Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!

imstush

I can't even read all the threads on this cause IMLMMFAO!!! The lengths we go through to grow some damn hair.

kombov_dymond

I ain't knocking anybody's hustle. If Cali or whomever else breaks up in here with the bomb comparison shots..ain't no telling what Im'ma do. I'm gonna sit easy and wait on the pics....:sekret:

I know I ain't the only one either. :wink2:

diamoness

Jessy55 said:
TOTALLY AGREE!!! ;)

Isn't Monistat inserted into the vagina? From a scientific point of view, the vagina is a much more delicate environment than the scalp. Stuff we wouldn't dream of putting inside our vagina, we have no problem slapping on our scalp, caustic stuff like lye/nolye relaxers, MTG, chemical ladden hair and scalp potions, Surge etc. I would think if it is safe for the vagina, it is probably safe for the scalp.

People are taking tons of vitamins and MSM. When taken in mega doses, vitamins are like drugs. Do we really know what are the long term side effects of taking these products in mega doses? Answer is:NO!!! :look:

I agree with you ladies!!!

miracle

kammie said:
Those of you planning on doing this really should look up the side effects of this drug. There are possible drug interactions, allergic reactions, and other physical side effects such as itching, irritation, stomach problems. You're not supposed to get it near your ears, nose, or mouth, and you must wash your hands thoroughly after using it in the correct manner. All you have to do is google monistat 7 side effects.

I can't believe how many people are ready to jump on this bandwagon based on one person's post about the success of her friend without checking out the facts. This isn't a type of conditioner; it is a drug made for a specific purpose with specific directions on its use. At the very least, do your research before you try it.

For me, the extra 1/4-1/2 inch isn't worth it. I'll continue my journey doing it the old fashioned way--wash, condition, moisturize, protect ends.

Absolutely!!!! That's what I was trying to convey, also. Because this stuff is OTC and cheap, it doesn't necessarily come across as harmful, but there are still clear warnings on the box and on the insert. There's a set direction for using this cream for specific purposes. And any type of medicine, vitamin, herbal, etc., just isn't meant to be used all "willy nilly". So, for the ladies that are going to use it on their scalps, PLEASE do some research first. Research the adverse reactions/side effects and the grease/oil that you plan on mixing it with to make sure that the ingredients are compatible. If you're seeing a dermatologist, let him/her know what you plan on doing and get their opinion first. It's better to consult them at the start than to use it and end up with a problem and have to consult them to correct it. Or ask the pharmacist. That's what they're there for. Better to be safe than sorry, ladies!!!! :yep: :yep:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Okay, I have not read this thread,only the title, but one thing I want to say is I hope you ladies don't fall for this one. You have got to be kidding me.:nono:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

imstush said:
I can't even read all the threads on this cause IMLMMFAO!!! The lengths we go through to grow some damn hair.

I know right??? Just a while ago it was antifungal stuff for horses, now it is antifungal stuff for your coochie. :whyme:

Spidergul

Cherokee said:
This is not to mock anyone.....but are we as women, Black women, willing to try anything for hair?

I must admit-before I joined this board I never had as many hair products as I do now. I have kicked the pj's-too much money being spent on useless items.
I am going back to what I know and to tell you the truth my hair was thicker then than it is now. So I say to all whatever floats you boat or grows your hair,
Good luck. :look:

miracle

Cherokee said:
This is not to mock anyone.....but are we as women, Black women, willing to try anything for hair?

