Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

bebezazueta

Ladies be encouraged! Whether you have 1 inch or 15 inches to HL, we are all in this together!

1) Lets focus on retention
2) achieve max growth
3) be consistent
4) check in here often for support

Aireen

Re: Hip Length (HL) 2014 Challenge!

I need all the support I can get, I'm 3 months post but I'm torn between stretching or relaxing right now. :sad:

MsJamerican

Almost to a new year ladies

How far are you from HL?

What are your trimming plans?

I'll start. I'm 6 inches away from HL! I plan to trim with every relaxer & I relax 4 times a year. I should have really blunt ends at HL by December 2014. Excited!

How far are you from HL? Currently 5.5 inches but I may trim around 4 inches between now and December 2014

What are your trimming plans? I was thinking I should trim .5 inches every 3 months until all my hair is natural. That way, I will still reach HL while at the same time making my transition a little easier.

sharifeh

How far are you from HL?

about 15 inches

What are your trimming plans?

i'm going to start dusting on a regular schedule , what that schedule is I'm not sure yet :lachen: maybe I'll do the moon thing with ya'll, i just need it to be regular because i feel like see through ends are gonna be my biggest hindrance
in this journey

Eta: adding my starting pic

Attachments

• image-2005395828.jpg
    image-2005395828.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

This is my Ultimate goal! and i really need this thread for the motivation for the times when i want to chop it all off and start over (Like when the weather is 600 billion degrees here in Georgia :yep:) So here we go!

- Current length + hair type
Currently Grazing BSL with types 3A at the crown 3B in the middle and 3C in the back

Regimen
1. Weekly Wash with Totally Twisted Shampoo Herbal Essences
2. In Shower steam condition with Totally Twisted conditioner/ Sauve Tropical
coconut conditioner
3. DC with a mixture on conditioners that i dump in an empty evoo bottle with
added honey and evoo
4. Rinse and dry with cotton shirt
5. Massage scalp with MN/Cayenne oil/MTG mix for 5 minutes
6. Add Creme of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave in
7. Add a layer of Elasta QP Olive oil & Mango butter moisturizer
8. Seal Coconut oil
9. Braid into 5 sections and Air dry
10. Un-braid the next day and throw into a high ponytail.
11. undo ponytail every 2-3. Spray with warm water, MN scalp massage, add Olive oil & Mango butter moisturizer and Seal with coconut oil.

(But im kind of liking this french braid up do i tried today and its easy and comfortable so i might protective style like this for a while)

Plans to get to HL
so ill be practicing extreme protective protective styling (but not during spring break week lol) since im also in the Ultimate Hardcore no Heat Challenge

HL goal date
Honestly with the growth aids im using im hoping to reach by January 2014
I'm currently 9-10 inches away

- Plans once HL is achieved
Straighten my hair once and Maintain until my bangs reach HL then grow out until it cant handle it ... im really thinking about giving it away to locks of love or something.

Staring picture will be added Dec. 31st :drunk:

Here is my Starting pic

Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

Here is the Lunar chart for trimming! Isn't not completely done but i'm sure it'll be complete by June. :lol:

Red Dates are the Best dates for trimming/cutting

Lengthening

Jan 6-7

Feb 11-12

Mar 2-3

Apr 6-7-8

May 23-24

Jun 1-2

Thicken

Jan 14-15

Feb 7-8

Mar 28-29-30

Apr 11-12

May 8-9-10

Jun 19-20

Strengthen

Jan 19-20

Feb 2-3-4

Mar 6-7

Apr 25-26

May 4-5

Jun 10-11

Root Work

Jan 24-25

Feb 15-16-17

Mar 20-21

Apr 16-17

May 13-14-15

Jun 23-24-25

Beautifying

Jan 29-30

Feb 21-22

Mar 14-15

Apr 2-3

May 27-28

Jun 4-5-6

Lengthen: Cut or trim your hair on the days provided for lengthening to shock and excite your hair growth patterns, causing your hair to grow two to three times faster and therefore lengthening your hair.

Thicken: The dates provided for thickening promote the activation of new growth cycles in ones bulb and hair follicles.

Strengthen: Cutting or trimming one's hair on the dates provided for strengthening enables the roots, follicles, and bulbs to increase and strengthen one's growth patterns, thus producing stronger and more resilient hair to help avoid premature fall out!

Root Work: These dates work directly with the roots to shock the entire growth cycle, effectively aiding your hair and scalp in all aspects of hair growth and scalp improvement.

Beautifying: These dates are used to improve the texture and sheen of one's hair. Beautifying also works to enhance and refine the waviness of one's hair.

mayoo

- Current length + hair type
BSL- not sure but I think 3c/4a/4b

- Regimen
Co-wash and DC once a week
Detangle in shower
Apply leave-in
Style for the week
That's it

- Plans to get to HL
Be cosistant!

- HL goal date
June 31, 2014

- Plans once HL is achieved
Keep growing!

