Hairfinity 2014 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hey ladies I realized we hadn't discussed when we want to show our progress. I was thinking we could show progress every 3 months. So we can just set January 1st officially for start date and then check in dates will be end of March, end of June, end of September, and end of December. Lmk what y'all think.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

toaster

HairPleezeGrow January 1st sounds good! It won't be when I "start" the vitamins but I need a starting picture and I can measure growth from there.

Plus I'll be home and can have my mom take a picture of me pulling my hair in the back. It's harder than it looks.

What are your hair goals for the new year? I'm trying to get my hair to waist length by the end of 2014. I cut my hip length hair to about ear length in November 2012 (spur of the moment, will NEVER do it again) and I want my hair to get back to those lengths and keep growing.

TwoSnapsUp

I'm using December 2 as my start date since I already posted a pic, but will do progress pics at the scheduled check in dates.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow January 1st sounds good! It won't be when I "start" the vitamins but I need a starting picture and I can measure growth from there.

Plus I'll be home and can have my mom take a picture of me pulling my hair in the back. It's harder than it looks.

What are your hair goals for the new year? I'm trying to get my hair to waist length by the end of 2014. I cut my hip length hair to about ear length in November 2012 (spur of the moment, will NEVER do it again) and I want my hair to get back to those lengths and keep growing.

Your goals sound gr8! My goal is to be full APL be the end of 2014 so we shall see.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm using December 2 as my start date since I already posted a pic, but will do progress pics at the scheduled check in dates.

That's fine as a lot of us started already but I just wanted to have a beginning of 2014 start date.

HPG

JustGROWwithIt

Hey ladies I realized we hadn't discussed when we want to show our progress. I was thinking we could show progress every 3 months. So we can just set January 1st officially for start date and then check in dates will be end of March, end of June, end of September, and end of December. Lmk what y'all think.

HPG

Sounds good to me!

toaster

So in a few days I'll be starting my second bottle. I think I will order two more bottles next month. This way I will have my pills when I finish that bottle.

That was my problem with viviscal. Aside from being difficult for me to swallow I kept forgetting to order more and eventually just stopped taking them. Not this time.

TwoSnapsUp

@toaster, how do you feel about your progress so far?

I started feeling new growth at about two weeks, but wasn't sure. I'm in my third week and it's definitely new growth, but I'm wondering (read: hoping) if my texture has changed.

ETA: I usually notice new growth around week five

Last edited:

JustGROWwithIt

@toaster, how do you feel about your progress so far?

I started feeling new growth at about two weeks, but wasn't sure. I'm in my third week and it's definitely new growth, but I'm wondering (read: hoping) if my texture has changed.

ETA: I usually notice new growth around week five

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I just wanted to comment. I am in my third week too and I'm pretty sure I have new growth. But since my hair is natural and braided in corn rows it's hard to know for sure until I take these braids out, which I won't do til next week. How much growth do u think u have gained?

JustGROWwithIt

So in a few days I'll be starting my second bottle. I think I will order two more bottles next month. This way I will have my pills when I finish that bottle.

That was my problem with viviscal. Aside from being difficult for me to swallow I kept forgetting to order more and eventually just stopped taking them. Not this time.

I used to take Viviscal as well. I always have one extra bottle on hand and when I start the new bottle I order another so it will be ready for me when I need it. Helps me not miss days by waiting for it to come in the mail.

toaster

TwoSnapsUp

I think I'm having pretty good progress! I'm natural so I don't really have a measure except for pulling my hair but I have noticed that I'm having to bun my hair differently. The last time I grew my hair out I knew it had grown when my previous method for putting my hair in a bun didn't work and I needed a new way to do it.

I think I'm a fairly fast grower, but my hair grows the most during the spring and summer months so I'm hoping Hairfinity gives me the winter boost that I need to reach my goals.

I promise to take a picture for this challenge on or around 1/1 so I can truly record my progress.

TwoSnapsUp

Definitely not an inch. Maybe 0.25inch? I'm giving it two months..

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I just wanted to comment. I am in my third week too and I'm pretty sure I have new growth. But since my hair is natural and braided in corn rows it's hard to know for sure until I take these braids out, which I won't do til next week. How much growth do u think u have gained?