, that's when I realized what I took for granted (though I worked for it!).

Now that it's close to APL again I don't think it's long, just at the early stages of mid length kind of hair.
I'm so impatient over reaching length goals, get to it, then its "meh, x goal is next".:lachen:

issues:drunk::drunk:

ETA:
AND I blame the likes of LynnieB, Pokahontas, Longhairdontcare2011, Sera2544, and anyone past waist for my issues.
I'm suing for emotional distress :lachen:

Last edited:

StarScream35

My hair is naturally thin and when you have thin hair it doesn't look as long as say someone with thick hair so I'm definitely a hair anorexic.

LaVgirl

I suffer from this...
Don't get me wrong, I have MORE than enough hair :lol: as far as thickness, width, density, all that good stuff but I just feel like it is never long enough. I'm always tugging it down, talking about how short it is. Maybe when I reach HL or TBL, I'll finally be satisfied!

IMFOCSD

I suffer from this...
Don't get me wrong, I have MORE than enough hair :lol: as far as thickness, width, density, all that good stuff but I just feel like it is never long enough. I'm always tugging it down, talking about how short it is. Maybe when I reach HL or TBL, I'll finally be satisfied!

LaVgirl O wow..r u kiddn me lol j/k, ur hair is beautiful tho :)

Last edited:

Victoria44

Omg I didn't know there was a name for my condition LOL. I was just looking in the mirror the other day at my hair wondering when I'd be satisfied.

LovelyNaps26

i thought some on here were crazy to say they still wanted more length. to be honest, i kinda rolled my eyes at the tailbone length challenges...like really y'all want MORE hair :rolleyes:. i started at SL and was like "when i get to MBL y'all can't tell me a dang thang". i'm past MBL but you can still tell me something. :lachen: my current goal is now waist length...and that is not a firm ultimate goal either. :look:

Naturelie

I do and don't suffer from hair anorexia. My hair in its moderately stretched curly state grazes BSL. If I flatiron it, it's WL/WHIP-ish length. So, I don't suffer under the delusion that I have short hair. I know that my hair is long. However, I've wanted to have super long curly hair for so long that anything that's not at least MBL in its curly state feels too short, or at least not long enough, to me. I'm getting there, but I feel that shrinkage is not letting me see the length that I want to see quickly enough.

Want MBL curly hair too but shrinkage is hard!!!

leleepop

I cured myself from hair anorexia when I stopped being scissor happy for a year. Now all this hair is a lot of work AND I just had a daughter Dec of last year so yeah. overwhelmed I might start blunt cutting it once a year, but I love my hair.

marta9227

I posted in this thread in early 2012. Here it is, the end of 2014. I hit hip length, cut back to waist due to ends I wasn’t thrilled with, and now I'm back to whip. Yet through it all I cannot shake hair anorexia, and I still remember when apl seemed like an impossible goal. This hair journey is a trip!