I'm not trying to mock anyone either, but I've been seriously pondering that same question ever since this thread came up. I've even been talking about it with my friends & family (and a few MD's), because I just can't wrap my mind around this one. :confused: :confused: But, I think the reality is yes, there are people (not necessarily just Black women or women period), that will be willing to try anything to grow hair. And, to me, it's scary. I don't know, but to be totally honest, I think there are way to many vanity issues among us women as a whole. So then I have to ask myself if it's even an individual issue to acheive a certain length of hair, or a societal issue for placing so much stock in those that do?
I also feel that we (general; and including myself, a former PJ) are trying too hard to rush or "speed up" nature. Our bodies are very intriquite vessels that are both strong and delicate at the same time. And some of the things that we are putting into, on and around them in the effort to "hurry up" a certain process, may prove to be a henderance. Everything in nature is going to happen in it's own time. The problem is that some of us aren't patient enough. Everything has to be quick and fast. We must see immediate results with something or we aren't satisfied and then move on to the next "miracle" product. We can't trick nature. (Not for long, anyway.) But, we can definitely aide it by taking the best possible care of ourselves, inside and out. IMO, that in and of itself is the "miracle". There isn't a thing wrong with wanting to look good and feel good about ourselves and enhancing the hair/skin that we already have, but patience is a big part of that.

Just my two pennies.
:look:

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

Heh Miracle: Some good points you made..I would add to that and say that it is also a "time " issue for manysince the majority of us on this board were held captive to a variety of "myths" about our hair quality, care and potential. Those of us who have little daughters, will have daughters with waistlength hair because these little girls will have up to eighteen years to reap the benefit of reasonable methods of growing long hair. Many of these little girls' mothers and grandmothers do not have eighteen years to get to waistlength and still be young enough to enjoy it and feel that they have achieved the pinnacle of their own long hair dream. So patience as the byword just adds to the frustration of many. If you are 20 then 5 years is nothing. But if you are over 35>40>50> the crunch is on because you are not in the time frame of maximum thickness, length and texture potential because hormones start to mess with that. Genetics really do start to kick butt. I know my mom and aunties all have thinning hair issues. Seems to run in the family for all the women. So for some, it is now or never, right or wrong, rational or not. ITA that people should look before they leap though and research and access all of the correct info they can before they live to have regrets. Bonjour

ChocoKitty

Just wanted to say thanks for posting California. :yep:
Essentially, what I'm understanding is that this stuff blocks DHT? The stuff that causes hairloss in males and females.:)

Due the things posted in this thread--I have a few things to ponder about....:ohwell:

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
That is yet to be determined, Chocokitty. The information I found relates specifically to ketoconazole blocking DHT. Since I have very BALD women in my family, I am always on the lookout for products that might help my mother, my grandmother and I. For them though it's too late. They are both bald with shiny scalps, completely dead follicles. It's not a laughing matter to me, as I am sure that is not to many on this board. My mother was getting cortisone injections for a while, it helped but she just stopped. Her self-esteem is REALLY effected by this. She wears wigs, she's a beautiful woman, but my Mom is so self-conscious. The only reason I contributed to this thread was to address the POSSIBILITY that drugs in the same family MIGHT behave in the same manner. They might not. I say, with anything, talk to your physician/dermatologist if you have scalp issues. I wasn't advocating it, but I will say that I am a researcher at heart. I check for myself and draw my own conclusions. I suggest you do the same for your own peace of mind and health.

I guess that everyone is here for essentially the same reasons...to grow long hair? That was my primary reason for joining 2 years ago. But in two years I have become more aware of my thinning hair and realize that my primary focus is keeping my hair. Everyone is not here to grow hair fast. Everyone is not here to have hair growing down their back. There are women like me in the background who are not jumping on bandwagons but hungry for information. The consensus seems to be that I am a fool for trying some things. I very well may be, but there is a diplomatic way to say everything. I say find out for yourself, speak to your physicians and do you, you know?

ChocoKitty said:
Just wanted to say thanks for posting California. :yep:
Essentially, what I'm understanding is that this stuff blocks DHT? The stuff that causes hairloss in males and females.:)

Due the things posted in this thread--I have a few things to ponder about....:ohwell:

ChocoKitty

SpicedTee said:
I guess that everyone is here for essentially the same reasons...to grow long hair? That was my primary reason for joining 2 years ago. But in two years I have become more aware of my thinning hair and realize that my primary focus is keeping my hair. Everyone is not here to grow hair fast. Everyone is not here to have hair growing down their back. There are women like me in the background who are not jumping on bandwagons but hungry for information. The consensus seems to be that I am a fool for trying some things. I very well may be, but there is a diplomatic way to say everything. I say find out for yourself, speak to your physicians and do you, you know?

