Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
All this Enso talk got me choosing to DC with Enso this weekend rather than Silk Dream's line. :giggle: I want to buy more Enso (since it's on sale) but....I have a fridge full as-is plus I haven't used the Enso I do have. *be strong*

robot.

i think i'm going to sell/give away a lot of my stash. i have a lot of things i need to review, but i don't like having a drawer, a shelf, and a storage container of hair products. :look:

besides, i really want to try new companies. next week, i plan to get out all these reviews i've been stockpiling, but a lot of these products have GOT TA GO!

i really wanna try some enso samples... :look:

Minty

robot. they just had a big sale. maybe wait until BF? good luck with your give aways and reviews.

Why am I still up. dag nab it.

robot.

robot. they just had a big sale. maybe wait until BF? good luck with your give aways and reviews.

Why am I still up. dag nab it.

That sounds like a good plan. :yep: Focus on dwindling my stash down to one drawer-full of stuff, then try out all these new companies. There was already one I wanted to try, and I feel like I've forgotten the name. :lol:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oh yeah I forgot I have stuff in the fridge too :look:.

I had some white dandruff stuff in my hair this morning. I think it was the Jasmine's Hibiscus. I was in denial and finally by the 3rd time of trying to get it out I used some shampo. Still love this dc.

divachyk
I'm a big time hauler. My orders generally contain 10 items or more. For example If I am replacing staples I'm going to at least buy 3 of them and if I like more than one product from the line its on.

My friend just said tonight "Why do you need so many products? You don't have that much hair and you have only one head". They just don't understand do they ?

Zaz

IDareT'sHair - I love it too. Makes my hair nice and soft and smells :lick:

Zaz, that's why I came to this thread to quickly find that it means U1 Buy3 mo.

IDareT'sHair - well then this question will then not disappoint your theory. :giggle: Why is it called hauling? :look: Honestly. I've seen this tons of times and just made up a definition/meaning for it. What's the true PJ meaning?

From dictionary.com:
the act of taking or acquiring something.
something that is taken or acquired: The thieves' haul included several valuable paintings.

I've always associated it with shopping for large quantities though. Like if I go to the store and buy a shirt, I got one shirt, but if I went on a spree then I'd call it a shopping haul.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@divachyk What @Zaz and what @Shay72 said.

I use it when I know Imma bout to get my shop on in a Big Way! Numerous/Multiple items one big Splurge:dance7:

Oftentimes, from different places or one large spree from one place.

Minty

Rinsed out henna this morning. DC with the last of Label.M Intensive Mask (sad I have no back ups - this is a great product) and sealed with my butters mix.

That was a wonderful mix! :lick::lick:

myhair84

Hello all! I've lurked for a good while and just decided to introduce myself. I would really like to thank all the ladies here who have recommended so many good products (my pockets not so much lol) Enso is next on my list to try!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Zaz

Morning ladies. Apparently the Curls website was down this morning, just as someone was trying to use my refferal code. Anyhow, they're offering a 20% off sale today only to make up for it:

Attn CURLS Fans....our website was down due to a server outage. The site has been restored. We apologize for the inconvenience! Save 20% today. Enter coupon code: sosorry at checkout.

natura87

Pineappled my hair last night after I took out the braids. I made 2 puffs, one up top and one in the back. My hair is thicker, coarser and longer up top than it is back there. Basically I retain more length and have a slightly looser pattern up front. Barnacles.

I spritzed my hair with a hibiscus spritz I made. I'm not close to using anything up,, I just opened a YTcarrots recently and for some reason I go through that rather quickly so who knows.

Thinkin about my BF purchases....

Minty

Morning ladies. Apparently the Curls website was down this morning, just as someone was trying to use my refferal code. Anyhow, they're offering a 20% off sale today only to make up for it:

Attn CURLS Fans....our website was down due to a server outage. The site has been restored. We apologize for the inconvenience! Save 20% today. Enter coupon code: sosorry at checkout.

Zaz - I've never used Curls brand before. what's your word on them - I remember watching a few YT instructional vids a few years ago but never purchased.

curlyhersheygirl

Hey ladies. I've just been lurking on my BB this past week since I was at the hospital with my youngest son. Now we're home I have lots of catching up to do and my hair is a mess. My Enso list keeps growing; I'm just waiting on a sale. I'm really loving this line and the prices are great. As someone else said they've replaced a few other vendors on my list.

Zaz

Zaz - I've never used Curls brand before. what's your word on them - I remember watching a few YT instructional vids a few years ago but never purchased.

HijabiFlygirl I'm in love with the way their products smell and they work well with my hair. My favourites are:

Curlicious curls cleansing cream
Curls milkshake
Curls whipped cream
Curls coconut sublime conditioner

hannan

Hey ladies and lurkers :wave:!

Curse, yall :lol:! I think I'm going to try some Enso on their next sale/BF. Seems like they're coming out with new stuff every coupla weeks.

HijabiFlygirl Was that the henna mix you were talking about earlier?

Minty

hannan - Yes. I loved it. My grays came out a deep vibrant chocolate red, but the color took wonderfully. That usually doesn't happen even with the lemon juice. The color will deepen in a few days but I'm really pleased with the recipe. I even wrote it down (which I never do)

hannan

HijabiFlygirl I had to go back and look but it sounds so good! I'm glad it turned out well. I think I'll try it with the coffee and hibiscus leaves + my same ol' recipe. I haven't done henna in about a month and my hair is just itching for some. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Minty

So I was discussing "the steamer" with DH and then he goes into hair related stuff and how steam really reacts. I thought it was very interesting so I thought I'd share a bit of his knowledge of thermodynamics.... water based products don't do anything with steam as the steam only evaporates what's there and magnifies (I can't remember his exact word here) the concentration of the other chemical components of the product, good and bad. - Here you have to be careful because steam is powerful.

Oil based products work best for steamers.

Last edited:

Minty

I didn't let it set long either hannan. I did boil the hibisicus leaves on a simmer for about 20 mins. At the same time the coffee was steeping. I let them both cool a bit before straining and adding to the henna.

The henna developed 2 hours before I applied it.

I'll take pics and post them to my LHCF album in a few days.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hey ladies. I've just been lurking on my BB this past week since I was at the hospital with my youngest son. Now we're home I have lots of catching up to do and my hair is a mess. My Enso list keeps growing; I'm just waiting on a sale. I'm really loving this line and the prices are great. As someone else said they've replaced a few other vendors on my list.
curlyhersheygirl - hoping all is well with your son.

Eisani

curlyhersheygirl I hope your little one is okay!

So part of me wants to bkt for the memorial Monday, but I know it's going to rain so IDK. If I straighten, I gotta trim. Boo trims me, but I dont feel like going through the labor. I'm mad hair lazy right now.

chebaby

curl, i hope your son is doing just fine

hello everyone
i was being lazy and didnt feel like co washing today so i did a second day puff. now yall know giovanni direct does not have lasting moisture for me at all. tell me why my hair is still hella soft and moisturized. mind you it does not have glycerin in it. using that curl rehab really made my hair feel great:lick: loving it.
this sunday i will deep condition with the sea buckthorn.
tomorrow im probably gonna do a wash and go with sweet hair pudding.

Loves Harmony

I hope your baby get to feeling better!:yep:

curlyhersheygirl

Thanks ladies he's doing alot better. He was premature and is severely anemic as a result he has a hard time regulating his body temp and gets fatigued easily. Since it was so hot last week I took the kids to an indoor pool most of the week but apparently that was too much for him.