Castor Oil and your hairline

dahllia

How many of you use or have used castor oil to help fill your hair line back in, and if you do, how often did you use it before you started seeing results? Do you just massage in for 10 minutes or what? Sorry for all the questions but I just bought some and I want to use it the right way. Im just not sure how to go about it. Please help.

Peachtree

Hi dahllia

I've been using castor oil for almost 4 mths now. I like to add a few drops of peppermint & rosemary oils to it, warm it a bit, then massage this into my scalp, especially the hair line, for maybe 10-15 mins. I do this weekly or sumtimes 2x wk if time permits. It took about 8 wks before I began seeing an improvement. It works wonderfully

dahllia

Hi Peachtree and thanx that helps me a lot. Hopefully it will work for me too. Im glad to find out that you can mix it and warm it because it smells funny and it's a little thick.

TinyT

Peachtree would it work if you don't have the peppermint and rosemary oils to add, or are they essential?

Thanx
Tracy

debyjay

my grandma swears by it dahlia, I use it to soften my new growth though as I don't have hair line problems (knock on wood). It's my favorite oil.

lunalight7

I think the castor alone will work but rosemary and peppermint are said to stimulate hairgrowth so the combo may work even better.

Peachtree

Hairlove, give it a try.

Dahllia, yeah, that's why I warm it... to "thin" it a bit. If ur gonna add the EOs, be careful to warm it just a tid bit; slightly warmer than room temp is plenty. Those EOs are very strong & "tingly" enough...

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree would it work if you don't have the peppermint and rosemary oils to add, or are they essential?

Thanx
Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should still work without the essential oils. However, I believe the peppermint & rosemary essential oils, through their "stimulating properties", helps to encourage growth faster... & they feel soooooo good on the scalp

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I think the castor alone will work but rosemary and peppermint are said to stimulate hairgrowth so the combo may work even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!

dahllia

[ QUOTE ]
my grandma swears by it dahlia, I use it to soften my new growth though as I don't have hair line problems (knock on wood). It's my favorite oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great to know thanx. I have that bad corner where I wrapped too much from one side. I will N-E-V-E-R wrap again. Hopefully this combo will help me.

TinyT

Thanks peachtree and lunalight. I will try this, I have a thin spot near the crown and I have been massaging it, but not with anything in particular.

Much appreciated,
Tracy

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Hi dahllia

I've been using castor oil for almost 4 mths now. I like to add a few drops of peppermint & rosemary oils to it, warm it a bit, then massage this into my scalp, especially the hair line, for maybe 10-15 mins. I do this weekly or sumtimes 2x wk if time permits. It took about 8 wks before I began seeing an improvement. It works wonderfully

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent idea. I have to try this. I've been using vitamin e which works pretty well also, but I'll definately give your recipe a try.

marabou1

Peachtree:

Your advice is always on point!

My hair has always loved the castor oil, but it's also loving the hot oil 6 you recommended.

Thanks again!

gvsugirl

where does everyone get their castor oil? and on the bottle, does it mention anything about hair? I've been looking for some but none of them say anything about it's use for the hair and I get scared to purchase it.

marabou1

[ QUOTE ]
where does everyone get their castor oil? and on the bottle, does it mention anything about hair? I've been looking for some but none of them say anything about it's use for the hair and I get scared to purchase it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi gvsugirl:

There are several threads on castor oil at this site. Just do a search on it and you'll get lots of tips.

-Marabou