Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

Pooks

Babylilac - I can't remember the brand name of my heat cap, it was only about £30 and is not one of the big mechanical ones, go to google images and put in gold n hot deep conditioning heat cap, I don't own that particular brand but that's basically what mine looks like.

You can order your Aubreys Conditioners here in the UK from Home Page - Aubrey Organics UK or Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements - Buy Discount Vitamins Online at Vitacost.com in the US has it cheaper, but you need to consider which company's shipping costs will work out best for you. You can find Aubreys in some shops like Baldwins too sometimes. HTH.

AfroKink

I'm a 4b natural. My ultimate goal, at least right now, is full APL. My hair is full SL with some layers at APL. I dont really have super long goals...

...I just came to mooch off information :D

Last edited:

Pooks

Yes my longest layer is about an inch past APL now, but it's more than length that counts honey, I'm in love with the variety of styles our texture yields - your twists look so juicy!

Fine 4s

I'm in, I'm in!

Wash (when I remember to), DC every wash, no poo usually but have used Damage Remedy from Aveda and love it and Kenra Clarifying poo before flat ironing which happens less than twice/year. Blow-outs to trim, protein treatments every other month or so with Aphogee, protective styles and moisturize with various products. (see Fotki for more details)

My goal is to reach UNQUESTIONABLE WL. It should be just 'hanging' at WL with no stretching.

Rei

yayy, i should take some pictures, even though my hair isn't in the best of conditions right now :/ Marking my place.

Ms Lala

I love your hair Ms Lala . What's your ultimate goal length if you plan on growing longer?

My goal now is to maintain healthy hair. I had a minor setback w/a matting incident so I"m babying my hair. I recorded a vid about this but I haven't posted it to youtube yet. So my main goal is to even my hair out some. The longest part of my hair is WL but I think the sides are closer to MBL.

bride91501

OMG guys, I am literally on the verge of tears seeing all you 4bs posting on this thread!!! When I 1st joined, I used to think we were in the minority cuz I didn't see many of us post, but now I see that's just because most of yall are lurkers!! lol Thanks SO MUCH for all your posts....

I'm especially thrilled to see some of my 4B hair idols contribute to this thread....that means so much to me and all the other 4bers on the forum, especially the newbies. We need your inspiration so thank you, thank you, thank you! @Ms Lala- I hoped my #1 hair idol would make an appearance and as usual you did not disappoint. Simply gorgeous :worship2:

Last edited:

bride91501

So, one of the things alot of 4bers, and 4s in general, deal with is moisture retention. ESPECIALLY during this time of year. And as we all know, we are more likely to retain our growth if we can retain moisture.

This is my first winter as a natural and I have to admit, I'm struggling to overcome the dry-hair demon lol. What are you guys doing that's working? Products, tweaks to regimens?

bride91501

I want to join!! I'm 4b. My strands are fine and my hair is very soft. Right now I go to the salon every two weeks. I tried for well over a year to find my own natural way. It just didn't work for me. I don't have 'the gift' and didn't really know what to do for my hair.

Now i know that my strands need protein on a regular basis. I LOVE Sebastian 2+1 for my hair. Works great, but Sebastian stopped making it. Sheesh! Joico KPak is a close second.

I'm using MN on my scalp a couple of times a week. I also mixed a vial of ceramides into my Chi Silk Infusion. I try to use this at least twice a week. I love hempseed oil, but I only use it right before wash day because it weighs my hair down. I'm also taking a multi and a hair vitamin.

yodie- I'm glad you've found what works for you. I think that stylists sometimes get villified on the forum, but if you've found a good one, do what you do! lol What do you get done bi-weekly?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
4B checking in
:afro:

Regimen

I keep my hair in 2 strand twists or box braids for 2-4 weeks at a time and wear wigs as my PS of choice.. I do my entire regimen while in my braids and detangle and protein treat my hair the day before my new set.

Sunday- Rinse
Monday - cowash
Tuesday- Rinse
Wednesday- Shampoo
Thursday- cowash
Friday- Rinse or DC (w/Steam)
Saturday- Depending on Friday will either steam or rinse

Sun- Sat-- REPEAT

Current length::
SL stretched
Goal::: MBL Stretched

September 2009

October 2010

Last edited:

Mook's hair

I am loving this thread. And absolutely in this army. I am 4b some 4a. My hair is very much like Lala's just shorter. I flat ironed for the first time in a very long time (this week) here is my length check. I am beyond APL approaching BSL. Ultimately I want to be MBL when stretched. I think that now that the humidity is gone from the air. I will Steam and Deep condition and flat iron every 2 weeks and I will maintain that for the entire winter. My hair can take some heat as long as I precede with deep conditioning. It always reverts just fine.

