Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

missyrayne19

Been doing ponytail rollersets the last few weeks and while I'm faster at setting my hair, drying time ain't no joke. I have to tack on an extra 15-30 minutes and that's the laaaaast thing I wanna do :nono: That and it takes longer to flat iron my roots out because I have to do smaller section as opposed to the pre-parted sections I already have with a traditional set. Pretty sure I'm gonna do it the old fashioned way next wash day. Tired of all the extra with these pony sets, even though my results are faaaaabulous :lick: Post pics when I'm done :yep:

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I love my hair! It's so thick and it's growing. I need to detangle, deep condition, and set it though.

Deep conditioned and braided. I gave up on detangling so I still have some tangles in my hair from my twists ugh. I kept the twists in far too long. It's time to start calendaring my regimen so that doesn't happen again.

PlainJane

Where can I purchase a very gentle/soft brush? I'm so tempted to just buy one of those baby brushes...
I just need it for smoothing.

Raine054

I really want to try the new KeraCare natural textures deep moisturizing masque. My hair loved the honey shea co wash but I still have 50 bottles of other stuff to use before I will allow myself to buy more. *Sigh*

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I need to do my hair. I can't keep walking around with a scarf on. I'm 7 months post and I don't feel like doing it. This ish is thick! Idk what to do. Wig, crochet braids or relax? blah...

Ms. Tiki

I got a piece of glass stuck in my foot and the world stopped. I haven't blogged or recorded and I still have rods in my hair from Weds.

fasika

I'm really liking the grapeseed oil. My hair feels soft, moisturized and looks shiny. Additionally, it seems like I have way fewer flyaways - the hair seems to just lay down better.

Sholapie

I can't wait to try out a new (for me) trimming method. I will put my hair into mini twists and snip off the tapered/ssk/split/rough feeling ends as I go. This time around i'm going for nice ends :yep:

SuchaLady

2015 will be salon quality products only. With a sprinkle of Aubrey and CON here and there. Mainly because I hoarded HSR before they changed the formula :look:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
My hair is doing soooooo much better since summer has ended!!!! I was at my wits end. My hair was so dry. Now it's back to normal and my wng's are holding up so much longer. I have no idea what it is about summer that makes my hair dry as a bone. I have no problems in winter.

s2fast4ya

s2fast4ya
My hair is doing soooooo much better since summer has ended!!!! I was at my wits end. My hair was so dry. Now it's back to normal and my wng's are holding up so much longer. I have no idea what it is about summer that makes my hair dry as a bone. I have no problems in winter.

Same here. DD's hair was progressing nicely last winter and spring, then summer hit and nothing worked. dry hair all summer, frizzy twists, ssks. nothing worked. I was so frustrated. fall is here and its back to behaving and acting normal. twist outs are back to lasting 4-5 days. no frizz and her hair moisture levels are back to wear they should be. Couldnt be happier. :grin:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
There really are people who do not understand people of color can have curly hair. I know some people get offended and whatnot when someone questions them but my neighbor who I loved dearly was so perplexed at my hair freshly done.

She really thought I braided my hair then took it out. If it was some random person, she would have never been that close but she literally was 2 inches from my head in awe.

She said then said, how come my hair doesn't look like yours and I'm half Puerto Rican. Honestly I wasn't offended at all because, she really doesn't know. I explained about what gel I used and not using the comb. I could see the wheels turning.

Lots of folks have this idea that natural hair is only fros or locs. Well, it certainly was interesting and kind of hilarious to see her face.

Victoria44

Getting my hair straightened and cut in exactly 2 weeks! Im half scared, half excited but it really needs to be done. Idk if it's the length that's weighing my hair down or the shape, but I can't get the volume that I used to and it doesn't shape my face nicely. I think I might just keep maintaining medium length hair if I end up liking this cut

Here's a braid out from this past summer compared to 2 springs ago

image-479541903.jpg

image-655559798.jpg

Lilmama1011

Getting my hair straightened and cut in exactly 2 weeks! Im half scared, half excited but it really needs to be done. Idk if it's the length that's weighing my hair down or the shape, but I can't get the volume that I used to and it doesn't shape my face nicely. I think I might just keep maintaining medium length hair if I end up liking this cut

Here's a braid out from this past summer compared to 2 springs ago

Girl please, your hair is gorgeous! You hair is waaay longer and the weight is pulling it down.

Victoria44

Girl please, your hair is gorgeous! You hair is waaay longer and the weight is pulling it down.

Thank you! I'm not feeling the weighed down look. I'm hoping the stylist can just give me layers and that will make it easier to get volume again when I style it.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Getting my hair straightened and cut in exactly 2 weeks! Im half scared, half excited but it really needs to be done. Idk if it's the length that's weighing my hair down or the shape, but I can't get the volume that I used to and it doesn't shape my face nicely. I think I might just keep maintaining medium length hair if I end up liking this cut Here's a braid out from this past summer compared to 2 springs ago

Beautiful!

It's probably the length. Usually longer hair weighs more so it's by giving you the look you like or were used to for a while. If you like the volume you may want to cut or you can do braid outs and roll the braid on a Flexi rod so that it adds more volume.

Victoria44

Beautiful! It's probably the length. Usually longer hair weighs more so it's by giving you the look you like or were used to for a while. If you like the volume you may want to cut or you can do braid outs and roll the braid on a Flexi rod so that it adds more volume.

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't consider Flexi rods. I will experiment with that within these next few weeks, and see if it makes a difference.

Lilmama1011

I have gotten a couple of goodies for my hair. I need to stop because I'm starting to be a pj again. I don't need anymore conditioners anymore this year. I will review them as I use them. I got a new shampoo which I think SO wanted more than me because I'm scared of shampoo but it does look interesting, a cleansing conditioner, two conditioners, and a leave in. One conditioner I used before but hopefully it still works. I also got a liquid multi vitamin from gnc and a couple of headbands. I will show what I got on tumblr either today or tomorrow and review them as I use them