Thank you for your response SpicedTee. I totally understand and agree with you.:) I currently use MTG and am very happy with my results.
Just like you--I'm here gathering information for knowledge's sake... That's what I thought this board was all about... A community that shared, gathered and discussed information. I understand EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion...but I sometimes feel a line should be drawn with some of the "commentary". If you don't like an idea or don't want to use something leave it at that... :cool:

*hops off of soapbox*

Best wishes to those of you who plan to use this method.:D

foxybrownsugar

ChocoKitty said:
Thank you for your response SpicedTee. I totally understand and agree with you.:) I currently use MTG and am very happy with my results.
Just like you--I'm here gathering information for knowledge's sake... That's what I thought this board was all about... A community that shared, gathered and discussed information. I understand EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion...but I sometimes feel a line should be drawn with some of the "commentary". If you don't like an idea or don't want to use something leave it at that... :cool:

*hops off of soapbox*

Best wishes to those of you who plan to use this method.:D
ITA, IF IM NOT INTERESTED IN A PRODUCT I WOULD JUST SAY SO AND MOVE ON OR NOT EVEN RESPOND. WHY ARGUE ABOUT A PRODUCT IM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYWAY? IM SURE AFTER AWHILE THE PERSON(S) WOULD SHOW PICTURES OR TELL THEIR RESULTS. IM KIND OF SCURRRED TO EVER GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON THIS BOARD. :(

Millahdoowop

foxybrownsugar said:
ITA, IF IM NOT INTERESTED IN A PRODUCT I WOULD JUST SAY SO AND MOVE ON OR NOT EVEN RESPOND. WHY ARGUE ABOUT A PRODUCT IM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYWAY? IM SURE AFTER AWHILE THE PERSON(S) WOULD SHOW PICTURES OR TELL THEIR RESULTS. IM KIND OF SCURRRED TO EVER GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON THIS BOARD. :(

Yeah I feel you on that one. I pretty much keep my mouth shut unless I have a question. :ohwell:

Sweet C

Ok, this is the type of post that needs a serious disclaimer. Y'all got a sister over here choking on her milkshake!!! Anyways, I just have a question for Cali. Did these women have relaxers or were they natural?

sprungonhairboards

:lol: :lol: :lachen: This is toooo funny whether it works or not. :lol:

People are skeptical then an anonymous person in cyberspace tells them they're a Dr. and now they ain't anymore? :lachen: Pure comedy.

And Catsuga, why in the hell people care about growing hair in jail?

Man I bought into MTG (which works by the way :lol: ) but dang, I'm off to get a crayon to draw my line at this one :lachen:

Last edited:

lovechic

foxybrownsugar said:
WHY ARGUE ABOUT A PRODUCT IM NOT INTERESTED IN ANYWAY? IM SURE AFTER AWHILE THE PERSON(S) WOULD SHOW PICTURES OR TELL THEIR RESULTS. IM KIND OF SCURRRED TO EVER GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON THIS BOARD. :(
I Agree with ya, Girl!

greenidlady1

This post has to have some kind of record for the most replies in a day!
First off, Good luck and Happy hair growing to all that are trying this.

Personally, I'm not going to try this because I'm trying to reduce SLS, parabens, etc. to be as natural as possible. I don't use too many OTC drugs or preparations to begin with so I'm passing on this one (not using MTG either). I figure there's enough stuff in products specifically for our hair that we're learning is harmful that I'm not taking a chance.

But hey, apple cider vinegar cures the same thing Monistat does, so maybe I'm getting some residual Monistat magic with my ACV rinse!!

