ORS Olive Oil Lotion (the mineral oil-free one) as a leave-in?

MissFallon

Has anyone ever used this as a leave-in of some sort? I am thinking about washing and airdrying in a ponytail braided and wanted to put this on as the only product. Has anyone tried this? How effective was it? Did it do your hair justice like a regular leave-in and keep it moisturized and soft? I threw out my regular leave in and need an alternative. What yall think?

JazzyDez

I tried this. It left my hair moisturized but it turned out a little too greasy for my taste. Maybe I applied to much. I know there are some on here who apply it to wet hair and like it. I prefer NTM Silk Touch.

MissFallon

JazzyDez said:
I tried this. It left my hair moisturized but it turned out a little too greasy for my taste. Maybe I applied to much. I know there are some on here who apply it to wet hair and like it. I prefer NTM Silk Touch.

I absolutely hate NTM Silk Touch. I have tried to use it every way possible any never have good results. But Im glad u like it and everyone else too. I actually like that extra greasy feeling. I think it is because my ends are covered all day and night and that extra greasy feeling turns into softness and stays that way until my next wash. But that is just my personal preference.

MissFallon

I just finished reading another thread on this and evidently it does have petroleum in it (the new version of it). I decided against using it as my leave-in. I just used S-Curl and am drying it in a ponytail braided down. I sealed it with a bit of castor oil (refined....have to go buy more unrefined). Ill tell yall how it turned out tomorrow when it dries.

JazzyDez

MissFallon said:
I just finished reading another thread on this and evidently it does have petroleum in it (the new version of it). I decided against using it as my leave-in. I just used S-Curl and am drying it in a ponytail braided down. I sealed it with a bit of castor oil (refined....have to go buy more unrefined). Ill tell yall how it turned out tomorrow when it dries.

I am sorry NTM didnt work for you. I still use the ORS olive oil. I try not to use too much though and concentrate on my ends.

Good luck with the S-Curl. Thanks to the ladies on this board its a new staple for me. The only thing I dont like is that it can have a slight sticky feeling if you use too much. But nothing makes my hair as soft as s-curl does. I haven't tried it on wet hair though. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you. BTW your hair is very pretty!

MissFallon

JazzyDez said:
I am sorry NTM didnt work for you. I still use the ORS olive oil. I try not to use too much though and concentrate on my ends.

Good luck with the S-Curl. Thanks to the ladies on this board its a new staple for me. The only thing I dont like is that it can have a slight sticky feeling if you use too much. But nothing makes my hair as soft as s-curl does. I haven't tried it on wet hair though. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you. BTW your hair is very pretty!

Thanks! S-Curl works great on my wet hair. If I use it on dry hair I end up saturating it and then immediately putting a scarf on and it comes out perfect. I can comb it and have no breakage and my hair is super soft. I didn't over saturate it tonight and as it is drying now it is really soft and there was no hair in the comb. I think S-Curl might be that needed product that my hair has been searching for for the past two weeks. I didn't put any other product in this time bc I ran out of leave-in but next week I am getting my smooth n shine leave in treatment again and will be using this and S-Curl together. Thanks for the help everyone!:D

MissFallon

This method worked great on my hair. I put S-Curl in my dripping wet hair put it in a ponytail braided the ends wrapped it in a bun and put a scarf on it.When I woke this morning it was dry and straight. I didn't have to comb it and just re-did the bun and went on my way. This is going to be my new method of airdrying for the next 12 weeks.