Lye Relaxer

lshevonne

Can someone tell me some Lye Relaxers that are out now. Keep in mind that I've stared doing my own hair. I've listed some relaxers I've used in the past...
Fabulaxer (Very Good)
Mizani (The Best) I can't afford anymore /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Just For Me (Good)

Shaunie

I've used Mizani as well in the past and I agree I really do think it is awesome. However monetary challenges prevent me from using it now. I have been hearing really good things about Motions Oil Moisturizer relaxer. I also have a close friend with beautiful, 4a/4b textured, hair that is past her bra strap and she uses Optimum relaxer. I've been using Optimum too so I probably won't change for a while until I feel my hair needs a change because it leaves my hair very shiny, straight but still full of body. How's that for a raving endorsement! Seriously though I've been hearing really good things about the Motions Oil relaxer.

I hope you find the one that works best for you.

Shaunie
Brooklyn

CICI24

I didn't know Fabulaxer was a lye relaxer. I used to use it when I first started relaxing my hair and it was one of the best relaxers I've used.

LondonDiva

I have a 5lb tub of Affirm lye relaxer but after Blkmane's success with it I am very tempted to try it next touch up time.

Eyvonne7131

Hi alot of posters on this board like Motions...I have never tried it, I use Revlon Lye Mild and have for many many years. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tonya

LONDONDIVA....
U are such a lucky lady do you know how many people are trying so so hard to egt there hands on some Affirm??????
Are u licensed? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tonya

LONDONDIVA......
I AM HEARTBROKEN OVER HERE I WANT SOME SO BAD. I DO MY OWN HAIR AND I WANT TO SWITCH TO AFFIRM BUT CAN NOT FIND ONE ANYWHERE FOR LAYMEN!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

yvette

When I relax my hair I use Arosci. I have been using it for about 7 years now. From my understanding it can not be purchased at a beauty supply store. It has to be ordered from a supplier. It is a great lye relaxer and my hair always does great with it.

G

Affirm is a really good perm. So, is Pink Oil Realxer. Very good! Mizani is very good also. So many good perms. But now, I am really tempted to try Motions, because I hear nothing but good things about it.

lshevonne

On my lunch today I went looking for the Motions Oil and couldn't find it. I live in Austin, Tx so if anyone where I might find it let me know. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

G

There are a host of online stores that have it, I'm sure. I've ordered stuff off of the Internet, and I haven't had any problems, so far.