Last edited:

diamoness

I dont see what the big deal is. Its not THAT serious. This is a board where we are supposed to be able to share the information or methods we aquire (whether it be from strangers, cousins, medical doctors, the girls next door, or a beautician) about hair. Some may want to try them. Some may not. So what?

P

patient1

@mahalie and spiced tee:

thank you for sharing your views. i've always looked at this issue (the miracle product quest) from my OWN perspective not thinking that there was a wider spectrum. hair growth has never been as much of an issue so i shave my head and regrow at will.

i appreciate you giving me a different perspective where patience may NOT be a virtue at all. if i had similar concerns i'd be willing to try most anything as well.

P1

P

patient1

One more thing to all,

I've always enjoyed this board because this was a place where we collected as women with a hair focus regardless of texture, natural or relaxed, etc. I have another beloved website where i, as a woman with natural hair, go to convene with others. but i tire of the politics of hair and the exclusion of other women who are, hair aside, my sistren.

I found this site a bit less judgemental and there was a place for all. So despite the fact that this is my second home, it felt very cozy and comforting.

I truly hope that you all can continue in the spirit that makes for such a varied spectrum. This is who we REALLY are: women of color with varying lengths, textures, hair color making very DIFFERENT choices about what we do with whats on top of our heads. What could be more beautiful? I wouldn't deny someone a perm, texturizer, or a tube of monistat even though those things are not for me. And I also wouldn't belittle my sistren.

P1

Koffie

diamoness said:
I dont see what the big deal is. Its not THAT serious. This is a board where we are supposed to be able to share the information or methods we aquire (whether it be from strangers, cousins, medical doctors, the girls next door, or a beautician) about hair. Some may want to try them. Some may not. So what?

ITA

I don't think it is anything wrong w/ sharing the info, but some of the ladies on this thread and threads that I have been on about Lenzi's request, just want to look out for other board members. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure we wouldn't want each other coming back talking about how something made half the forum members go bald.

Trust me, I was "the one in the hot seat" when folks was having debates with about the legitamacy of the Lenzi's request. Some folks apologized, I forgave them, and then shook it off. Like you said "it's not THAT serious" right?

I wasn't knocking it (Monistat), but like I said before, I like to joke when the situation presents itself, but I see I can't get to common on here anymore.:ohwell:

Almondjoy

For the person who stated that they would not come to me this is fine. Don't come to me. This still does not negate the fact that I've had years of training and experience.

You can not think of monistat as just vaginal cream. It is used for a variety of skin conditions and often for extensive periods of time. I am quite certain that there are no double-blind placebo controlled long-term studies on its use but I also know that there are no studies on the long-term affects of relaxers.

Cinnabuns

patient1 said:
One more thing to all,

I've always enjoyed this board because this was a place where we collected as women with a hair focus regardless of texture, natural or relaxed, etc. I have another beloved website where i, as a woman with natural hair, go to convene with others. but i tire of the politics of hair and the exclusion of other women who are, hair aside, my sistren.

I found this site a bit less judgemental and there was a place for all. So despite the fact that this is my second home, it felt very cozy and comforting.

I truly hope that you all can continue in the spirit that makes for such a varied spectrum. This is who we REALLY are: women of color with varying lengths, textures, hair color making very DIFFERENT choices about what we do with whats on top of our heads. What could be more beautiful? I wouldn't deny someone a perm, texturizer, or a tube of monistat even though those things are not for me. And I also wouldn't belittle my sistren.

P1

Very well put Patient1, I love your post. :)

lovechic

Koffie said:
I am sorry if I offended you on your thread.

I wasn't knocking it at all; I am just a joke-ster by nature.

I joke with my closests freinds like that too.:yep:
But judging by some of you further posts, I feel as though I have offended you.
That was definitely not my intent.:nono:

I guess I shouldn't have gotten too common with things on this board.

Once again, I'm sorry. :rosebud:
:wave: We Know you were just being silly, girl! It's allgood!:grin: