August 2013...What Did YOU Buy This Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

CocoGlow

Bobeam Products @Etsy.com

Shampoo Bar Samples:
Cheris Hibiscus
Rootz Herbal Hair Grower
Cocoa Rhassoul
J'Rels Detox (Black Vanilla & Sandalwood)
ACV & Bentonite
Honey & Oats
Honey Shea
Goats Milk & Honey

All 1st time purchases ... great reviews on YouTube ... can't wait to try them :yep:

ronie

Silk dreams mocha hair milk x2

Kerastase oleo relax serum ( for my flat iron next month)
Darcy's deep conditioning moisture mask
Bask vanilla whiskey reparative hair soak
Hairveda vatika frosting ( I really went yo purchase the ACV rinse, but it's out of stock. I just had to buy something smh).

Anybody follows their bask with moisturizing DC. It is described as a protein treatment, but the instructions do not mention any follow up moisture treatment. I guess I would have to see how my hair feels upon rinsing.

lovelycurls

Bobeam Products @Etsy.com

Shampoo Bar Samples:
Cheris Hibiscus
Rootz Herbal Hair Grower
Cocoa Rhassoul
J'Rels Detox (Black Vanilla & Sandalwood)
ACV & Bentonite
Honey & Oats
Honey Shea
Goats Milk & Honey

All 1st time purchases ... great reviews on YouTube ... can't wait to try them :yep:

Love love the cocoa rhassoul soap, cleanses without stripping.

lovelycurls

Silk dreams:
Razberry coconut affair
Wheat germ conditioner
Aveyou:
Darcy's peach kernel hydrating milk
Darcy's sweet cocoa bean moisturizing hair whip

sexypebbly

A few days back, my JBCO fell on the floor and broke :( so sad. So I went on amazon and got the hatian black castor oil. Also got some curlformers and dabur vatika coconut oil

Lita

Love love the cocoa rhassoul soap, cleanses without stripping.

NappyRina Yes,the Rhassoul cleans very well,hibiscus has a nice soft lather,goats milk & honey allows you to finger detangle while washing,honey Shea is good too...The honey & oats,double as a face cleanser,talk about nice smooth healthy looking skin....

*My hair has never felt stripped with any of her products,just clean..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lita

A few days back, my JBCO fell on the floor and broke :( so sad. So I went on amazon and got the hatian black castor oil. Also got some curlformers and dabur vatika coconut oil

sexypebbly Hi! Sorry to hear about your JBCO,I know the feeling,don't know what part of NY your in,but a lot of BSS carry JBCO & other types of castor oil's..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

CocoGlow

Yes,the Rhassoul cleans very well,hibiscus has a nice soft lather,goats milk & honey allows you to finger detangle while washing,honey Shea is good too...

*My hair has never felt stripped with any of her products,just clean..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Awesome!!!

I was bit concerned at first b/c her shampoo bars are formulated differently than the regular cold-process ones that I've used before ... and the fact that they all contain "soybean protein" made me pause since my hair has low porosity and I'm sensitive to certain proteins ... but with all the glowing reviews and the new sample offering I just had to give them a try :grin:

So far her customer service is top notch: She responded to my inquiries promptly & professionally and then shipped my package out within hours of placing my order :yep:

Lita

NappyRina I have combo hair that can be protein sensitive at time,so it's good to keep a con rinse on hand when your trying poo bars or ACV..

*Please keep us posted with your results.

Happy Hair Growing!

TeeBee

*Camille Rose
-Caramel CoWash x3
-Soylicious Conditioner x1
-Fresh Curl x1
-Aloe Whipped Butter Gel x1

ms.blue

CVS:
Sebastian shapers plus (originally bought for my future weaves but used on my natural hair sparingly to prevent a frizzy mess due to rain)

Vitacost
Giovanni 50/50 shampoo
Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in
AOGPB 16oz

Beany

Another steamer. The last one broke and my hair has been crying (in the form of breakage, tangles, and dryness) for another. I give her what she needs.

Brownie518

ronie

I always follow the Bask Whiskey with a moisturizing DC. I don't take chances since my hair can be sensitive. My hair feels fantastic after rinsing the Whiskey, though. I've been tempted to not follow up with the DC but I'm scurred, LOL

Brownie518

Afroveda Back to School sale:

Methika Preshampoo oil
Kalahari Rose rescue oil
Baobab Burdock rescue oil

All the oils are 30% off and shipping is now flat rate so it was 6.95!!!!! A lot of conditioners are up to 50% off.

ronie

ronie

I always follow the Bask Whiskey with a moisturizing DC. I don't take chances since my hair can be sensitive. My hair feels fantastic after rinsing the Whiskey, though. I've been tempted to not follow up with the DC but I'm scurred, LOL

Thanks for the reply Brownie518. They do emphasize that it is a protein treatment, so you are right to be scurred, lol. I will use it the same way you do. Or i may prepoo with it, cowash and do a moisturizing DC.
I actually thought it was a prepoo from the name of it. I was surprised when they said to use on freshly washed hair. Will let you know how it goes.

Brownie518

ronie

I thought the same thing. I did a prepoo on dry and wet hair with it and didn't like the results. My hair was not as moisturized or detangled.I won't do that again. It definitely works best for me after washing.