Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!

aloof one

How do you know its working? When does it usually start working?

I started applying it either yesterday or Saturday night, dont remember, but I put some on then, then I put some on today mixed with sulfur and some ORS Olive Oil and coconut oil. I have been feeling those aches you get when your hair starts growing, but I am wondering if that is just the headaches people always talk about. I can feel a "bump" of hair, but that could be my roots reverting after straightening Saturday. Anyway... I won't say the stuff worked for me until I see progress when I take pics the end of December...

That would be funny as hell if I came out at the end of the week w/ a cm of NG or something like that though... OK not funny, to be honest I was dreaming about it.:sad:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I remember reading a post about using Monistat for hair on here a little while ago.

As a matter of a fact, there's been a lot of posts on the matter. There's actually a lot of LHCF members who use that. They use Monistat 7, Neosporin, and pure MN amoung other stuff. I even asked about it to see who uses it, what kind they use, how they use it, and the results they've gotten. From what I've seen, some people can use it and have gotten results. Others can't use it because it gave them headaches. One person said they used it, got a headache- they then mixed it differently and it worked for them with no problem. For me, the jury is still out. I haven't used it as of yet. BUT I can say that from what I've been hearing, it made me go buy some. I'd planned to use it, but I just didn't know what to mix it with. When or if I do use it, I won't tell anyone about it- except for my doctor if need be. It's no one's business. I can say that from the poll I did on it, there were more people who used and saw results than people who used it and didn't see results. Hope this helps.:yep:

Coffee

I just started a 30 day test to see how much if any my hair grows. I'm only going to use what I made up using M7. I'll report back in 30 with the results. I plan on using the M7 mixture 3 x per week, plus DC and shampoo 2 x per week.

Creatividual

i agree, when i first started to use late this past summer, i would get headaches b/c i put the mn cream directly on my scalp. i now mix it and have no problems. I mix one tube of Monistat mn with ORS Hair Fertilizer, 10 drops of peppermint oil, and 10 drops of rosemary oil. I apply it to my scalp every other day and it works great for me. No headaches and I start seeing results in 2 weeks of usage. I get really good growth from it.

Aggie

I think for those that want to try it and I can see that do because the number of people viewing these threads, should just pick up the cream miconazole nitrate 2%, as opposed to the brand name monistat which is exactly the same thing. I even came across a guinea pig site for guinea pigs losing their hair and monistat 7 was one of those recommended to treat the guinea pigs. In the UK there is a cream called Daktarin which is a cream with miconazole nitrate 2% as the active ingredient and is listed to treat scalp fungus as one of the listed. I think it's more psychological than anything, people just can't get past the name, and what it's used for, but seem to forget it's used for a whole host of fungal ailments.

:yep: Thank you Londondiva for being so objective. I agree that it's more phsycological than anything else. For example, I knew that blackstrap molasses was a type of sweetener but never thought to put it on my hair to stop hair breakage. I mean, have you seen how messy molasses is? But it's great at reducing your hair from breaking. I agree with an earlier post that if some scientist decides to bottle MN in a shampoo or conditioner for scientifically proven drastic hair growth, (and charge $30 - $40 a bottle) we would be lining up at the bss store to pick some up.

I personally have no issues with it. There are folks who have been using it for years with great success. Then there are some that have headaches when they use it. So with that said, I guess it's not for everyone but for a select few who like me have the courage to go ahead and try something new. I've been using it for the past two weeks with no issues and I will continue to use it until I feel it's time to stop or until my body rejects it, ie, headaches - whichever comes first.

Good luck to the ladies who decide to move forward with it and also to those who decide not to. You know better than anyone else what's best for you.

Happy Growing.

Last edited:

Buttalips219

ALL OF YOU ARE FUNNY AS HELL UP IN HERE.....I am going to lose my job from laughing so damn much.

On the serious side, this has been discussed and many have done it.

Mortons

Its so funny to come back and see how California was bashed and now everyone and their mom (literally) is using monistat.

TwistNMx

Its so funny to come back and see how California was bashed and now everyone and their mom (literally) is using monistat.
I agree. This just goes to show that people should have an open mind. There are a lot of things in this world that sound crazy, but ring true.
HP
PS. Shouldn't someone start a thread with pictures showing their progress? :feedback:

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I agree. This just goes to show that people should have an open mind. There are a lot of things in this world that sound crazy, but ring true.
HP
PS. Shouldn't someone start a thread with pictures showing their progress? :feedback:

There's been a few people who started threads to show their personal progress, but not a thread with the title: Show your MN Progress!! Maybe someone should start one. That way, we can see pics of people and their progress and they definately do have pics of it.

TwistNMx

There's been a few people who started threads to show their personal progress, but not a thread with the title: Show your MN Progress!! Maybe someone should start one. That way, we can see pics of people and their progress and they definately do have pics of it.
Agreed!!!:yep:
I don't know who will start it though. :yawn:

TwistNMx

Getting back to you.
I just saw a few other threads...too many threads on this.
I saw a few people with very nice results today. :yep:

aquariangirl

believe me it works! someone here posted earlier in this thread about a bad scalp condition that scaled so much the scalp literally lifted pulling hair out with it...I had this for years...went to the dematologist etc. would still get the scales and this is really bad with relaxers trust me. I started the MN about 2 months ago and viola-NO MORE SCALP PROBLEMS!! I don't even burn on my relaxer now! and my hair has GROWN from my MN mixture. and this growth did not come from any regimen because I really just started one last Sunday! no headaches (because it's mixed with several different things, including capizane (sp?) and because I didn't have a regimen I really wasn't paying too much attention to growth, but when I started using my mixture I would say my hair was pretty much a little past neck length, now it's a little past shoulder length and this is in two months.

aloof one

Wow, it sounds like you had some sort of fungus... that just sounds nasty lol Im glad you got that out of your system

believe me it works! someone here posted earlier in this thread about a bad scalp condition that scaled so much the scalp literally lifted pulling hair out with it...I had this for years...went to the dematologist etc. would still get the scales and this is really bad with relaxers trust me. I started the MN about 2 months ago and viola-NO MORE SCALP PROBLEMS!! I don't even burn on my relaxer now! and my hair has GROWN from my MN mixture. and this growth did not come from any regimen because I really just started one last Sunday! no headaches (because it's mixed with several different things, including capizane (sp?) and because I didn't have a regimen I really wasn't paying too much attention to growth, but when I started using my mixture I would say my hair was pretty much a little past neck length, now it's a little past shoulder length and this is in two months.

Mahalialee4

About headaches: If I use Rosemary Essential oil...I will get headaches, even mixed with heavy carrier oil. Roemary gives a lot of people headaches.
If I add certain ess. oils to my hair oils, (peppermint etc.) I will get a headache. But if I add it to my conditioner, I will get headaches only sometime. Sometimes, Castor oil will give me a headache. Surge just about had me climbing the wall it burned so much, and there is no way I can use it. Point: Everything is not for everybody but that does not make it bad.
One thing they all have in common is increasing the blood flow and that can trigger headaches. Also, one of the ingredients in MN increases the blood flow, just as does so many things. The increased blood flow can trigger headaches in some people. Using Monistat alone or MN alone does not bother some people, but some cannot take it. They get nauseous or get headaches. I get nauseaus. But I also get very nauseous around people that wear perfume, cologne or use fabric softeners. And bad headache to boot. O and if I get a whiff of Pinesol...there goes my breakfast so fast it's too late! Why, because of the Terpine in pinesol and I have a terpine (u?) allergy. Sometimes coffee smells make me ill. Does it make all these things dangerous? Not necessarily but I believe that every buyer has to be aware of what their system will and will not tolerate. Sometimes Mtg and I get along and sometimes we don't, but I am the problem systematically, not the MTG.

TwistNMx

Sounds like this stuff is a germ fighter (antiseptic) for the scalp as well. My scalp will usually itch like mad if I go more than 2 days without washing, but today makes day 3 and I have no itchies to report, but I'm so used to washing that I will be doing it today.
I hope this helps. Maybe people with clean but itchy scalp might want to try this (even if temporarily).

unicque24

Any updates on this topic??
Anyone here tried it and has kept using it... or used it and then stopped?
What about shedding that I've read on some other posts... when you stop?
:rolleyes:

ladysaraii

Any updates on this topic??
Anyone here tried it and has kept using it... or used it and then stopped?
What about shedding that I've read on some other posts... when you stop?
:rolleyes:

I used it and stopped. I need to start back on it. My dermatitis issues came back

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Ok,

This thread is over 2 years old. Has ANYONE gone from one milestone length to another thanks to Monistat?

I'm not talking about extra newgrowth. I wanna hear from those who went from one milestone to another i.e., ear to shoulder, shoulder to armpit or armpit to brastrap, etc. and how long it took you to get there.

Even if folks started using it a year ago, if the cream does all this quick growing, somebody ought to be able to step forward with some milestone testimony, right?

I'll update my question. This thread is now over 4 years old. Anybody go from one milestone to another using Monistat?

If nobody has any miracle growth when I bump my own post again in 2012, can we agree that after 6 years with nobody stepping forward that Monistat is not the miracle growth product that folks have claimed?

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
It's the MN in monistat that works and I think its the monistat 3 you need. And there are some great threads about the use of MN and pictures here and at BHM. I will try to go though my book marks for you.