Cherry Lola thread: Any users and/or pics?

KnottyGurl

After reading about the Cherry Lola treatments for naturals, I'm seeing pictures here and there of results in siggies. I'm currently in braids, so I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but I bought the ingredients already:grin: I'm looking forward to using it, but for now, I'll have to settle for living vicariously :lol:

Here are some pictures from and link to the site. It's just a simple mixture of baking soda, amino acids and yogurt. Some people make substitutions. ex. conditioner for yogurt.
http://www.cherrylola.com/?p=442

No Treatment
http://www.cherrylola.com/

Cherry Lola Treatment (wet/dry):

Can we get some pictures/testimonies up in here about your experience? Calling out Alanaj. I learned about it from your post in "Curl Clumping/Puffy Ends". Thanks ladies! :wave:

Gg

Last edited:

diva24

I would love to hear about this! I had frizz issues as a natural.

Last edited:

sholly6

Is it use a stand alone conditioner? do you leave in or wash out? Thanking you in advance for the information.

Susan

tatiana

I like it. I have done it twice. I have used AO GBP instead of yogurt. You wash it out because it does not dry clear plus your hair smells like soy sauce.

donewit-it

:ohwell:I did it last night just to see what would happen. After I kept it in for about an hour, I rinsed and co-washed with Kirkland's conditioner. I then moisturized with Organics curl keeper and Sunsilks curl leave-in. Baggied my hair and went to bed. This morning my hair was moist and I sealed with Organix's Shine serum. Right now my hair is very stiff to the touch.

I will be steaming tonight. I guess it's a great protein treatment and I now have to balance that out with some moisture.

Maybe I'll try it next week with some conditioner, instead of the yogurt.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I don't think she left anything but leave in conditioner in her hair when she used it. :nono:Maybe the other products made your hair hard like gel.:ohwell:

Rain20

I wonder if you can substitute another protein like Duo-Tex instead of the Braggs aminos?

Vonnieluvs08

I've done it several times when I was transitioning. I really like the results. I'm going to do it as a natural later this week.
Some tips I've learned:
1. It's messy. Wear something you don't mind getting dirty as well as a towel for the drippies on the neck.
2. You need to follow this up with a moisture DC. This has a lot of protein in it and can easily give you hard hair. Rinse. Cowash. DC.
3. Apply to your frizziest area first. I've learned it is very time sensitive. The longer it is on the less frizzie the hair is. IMHO.
4. It should foam up once you add the Liquid AAs. If it doesn't your proportions are off and it may be really gritty/grainy from the baking soda. I like to use full fat yogurt esp greek yoghurt 1.5 of the 8.0z for SL hair)
5. You will smell like Chinese food!!

Hope this helps. Will post pics later.

Mleah

I use a version of it in my mid-week routine. I add the 1-2 teaspoons of aminos into 1 cup of Humecto or Cholesterol, along with 1 teaspoon each of citric acid, baking soda and salt. Apply heat cap for 30 minutes and rinse. Before that, I make sure I use a shampoo that contains carboxylic acid. According to Supergirl's post/thread, carboxylic acid "grabs" amino acids. Aminos/protein hold moisture to the hair. I've noticed better moisture retention and tensile strength. .:yep:

I learned so much from these threads!!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=93610&highlight=

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=262381&page=2

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=5201331#post5201331

Soliel185

I did a modified version about a month ago. I will take pics the next time I try it. :yep:

I actually uh...left it on overnight. :look:

My hair was not straight when I woke up or anything like that. It felt very strong and I didn't notice any loosening of my texture. It was also very moisturized, like the treatment improved my hair's porosity...I did notice less frizz and a little less shrinkage.

My next experiment is going to be the Coconut Cream "relaxer"/treatment. :lick:

adw425

I did this about three months ago and keep forgetting to do it again. I used full fat yogurt, baking soda and food grade aloe vera in place of the Braggs as AV has the full spectrum of aminos. It turned out great and I meant to post about it and never did. I think I left the treatment in an hour. It could have been more, but it was at least an hour...

Vonnieluvs08

I have pics in my fotki (I think April/ May album). I haven't done it since I BC'd. I've been a lil to lazy to mix it up and deal with the mess. I'll have to try it with the Aloe Vera one time. I have full fat yogurt and amino acids just sitting waiting for some baking soda to come join the party.

EllePixie

**Bump!!**

Anyone else still doing this treatment? I just did one today and Izzy is looking fab! This really decreases frizz better than any DC I have done.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
:( Did you add any conditioner to your mix? I added condish and I went over my hair with oil after applying.
I tried twice once with condish and once original recipe. Both were awful! My hair dried so badly it matted and tangled. I used it when I was natural but even natural my hair would get SSK but not tangle. I can run my hands threw my dry hair and not find tangles. That stuff had me with a comb and clips, crying and praying in some weird mantra way, rocking back and forth. I still use the AAs as a healthy soy sauce replacement because I love soy sauce a little too much.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
here even the nice regular groceries have it, like kroger, giant eagle, meijer and walmart but only the nice locations like ones with a starbucks in them.

NaturallyMo

I tried this for the first time back in June and I had great results. The first time, I followed her recipe exactly. I applied the treatment and left it on for about an hour(that was all I could tolerate of the smell). After I rinsed the treatment out, I followed it up with a quick cowash using Skala Ceramides condish and applied my leave-in and homemade curly pudding.

This is what the treatment looked like after mixing. I Used 1 cup whole fat greek yogurt, 2 Tbs Braggs Liquid Amino Acids, and 2 Tbs Baking soda. The mixture became nice and frothy just like she said it would, but was pretty loose.

I washed and conditioned my hair the night before and just covered with my satin bonnet and went to sleep. This is my hair before Cherry Lola

Treatment fully applied

Results: Freshly co-washed (L) vs post Cherry Lola (R)

And just for kicks, Here is a comparison of my Cherry Lola's hair vs. my hair air dried after using my homemade curly pudding:

I just did a version of this treatment last night that I have dubbed the Caramel Lola, because it combines the two treatments. I loved the results of this as well, but had an unfortunate banana mishap that made me have to wash my hair again which I have yet to do. Pics of this can be found in my Aug 2010 Fotki album if interested.

LadyPBC

I'm having trouble with the measurements I thot it was 2 parts yogurt and 1 part AA and 1 part baking soda. I would have probably mixed 1 cup of yogurt and 1/2 cup of AA + 1/2 cup of baking soda - that would have been a disaster huh?

LadyPBC

Just picked up my liquid amino acids from Whole Foods for $4.39 for 8 ounces. Looking forward to trying the Cherry Lola treatment this weekend. After that I want to try WestNDNBeauty's signature braid & curl style. YAY 4 me or should I say ... pray 4 me LOL!

EllePixie

Let us know how it goes! I think this is my favorite treatment...my hair is so moisturized when I am done that my hair ends up looking a shade or two darker...

Besides EVOO and honey this is def my staple!

KnottyGurl

I forgot all about this method. Now that I'm natural (again), I'm going to give it another try this weekend. Will take pics to post before/afters.