Monistat (miconazole nitrate) for growth: UPDATES?

Undefeated Queen

I started using the neosporin mixed with cayenne pepper and a small amount of Motions hairdress last Monday. I washed my hair today and I got a nice amount of new growth.:) I decided to wear a bun this week and I'm going to add the mix to EVOO in a bottle with a spout. My scalp is tingling like crazy today! This is great.

Tene

I wasn't going to use this but since I'm looking at ya'll results I'm gonna have to
try it.

HoneyDew

Luvableboo said:
Are you ladies applying once or twice a day....

Once , but sometimes, I will do it again because I like the way it feels - all the tingles.

Last edited:

Phoenix

I've been applying once a day. I would probably do two if this stuff weren't so expensive. I'm going through a tube a week as it is. I have to figure out a cheaper way to do this...

Undefeated Queen

HoneyDew said:
Once , but sometimes, I will do it again because I like the way it feels - all the tingles.

The tingles are a good feeling...........I'm at work right now trying not to scratch my head. Mixing the cayenne pepper and the creams with EVOO is even better.

EishBuhgeish

Undefeated Queen said:
The tingles are a good feeling...........I'm at work right now trying not to scratch my head. Mixing the cayenne pepper and the creams with EVOO is even better.

Where do yall get this "cayenne pepper cream"??:confused:
Only place I've seen it is online, and if UPS/FEDEX delivers ONE more thing to my house....:nono:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
EishBuhgeish said:
Where do yall get this "cayenne pepper cream"??:confused:
Only place I've seen it is online, and if UPS/FEDEX delivers ONE more thing to my house....:nono:

Capzasin HP is the cayenne cream. It has .1% Capsaicin....which is cayenne pepper.

I got mine from Wal-Mart.

HTH

KiniKakes

I went by Rite Aid this past weekend to look for the Neosporin AF, but only saw regular Neosporin. :ohwell: It didnt contain any Miconazole Nitrate, so of course i didnt purchase it.

I almost purchased a box of monistat, but there is such a tiny amount of cream in there (like 1 oz), and it wasnt worth it to buy that box for like $13. So i'll just wait to find the Neosporin AF at another drug store.

I wonder if they carry any bulk size packs of Neosporin AF at Costco/BJ's..... that way i could save money and not run out so quickly.

In the meantime, i added some ground cayenne powder to my spray bottle of mtg.... it gave it a neat orange color. Unfortunately, no delicious tingles or anything like that. But i'll let you guys know if i see a difference in growth with the mtg/cayenne combo.

mblake8

I just ran out and brought some neosporin i cant wait to see if it works! i got the jock itch one though i hope it works as well as the AF one. it has 2% miconazole nitrate. I saw some Monostate with 4% in it. I wonder if that would work better??

Last edited:

HealthyHair35

Are you ladies experiencing length and thickness? Which is better for thinning hair, MTG or miconazole? I've gotten a little confused. I need help with thinning that I think is due to stress which caused excessive dandruff. Please offer any advice. The thinning is in the front and crown area. Thanks.

HoneyDew

mblake8 said:
I just ran out and brought some neosporin i cant wait to see if it works! i got the jock itch one though i hope it works as well as the AF one. it has 2% miconazole nitrate. I saw some Monostate with 4% in it. I wonder if that would work better??

The jock itch and athlete's foot one are both the same, really. Compare the ingredients - exactly the same.

Some people are starting to try Monistat, but we have not gotten as many reviews about it, though.

I don’t think the thickness and texture are ideal for me personally.

HealthyHair35 said:
Are you ladies experiencing length and thickness? Which is better for thinning hair, MTG or miconazole? I've gotten a little confused. I need help with thinning that I think is due to stress which caused excessive dandruff. Please offer any advice. The thinning is in the front and crown area. Thanks.

I think both are good for thinning hair. Do some research on thinning hair and Nizoral. Nizoral has ketoconazole which is similar to miconazole. And MTG, well you know how many people are in love with that. I personally cannot get down with the smell and oiliness of it, so that is why I started researching other products to help boost my growth. They both help with dandruff. I use Neosporin AF faithfully and my over all scalp condition has drastically improved!

Mestiza

Congrats on your growth, everyone! :clap:

sareca said:
I see what HoneyDew means about becoming obsessed! I've been measuring everyday. It has to stop! With that said, this is the last one until day 14. :sekret: It's a little over 3/8 inch so I switched to measuring in centimeters.

Today I noticed all the fuzzy around my hairline.

Oh and FYI, I won't be taking any more photos with that ruler. It's metal and it hurts like heck trying to hold it still, hold the braid, and take a picture. I'll still post pics, but ya'll gonna have take my word on the exact measurements. Stupid ruler...:swearing: I'm still p/o'd and that was like 10 minutes ago!
That's some great growth, sareca! :clap:

grnidmonster

I have been using mn for about 3 months now but had no way of determining the amount of growth because I have been natural for over 10 years.

I also began using henna and that is how I was finally able to tell that mn is the BOMB!!!I henna'd a month ago and it turns the couple grey hairs I have a bright orange-red. I pulled several of those hairs yesterday evening and the orange-red color has grown out an inch (I had my husband re-measure to verify). I went beack and double checked several more grey hairs. Yep! One inch in one month-I will take that all day every day!:D

I mixed 2 parts monistat (4% cream) with 1 part capzin cream and 1 part cortisone cream. I found the mixture to be a bit drying so I added a bit of mtg to add a little oil and it works like a charm. No mtg smell.

sweetgal

Any more updates with Mn. I have made a mixture and plan to start using tomorrow. I will keep you all posted...

sweetgal

I'm currently using mn. It's only been a few weeks!. I currently in cornrows and not sure what is going on under there. I will be taking them out in a couple of weeks and then i will let everyone know....Trust me, I'm anxious too

KiniKakes

I still use it somewhat regularly..... but it's hard to tell whether or not its contributing to growth, because Im also MTG'ing.... taking vitamins....... ingesting more protein (whey shake)........ increasing water, etc. So bascially, anything could be giving me this great growth. :lol:

I know that wasnt really helpful. Sawwwy!!!! :ohwell: ;)

D

donewit-it

I just started using the Neosporin AF yesterday. I'm excited to experience some growth and I have offset the dryness that others talk about by using Nature's Blessings. Full of good things. Nice smell too. Will post results in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: