Stylist Burned Off the Front of My Hair With Relaxer. Major Rant!!!

baddison

natural for good
I am so very sorry this happened to you. THank you for being brave enough to share your story. I am a D-I-Y'er for life. By the grace of God, no hands will EVER touch my hair again except my own :wallbash:

Evolving78

i feel you! i almost got "got!" thank the Lord there was other stylist that assisted the girl that was doing my hair because she would have left relaxer on my nape from not shampooing/rinsing properly.

janeemat

Going to stylists period is so risky. Do you have pictures? If you can feel it, you should be able to see it upon close inspection. We should also start requiring our stylists to have healthy real hair of their own.

Sorry OP. I certainly agree with this statment. I wanted a trim June 30th after putting my relazxer in. So I went to a local Regis salon looking for a familiar stylist, but she had left already. Another girl offered to trim me but then I looked at head and said hell to the naw....not happening today. I went home and did my own trim.

Miss*Tress

Hi everyone. So I did the light protein treatment last night. Actually I mixed my Aphogee 2 minute (1 part) with my M&T deep conditioner (2 parts) and I feel much better. It could all be in my head. But my edges feel much smoother, less rough and I am happy for now. I examined my hairline closely and it looks ok. Hopefully there is no damage done here.
I'm glad to hear that things are looking up.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I'm sorry this happened to you...good for you speaking up. When I was salon relaxed I didn't know enough about relaxers to say anything. They always went bone straight and my edges especially on one side always felt burned. Oddly enough, it wasn't until I started relaxing my own hair that I realized I have a cowlick in the front of my head. The hair on that side grows towards my face and I only noticed when it was straight. It always felt "peach-fuzzy" right after a touchup because I was pulling it opposite of the way it grows. It really wasn't burned. Maybe yours isn't either.

I too have this on the left side of my hairline. I just brush it the way that it WANTS to go and call it a day. I actually like it!

guyanesesista

pelohello said:
Here are pics of my scalp burn. To help with the scabs, at 1st I used vaseline but it wasn't really helping healing the scabs. So I switched to JBCO. That stuff was amazing!

Girl raw aloe topped with vitamin e oil works well for scalp burns. That aloe will heal anything with the quickness.

AHeadOfCoils

Girl raw aloe topped with vitamin e oil works well for scalp burns. That aloe will heal anything with the quickness.

I second, third and forth this!

My last and final relaxer was almost 2 years ago and I burnt soooo bad. Someone recommended aloe and it cleared and soothed those scabs super fast.