Hey ladies! I'm checking in with my current length today :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 98

Aireen

Ladies, I will be linking ManiiSweetheart's lunar calender post in the OP on the front page for anyone that wants to check it quickly since we don't know how long this thread may or may not get within the next 6 months.

Aireen

I'm liking the starting pics for this thread! Everyone's hair looks so healthy, I'm hopeful for 0 setbacks and near to if not 100% retention to reach our goals in 2013-2014! <3 :grin:

Aireen

Update: Stretching is actually becoming easy and enjoyable with my Organix Macadamia Condish + Roux PC combo. <333

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Checking in: Rocking my bob wig for a few months....

Glad I only joined two challenges so I don't have to check-in a hundred times about the same thing. LOL

LimitedEdition

Forgot to post my starting pic! The pic is actually a few weeks old. :perplexed

Im wearing a flexirod set for now. Wash and roller set planned for the weekend.

Looking at pre_medicalrulz hair I dont think Ill ever make HL :nono: Im envious!

Last edited:

jesusislove1526

- Current length + hair type: longest layer is grazing MBL, 3c natural. I have @10 inches to go before I reach HL.
- Regimen: cowash 2x per week [Suave Naturals, VO5 Moisture Milks]
DC 1x per week [cholesterol]
protective styles only, mainly mini braids
clarify 1x every 4-5 weeks [Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner, or Suave Clarifying Conditioner]
finger detangling
GHE 3x per week
LOC 2x per week
low manipulation

- Plans to get to HL: continue my regimen, except an increase of 3x per week cowashing during the summer months, lots of patience and prayer
- HL goal date:September 2014, but with trims, December 2014
- Plans once HL is achieved: maintenance, long twists, twistouts, and braidouts

Starting pictures are in my signature.

kurlllz

- Current length + hair type: MBL + normal porosity/normal elasticity/medium texture/

- Regimen: wash with non-sulfate shampoo every 7/10 days.....co-wash once/twice weekly

- Plans to get to HL: no more bleaching hair....pre-poo w/ coconut oil.....deep conditioning with shower cap weekly......keep ends moisturized and tucked away while sleep (and home).....sleep on satin pillowcase.....hmmm, I'll try to massage my scalp at least twice a week

- HL goal date: tailbone or longer by 12/31/14 the very last day

- Plans once HL is achieved: To continue treating my hair correctly.

Dry and Wet

Attachments

• IMG_20130104_003504.jpg
    IMG_20130104_003504.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20130104_003653.jpg
    IMG_20130104_003653.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Aireen

I decided to post my starting pictures in separately, just in case I change my signature pictures, so they are attached.
Your edges are so long, I admire that they're the same length as the rest of your hair.

Aireen

UPDATE: I've been super sketchy when it comes to taking vitamins. I think maybe I should go back to putting them in my pillbox because it tends to keep me on schedule. Like I said, NO deficiency will keep me from reaching WL and then HL aka no excuses for 2013-2014.

ManiiSweetheart

Currently hennaing .... took about 500 g
I'll keep it in over night and cowash it out in the morning.
And apply indigo... trying this out instead of chemical dyes.
Trying to keep my hair in a high bun until April 1st. For the most retention as possible.
I kind of want to be MBL by then so consistency and determination are key.

Aireen

Currently hennaing .... took about 500 g
I'll keep it in over night and cowash it out in the morning.
And apply indigo... trying this out instead of chemical dyes.
Trying to keep my hair in a high bun until April 1st. For the most retention as possible.
I kind of want to be MBL by then so consistency and determination are key.
ManiiSweetheart and anyone else that can answer, how are you able to combat the possible dryness that can occur with henna?

ManiiSweetheart

ManiiSweetheart and anyone else that can answer, how are you able to combat the possible dryness that can occur with henna?

I add moisturizing oils like olive oil and coconut oil to my mix and Always use a really heavy thick and rich deep condition afterwards. I also try cowashing... but I end shampooing sometimes. Oh and just use water.... no tea or lemon juice... which I find drying.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

@ManiiSweetheart and anyone else that can answer, how are you able to combat the possible dryness that can occur with henna?

Aireen

I add honey (natural humectant) to my henna right before I use it. I also do a major DC (w/steam) after any henna treatment. More moisture to pull and lock into the hair. :yep:

Angel of the North

Saturday was wash day (pre-poo, co-wash, DC, m & s). I'm bunning most of the time and my ends are not exposed. I want to look at my regimen, make a couple of tweaks here and there, like a mid week co-wash as my hair seems to benefit from them. I need to try and get back to that place where I can detangle and lose hardly any hair, but I need to be careful not to have any protein overload setbacks.

I am in the up your water intake challenge so I'm drinking more water, which I'm hoping to start seeing the benefits of for my hair and skin. I finally got round to purchasing some scissors and will begin doing a light dusting once a month, I'm hoping this will mean less hair being taken off when I go to get my trims. I'm somewhere between 9 - 10 inches from HL, that's a lot of growing to be done, I need to be retaining as much of my growth as possible.