How many times a day do you moisturize your hair?

vtoodler

How often do you moisturize your hair each day?

Which oil do you use to seal it, and how much oil do you use?

Does your hair usually stay moisturized all day, or does it become dry during the middle of the day?

Last edited:

mischka

shrinkage.
Is this something I should be doing? Man I am going to have to read around this site some more. I wash my hair and set it in braids with conditioner. Then I don't do anything at all to it until I wash it again.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Moisturize twice a day especially since it's Winter and because I'm under a Wig & Durag 9-10 hours a day.:yep:

My Hair is Highly Moisturized all day. I am currently using Hydratherma Naturals for my Daily Moisturizing Treatments and Sealing with Hydratherma Naturals Hair Oil.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Is this something I should be doing? Man I am going to have to read around this site some more. I wash my hair and set it in braids with conditioner. Then I don't do anything at all to it until I wash it again.

There's a lot of valuable info around here. What you're doing sounds fine because it's low manipulation. You might could spray braid spray on it and seal with an oil depending on how often you wash your hair. I try to not let my hair get too dry. If you're washing often you probably don't need to worry too much about moisture.

To answer your question OP, I moisturize and seal daily unless I'm wearing my hair out. If I'm wearing my hair out I oil it once a day.

I moisturize with a water bottle mixed with a tiny bit of HE LTR. I seal with EVOO in the winter and EVCO in the summer.

sj73

How often do you moisturize your hair each day? twice a day when I wear it straight; once a day when I wear a braidout.

Which essential oil do you use to seal it, and how much oil do you use? I use wheat germ oil to seal and only a couple of drops when I wear it straight; I use a little more when I wear a braidout.

Does your hair usually stay moisturized all day, or does it become dry during the middle of the day. It's normally in need of moisture when it's time to moisturize again. It's not dry, but obviously need more moisture when it's time.

AlliCat

How often do you moisturize your hair each day? Once

Which essential oil do you use to seal it, and how much oil do you use? Aren't essential oils like peppermint oil and rosemary oil? those shouldn't be used to seal because they're super concentrated :perplexed

I use carrier oils to seal (Jojoba, sweet almond oil, avacado, grapeseed, olive oil)
..mostly jojoba and sweet almond (both are really light). I use enough oil to lightly cover the palms of my hands

Does your hair usually stay moisturized all day, or does it become dry during the middle of the day? I moisturize and seal nightly so when i wake up everything is absorbed and good to go.it only gets dry after a few days of not moisturizing

Last edited:

darlingdiva

It depends on the season.

In the summer, I moisturize and seal twice a day because the heat tends to be rather drying.

I seal with a light oil like sweet almond oil. I use two dime-sized amounts.

For all of the other seaons, I get all of my moisture via my DC on wash day. I don't moisturize and seal each day.

Roux

I don't. I've been cowashing daily. well...I guess technically everyday now that I think about it...

Fhrizzball

How often do you moisturize your hair each day? I wear twist and curls and the day I condition it I over moisturize so I only need to moisturize it every few days. I oil my ends and spray my edges and roots though.

Which essential oil do you use to seal it, and how much oil do you use? I use coconut oil and grapeseed oil to seal. I'm a tad heavy handed but I do this at night so by morning it's soaked in.

Does your hair usually stay moisturized all day, or does it become dry during the middle of the day?
It does but in the winter it feels a mid dryer so I adjust as I see fit.

NaturalBoss

I co-wash almost everyday, so I moisturize daily. Sometimes I moisturize at night when I think about it....actually I should moisturize every night because my hair tends to get dry, especially after I workout. I don't seal with essential oils and I don't recommend that you do. I either seal with grease, vaseline, shea butter mix, almond oil, or jojoba oil (not an essential oil).

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
How often do you moisturize your hair each day:
I don't moisturize daily. Maybe 1-2 times a week, 3 if needed.

Which essential oil do you use to seal it, and how much oil do you use?

Uh unh :nono: I don't seal with EO's :perplexed. You should dilute EO's in a carrier oil for use. Oils in general, I don't use them to seal with. Sealing doesn't work for me....

My hair stays moist all day :drunk:

CrueltyFree

How often do you moisturize your hair each day:
I moisturize twice a day.

As some of the others have said, essential oils are not suggested for sealing. Carrier oils are what to use. I like castor oil to seal and I use maybe about a tablespoon.

Lately, yes it stays moisturized. I recently cut off a lot of damage (split ends and knots) and I decided to do things differently this time around. Moisturizing and sealing daily is keeping my hair is pretty good condition so I'll continue to do it as long as I continue to get good results. I don't think my hair can get enough moisture

EbonyCPrincess

When I am wearing my hair out (currently in a sew-in) I moisturize and seal 1-2 times per week. I use either Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk or Bee Mine Luscious Cream Moisturizer. The sealant changes with the style and season...Castor Oil for winter, Sweet Almond for summer and One n' Only Argan Oil whenever.

My hair stays moisturized all day and if it doesn't I wash and DC. I figure then the problem isn't my moisturizing and I need to deep condition to correct the dryness. HTH.

Usually, once a day. But, at the most, twice a day.

I lightly use either avocado, EVOO, or brahmi oils.

I've dealt with both. When it's the former, I only moisturize once; however, when it's the latter, I'll do it twice.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
On average, 1x daily sometimes 2x daily depending on season and style. There are times when I moisturized only 1x every few days. I'm now trying to pay attention to my hair needs versus just moisturizing/sealing for the heck of it.

Warm months - Scurl
Cold months - Bee Mine Balanced Cream Moisturizer

Avocado, evoo, or evco; enough to seal properly seal hair. It varies based on the needs of my hair but if I had to estimate, a few drops per left/right quadrant.

Doesn't become dry just in need of addition moisture. The only time I've experienced dryness is when using scurl in the warmer months and it not being humid enough for glycerin usage (for my hair).