Successfulmiss

Morning hun *waves* forgot to tell you I use a plethora of supplements too.
-Swanson's Health fruit and veggie chorella powder
-Swanson's Active Woman vitamin(I prefer OLIGO by my company Melaleuca, so I will be switching back soon. Their patented formula sticks to the cell, not just into the bloodstream)
-Melaleuca Fiber with antioxidants
-Swanson's Detox pills
-Melaleuca Access bars
On a daily or every other day basis :)
Successfulmiss - your hair is so full and beautiful! My favorite pic is the 2nd one with the twists...I can't wait until I hit your length!

How long are you now? What's your reggie?

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
So, one of the things alot of 4bers, and 4s in general, deal with is moisture retention. ESPECIALLY during this time of year. And as we all know, we are more likely to retain our growth if we can retain moisture.

This is my first winter as a natural and I have to admit, I'm struggling to overcome the dry-hair demon lol. What are you guys doing that's working? Products, tweaks to regimens?

Earlier this year I was cowashing every couple of days. Now (mostly due to my schedule) I cowash less frequently (every couple of weeks) but moisturize every night and seal with a thicker oil before braiding/twisting for the night. My hair stays super soft and moisturized

yaya24

Morning ladies!
Here are my vits and topical GA

Vitamins:

Geritol Complete (1daily- multi vitamin /multi mineral supplement)
Vitamin C (500 mg daily), Horsetail (880 mg daily)
Folic acid (400 mcg daily), Garlic supplements
Chlorella 1-3 grams daily, CVS Hair, skin and nails (1/2 the recommended dosage: 1 pill daily)

Growth Aid Mix:
Megatek
Sulfur
Peppermint Oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Biotin

yaya24

Okay I just read through this entire thread.

I am soooooooo grateful for this!!!!

Soo many beautiful heads of hair. Looking forward to everyone's contributions and success stories!

Looks like I finally found a thread I will be consistent in

:lots:

Platinum

:curtain: Great thread! I want to join!:grin:

I'm a 4b natural.:afro: I cowash every 2-3 days with Suave Humectant, Suave Damage Care, and DC with Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment or ORS Replenishing Pak. I use GVP's version of Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave-in after every wash (my hair loves this stuff!). I moisturize with Sta Sof Fro moisturizer and seal with Haitian Black Castor Oil. I purchased Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil a few weeks ago as well. I baggy every night with this. I'm also trying to incorporate more Wheat Germ Oil into my regimen.

I have several growth aids but I haven't been consistent with them: I have Megatek, MN, Homemade Sulfur Oil and MTG.:ohwell: I'm thinking about mixing the MT, MN, and the Sulfur Oil together a try that for a while.

My goal is Hip Length. Right now, I'm NL with a few SL strands due to a Nape Setback a few months ago from wearing headbands.:cry3: My hair thrives from lots of protein so I'm stepping up on it.

I don't like taking pics but I'll post one.

Attachments

• 2010-08-08 22-23-52.197.jpg
    2010-08-08 22-23-52.197.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 268

MizzBrit

i lovw this thread! i would KILL to have lala's hair.

anyway im a 4b, about apl..some sections are a little past that. i honestly dont do anything with my hair.it likes to be left alone: i keep it under a wig, henna about 1x a month, moisturize/seal daily, co wash when needed and finger detangle when needed.

produce i use:
shea butter
coconut oil
oilive oil
castor oil
water/aloe juice mix
cone free conditioners for co washing
tressemmme moisture rich if i wanna dentagle in the shower
eco gel for occasional styling

Last edited:

Successfulmiss

YOUR TWISTS PUT MINE TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::lachen::lachen::lachen:
i lovw this thread! i would KILL to have lala's hair.

anyway im a 4b, about apl..some sections are a little past that. i honestly dont do anything with my hair.it likes to be left alone: i keep it under a wig, henna about 1x a month, moisturize/seal daily, co wash when needed and finger detangle when needed.

produce i use:
shea butter
coconut oil
oilive oil
castor oil
water/aloe juice mix
cone free conditioners for co washing
tressemmme moisture rich if i wanna dentagle in the shower
eco gel for occasional styling