Jamila for Hair vs BAQ Jamila Direct from Pakistan

Proudpiscean

Armyqt said:
I'm having a brain cramp right now trying to figure out the unit price (100g) on 5k. 5kg=5,000g. Split 4 ways = 1250. I gotta run to the school for a conf WHat's the unit price per 100g box at this rate. (I hate word problems) :lol:

Well if my calculations are correct (somebody check me) 5kg is only 50 boxes and at $135 bucks that's $2.70 per box.

Proudpiscean

Out of a 100gm box, how much are ya'll using per application? One box lasts me two applications......maybe I need to be stretching mines out more :perplexed .....but my hair is extremely thick!

Cayenne0622

Is this a trusted source you guys are ordering from? I would love to get in on the deal but I'm kind of nervous. lol I want a 6 months supply of henna. My hair is above my shoulders and I only henna twice a month so my lil shiny box/shiny package has lasted me 2 hennas so far and I believe I have enough for one more application. I have another box sitting and waiting so that should get me through January. I'm excited to have something like this going.

preciousjewel76

This thread is intriguing. You ladies are too funny, it's like you're orchestrating some multi-national drug deal or something:lol: !

This henna must be good stuff. I'd go in with you, but I think I'd prefer to use the cassia. I don't want to change my haircolor.

Cichelle

amr501 said:
Out of a 100gm box, how much are ya'll using per application? One box lasts me two applications......maybe I need to be stretching mines out more :perplexed .....but my hair is extremely thick!

Hmm...I usually mix up 200 grams, but I have leftovers to freeze. I think ideally, I would use about a box and a half. I could stretch it more, I'm sure. But I like the results this way. I once used 1 box of Jamila and it wasn't enough.

Proudpiscean

Cichelle said:
Hmm...I usually mix up 200 grams, but I have leftovers to freeze. I think ideally, I would use about a box and a half. I could stretch it more, I'm sure. But I like the results this way. I once used 1 box of Jamila and it wasn't enough.

You have a LOT of hair looking at your siggy though, so that sound about right then!:)

JLove74

s_terry said:
Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't you want the hair quality Jamila vs the BAQ?

BAQ is 100% pure henna
hair quality may contain metallics or other fillers

preciousjewel76

Now if you guys do this, I betta not see any of you selling henna on the corner. You know that once folks try this "good stuff", they'll be hooked.

Proudpiscean

Cayenne0622 said:
Is this a trusted source you guys are ordering from? I would love to get in on the deal but I'm kind of nervous. lol I want a 6 months supply of henna. My hair is above my shoulders and I only henna twice a month so my lil shiny box/shiny package has lasted me 2 hennas so far and I believe I have enough for one more application. I have another box sitting and waiting so that should get me through January. I'm excited to have something like this going.

Yep, this is where hennaforhair.com and mehindiskinart.com are getting it from.....they just mark the prices up for profit :ohwell: ......we're just cutting out the middle man and getting it directly from the source :D

thesweetone

Okay ladies!

I'm trying to round out my Jamila stash so that I can have a year's supply. I got my first order from hennaforhair and I got 500 grams (5 boxes). I've used one box so far for two applications. I plan to henna weekly as my deep conditioner, so that would mean I need 22 more boxes to add the 4 that I have left to give me a full year's supply.

I definitely want to be included in the bulk order. Please let me know who I have to pay, how to get you the payment, etc.

Good looking out AtlantaJJ. I'm PMing you right now!

Now if only fromnaturewithlove would hurry up and get some more amla powder then I'll be set. Which one of you ladies bought out all their amla powder? I mean they have NONE!!!! Every size is out of stock?!?!?! :lachen:

AtlantaJJ

Cayenne0622 said:
This is from Jamila company direct in Pakistan...the actual folks that grow, harvest and distrubute to everyone else in the world.

JLove74

AtlantaJJ said:
This is from Jamila company direct in Pakistan...the actual folks that grow, harvest and distrubute to everyone else in the world.

I think the other posting was referring to (as I am) about sending money to someone way across the water, to get a product.

thesweetone

JLove74 said:
I think the other posting was referring to (as I am) about sending money to someone way across the water, to get a product.

I think it's okay, you just need to be sure to use a credit card. My first order for henna was actually from a company in India. I ordered a product that they made called Henna Hair Care. I wanted to try that because it had other good Indian herbs already mixed in it (amla, brahmi, shikakai, etc.) Anyway, I never received my order, and I filed a complaint with my bank (Bank of America) and they refunded my money (I actually used my debit card to place the order, but I have this coverage on my credit card as well). Since I never received my order from them, I went ahead and got my henna from hennaforhair.

