Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!

miracle

Cherokee said:
....and then you could use a douche for a final rinse. :lachen:

Hey, folks are already successfully using ACV & Water rinses for clarifying, so you may not be too far off the mark with that douche rinse, Cherokee!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, if I ever, eva, eva, EVA see anyone using a plastic tampon applicator as a roller, I'm going down swinging!!!!!!
;) :lol:

Last edited:

angelbaby

It's definitely a joke. And for the Physicians on the board, you of all people should know better than to give the thumbs up to people to go ahead and use a medication for anything other than its intended use, especially without scientific studies regarding long term effects.

Last edited:

Koffie

I know I said I was done, but I got another one :look:

How about we "prep" the scalp before we put the Monistat on by parting the hair in four sections and cleaning the scalp with Playtex Gentle feminine wipes?

HoneyDew

I think if a person is having a skin or hair loss problem, this wuld be a good idea if done with a doctor's consent. But, for the average woman with healthy growing hair, it seems crazy to do it just for the thrill of it.

I think sometimes we all jump on the acme hair growing ideas in order to speed up nature, but that is not always a good idea. I am guilty of it myself. But, I realize, at least for me, that trying to speed up nature is way too much trouble - taking a BUNCH of vitamins, using smelly concoctions blah, blah, blah.

It feels (and smells) so good to just lt my body do its thing and my hair is still growing.

Now

Avin'sMom2010

miracle said:
Hey, folks are already successfully using ACV & Water rinses for clarifying, so you may not be too far off the mark with that douche rinse, Cherokee!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, if I ever, eva, eva, EVA see anyone using a plastic tampon applicator as a roller, I'm going down swinging!!!!!!

Girl, YOU MADE ME CHOKE ON MY PINAPPLE!! lol :), oh btw, I will be trying this, not the tampon thing,LOL, but the monistat, I bought the generic brand for 5 bucks at Family Dollar. :)

HoneyDew

angelbaby said:
It's definitely a joke. And for the Physicians on the board, you of all people should know better than to give the thumbs up to people to go ahead and use a medication for anything other than it's intended use, especially without scientific studies regarding long term effects.

I have respect for the medical professionals. You can Google the active ingredients tioconazole and Miconazole Nitrate in these products and see that they are used for skin conditions in general. The Monistat name is just commercialized. Medical professionals prescribe based on the active ingredient of a product and how it will help with a person’s condition. Monistat is an anti-fungal medication. The active ingredient is known to help with all kinds of skin conditions.

It reminds me of how people use products for dandruff for hair growth even when they don’t have that problem, i.e. Glovers, Sulfur 8, etc. Is that bad, too? I don't think so.

I personally would not use Monistat or any cream of that consistency in my hair, but I don't think it is a bad idea. If I had a fungal problem on my scalp, I would use it in a minute to solve the problem.

I have heard of many, many people having bald spots and other hair loss because of scalp and skin conditions. After being prescribed appropriate meds the hair regrew.

Again, I don't agree with doing it if your scalp and skin are healthy.

Jewell

:nono: First MTG for hair growth...now Monistat 7...what are people going to be using next? Zinc oxide to regrow edges? :whyme:

Lucia

miracle said:

:lachen:
I have drawn the line in the sand, I may be a Pj but this is it for me I am cured of PJism for good, I can't do it i cant put ch*cha cream on my head, mmm mmmm not me.

*Happily Me*

Koffie said:
I already suggested the Summer's Eve feminine wash for co-washes. :look:

Or maybe we should use FDS as holding spray to hold styles and lock in moisture for up-do's when we go to special events.:lachen:

Okay, I promise this is my last jokie-joke on this thread.:sekret:

That cracked me up! :lachen: I needed that

ClassicChic

Lucia said:
:lachen:
I have drawn the line in the sand, I may be a Pj but this is it for me I am cured of PJism for good, I can't do it i cant put ch*cha cream on my head, mmm mmmm not me.

Monistat........'It's not just for ch*chas anymore'.:lachen: :lachen:

carletta

Almondjoy said:
I'm actually a physician and I prescribe miconazole cream (same cream that is Monistat 7) to people all the time for tenia pedis (foot fungus) and tinea corporis (fungus anywhere on the skin). There would be no ill affects of putting monistat 7 in other areas of the skin like your scalp. And mixing it wtih grease would not cause some kind of "chemical reaction." You would just be putting the cream in a different medium and actually making the miconazole less concentrated. I don't see any medical harm in
trying it. I don't think I will.

THAT'A ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR !

Miosy

California said:
My friend used Monistat 7 mixed with grease and it made her hair grow like crazy!! I got myself some I mixed up and I can't wait for the results :D . I didn't see her for about a year, and now her hair is to her waist!! When I saw her last it was just past her shoulders. I had to feel her scalp and look for tracks/extensions, cause you know how people be lying :lol: . She said her Aunt from Colorado told her about it, and she grew her little girls hair out with it. Do anyone else know about this secret??

Claifornia, how can you be sure she told you the truth and not bluffing? Maybe she does not want to give out her hair secrets.....just a thought cause monistat reminds me too much of YEAST and me and yeast don't get along :grin:

pretty-girl#1

QUESTION???? LIKE, WHO WAS THE GENIUS WHO DECIDED TO PUT THEIR YEAST INFECTION MEDICATION IN THEIR HAIR? LIKE WHAT WAS SHE THINKING :lachen: ? ?I'm not knocking it, but DAMN, What da hell will my boyfriend think if he knew where all this new growth was coming from? O.K. LADIES, SO WHAT'S NEXT PREPARATION H TO SEAL THE ENDS :lachen: ? I do want me some long hair, but I refuse to put "Noonie" medication on my hair! That just isn't right! I'd rather leave it there for someone who really needed it! :lol:

Blossssom

Koffie said:

Or maybe we should use FDS as holding spray to hold styles and lock in moisture for up-do's when we go to special events.:lachen:

Hey, we can use the FDS as a "hairspray". Heehee!

I'm drawing the line at the MTG.

I'm starting to believe nothing works to grow hair outside of a healthy diet, knowing how to comb one's hair (ends to roots please) and those good ol' genetics.

My hair is doing just fine and if an inch a month is the "norm", so be it!

Anybody want to buy some MTG? Heehee! :lol:

TwistNMx

Koffie said:

:lol: :lachen: :lol: :lachen: That's too funny!

Last edited:

metalkitty

Cherokee said:
....and then you could use a douche for a final rinse. :lachen:

:lol: wow, this's interesting... I hope you girls that try it out have good luck, but I can't picture myself doing this anytime soon.

foxybrownsugar

pretty-girl#1 said:
QUESTION???? LIKE, WHO WAS THE GENIUS WHO DECIDED TO PUT THEIR YEAST INFECTION MEDICATION IN THEIR HAIR? LIKE WHAT WAS SHE THINKING :lachen: ? ?I'm not knocking it, but DAMN, What da hell will my boyfriend think if he knew where all this new growth was coming from? O.K. LADIES, SO WHAT'S NEXT PREPARATION H TO SEAL THE ENDS :lachen: ? I do want me some long hair, but I refuse to put "Noonie" medication on my hair! That just isn't right! I'd rather leave it there for someone who really needed it! :lol:
PROBABLY SOMEONE WITH DANDRUFF OR ITCHING SCALP THAT KNEW FUNGI CAN BE FOUND ANYWHERE ON THE BODY. I RECALL THIS PAST OPRAH SEASON, A WOMAN WHO USED PREP H FOR HER PUFFY EYES IF IM NOT MISTAKEN. I GUESS PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING TO FIND RELIEF FROM PAIN OR NAGGING PAIN. :look: I WOULD SCRATCH MY DANDRUFF UNTIL I HAD SORES IN MY HEAD BUT MINE WAS MORE OF AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO RELAXERS AND SOME PERFUMEY PRODUCTS.

beyondcute

Please dont use this stuff. The active ingredient is the same ingredient used for male pattern baldness. It will help grow the hair by hindereing hormones. Even monistat is limited to the days you are supposed to use it. It is a very strong medicine not to be misused. Im not trying to be mean but I in all seriousness you will be playing with your health if you use this stuff.....

beyondcute

And if it grows hair that well then why dosent everyone with a yeast infection have a "growth spurt?" I agree with the other lady on here that said the "doctors" on here are actually giving the thumbs up on trying a product not meant for a certain use. ESPECIALLY when that product has strict guidlines on its use. There are no scientific studies saying this is a good idea. No offense intended but, if you guys really are doctors Id think twice about going to you.... I understand using it for other FUNGAL infections but as a hait stimulant??? Where's a dermatologist when you need one?

California

I made my thread, said what I had to say about this product. My posts are erased when I tell those who are hair challenged to use it who wanna say what they wanna say. Soon as I say something and others laugh about it there erased. Its cool though, I see we have a board Nazi who goes through posts and do as they please and erase at will, when its not necessary :mad: Like I said its cool though, this won't be the only board on the net that have a lot of members, and you won't have to pay to use it!! Please!! This board is bogus!! Gimme my $5 back so I can put it on some more Monistat 7. I don't appreciate it.