If someone places the order using their credit card, we should be able to be reimbursed if something happens. Also, since this is the same company that supplies hennaforhair and mehndiskinart I think we have less risk. But you never know. So we have to decide if we're willing to take the chance.

PinkAngel

I'm starting to get confused again by all the henna talk. :lol:

So, does anyone know about the henna from FNWL, is this BAQ henna or hair henna? I thought as long as it was 100% natural it was considered BAQ?????

hennasooq.com also carries Jamila is this BAQ or hair henna?

TIA

Armyqt

amr501 said:
Well if my calculations are correct (somebody check me) 5kg is only 50 boxes and at $135 bucks that's $2.70 per box.

You're right. In my rush to get out the door a missed I step. I forgot to divide the 5000g by 100. Duh? I'm not really stupid you guys.....really I'm not :look: :lol: :lol:

AtlantaJJ

JLove74 said:

Osman Ali
For Abid & Company (Pvt) Ltd.
8-B, Darbar Market, Ganj Bukhsh Road,
Lahore- Pakistan.
Tel.: +92-42-7115733, 7243663
Fax.: +92-42-7249956
E-mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I got that info by doing a direct google for Jamila manufacture click the web site....

Cichelle

msshic said:
I'm starting to get confused again by all the henna talk. :lol:

So, does anyone know about the henna from FNWL, is this BAQ henna or hair henna? I thought as long as it was 100% natural it was considered BAQ?????

hennasooq.com also carries Jamila is this BAQ or hair henna?

TIA

FNWL is supposedly BAQ. However, you can always call them to ask them questions about it.

I am quite sure that hennasooq is carrying BAQ henna. You can email her. She seems very nice.

Cichelle

AtlantaJJ said:
The plot thickens... I think the local stores are holding out on us girl! The henna for hair is not harmful at all, it's just not BAQ, not sifted and not as potent in the dye. I want the good stuff!! <having a tantrum>

I say we do a group order for sure! Fresh crop from the summer, their best batch!

If you guys do this group order, count me in....if there is room for one more. :)

alexstin

My Jamila from Mendhiskinart is in plastic wrap inside a cardboard box., so does that mean it's not BAQ?

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

alexstin said:
My Jamila from Mendhiskinart is in plastic wrap inside a cardboard box.

That's strange, I ordered from there & mine is in foil, in a shiny box. It says summer 2006 crop. :ohwell:

alexstin

You know what..when I ordered I clicked on the henna for hair link NOT the henna powder link. I guess that's where I went wrong.:ohwell:

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:
That's strange, I ordered from there & mine is in foil, in a shiny box. It says summer 2006 crop. :ohwell:

Foil, shinny box, crop date = BAQ that's what we will be ordering next week.

AtlantaJJ

I just want to make sure that we all know what we are buying when we pick up the Jamila box.

There multiple sources for this product. Some of us live in cities that don't have a large indian population and markets, and may not have easy access to the product. We could start our own henna co-op... My point is there is power in knowledge and power in numbers. I'm looking forward to making this purchase with you all! :)

Softresses

WHAT is going on up in here??????? Yawl, gone haf ta cut me in! I wonts me a stash tooo!!!

I didn't know you ladies had the goods like this, JJ girl I am over here feeeenninnn for me a cut.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gimme the details, I don't think I want a 10 year supply though. I am worried about freshness. I have Paypal too for my purchase

Softresses

AtlantaJJ

Softresses said:
WHAT is going on up in here??????? Yawl, gone haf ta cut me in! I wonts me a stash tooo!!!

I didn't know you ladies had the goods like this, JJ girl I am over here feeeenninnn for me a cut.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gimme the details, I don't think I want a 10 year supply though. I am worried about freshness. I have Paypal too for my purchase

Softresses

Check your PM girl!!

*Frisky*

AtlantaJJ said:
I wasn't aware there are two type of Jamila henna. I just recently purchased some locally and found out it is hair quality, not BAQ. I am communicating with Jamila manufacture in Pakistan and they told me how to determine the difference between the two types.

Please read below:

<<As FDA does not allow henna powder to be imported and used for body art purposes, so we can not write on the box neither can we change the design stating it for hair or body. There are couple of distinctions we have marked on the body art quality packets and those are.

1. Body Art Jamila henna powder is packed in aluminum foil instead of plastic for better preservation.
2. You will see batch number at the bottom of every body art packet stating the year and month of manufacturing which is absent in hair Jamila.
3. Body Art Qualilty Jamila is packed in shiny box.
4. You will not find Body Art Jamila in local stores as it is exported to the users directly as of limited production.

The rest please feel free to discuss anything related to our product.

Sincerely>>

Ladies how is your Jamila henna packaged? The henna I got this weekend is packaged in cellophane with no batch number on the bottom.

Do the boxes look pretty much the same with the lady on it and do they both say from Pakistan?