Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

so1913

I'm going to start using BBD Stretch again, probably as a leave in...if not (depending how it responds to styling products) I'll alternate with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery.

SilentRuby

Bought Aphogee Keratin 2 Min Recon. when I first found LHCF and I liked it. After using the whole bottle, I never bought it again until last week. Let's just say that I will always use this because I noticed an immediate difference in my hair when I used it again :yep:

Ediese

I've been cowashing almost everyday so I went out and got the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor just in case my hair gets overconditioned.

The Princess

I use the Nexxus Kerphix. I used it last night matter of fact, after I shampooed with CON, and my hair was stronger and felt really nice. I believe thats the only Reconstructor that I use. I use it every other week try to balance with the moisture treatments that I use also.

Healthb4Length

I think I found a new winner! I used to use Dryfast Miracle reconstructor for years and it was so amazing! Gave me slip and made my hair strong. It was so hard to find though and years went by and I've tried many high end and low end and nothing compared...until I found Dumb Blonde Reconstructor. LOVE IT! Gave me the same results as my Dryfast, it's easy to find and it smells great! So for now Dumb Blonde is my new and favorite reconstructor.

GodsGrace

So proteins like K-Pak, Aphogee 2-min, Aveda DR & Affirm 5-in-1 can be used weekly?

I've only used the Aphogee 2-min, so I can't speak for the others. But Motions CPR, ORS Mayo, the Aphogee 2-Min, Nexxus Keraphix, Aubrey Organic GBP, these are all light proteins and are safe to use weekly, as long as you condition afterwards. But of course you have to see how your hair reacts, some people's hair can't take protein weekly, while others can. But my favorite so far is the Aphogee 2-min, detangles like a dream and always makes my hair soft and strong. I like the Motions CPR as well.

TLC1020

Used Motions Reconstructor.. Just bought Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor and I like this results much better... I like Motions anti-breakage line, however I see better and quicker results with Aphogee :grin:

MissNina

Libra Girl
Motions CPR and Aphogee 2 min are both great. . .I prefer Motions CPR a little bit more though. I alternate.

Gigi-07

Which one do you use?
Infusium 23 (Repairology)
How often?
Sometimes daily, sometimes every 2 weeks. It depends on how my hair feels.
And how do you incorporate it into your regimen?
I mostly spray it when I have braids. Otherwise, whenever I need a quick protein boost (and I don't have time to DC), Infusium is a temporary aid for mushy/weak hair.
Do you only use it while you're rinsing out the relaxer, or do you use it in between relaxers, or what?
I use it as a relaxed head (moreso than when I was natural), but I do not incorporate it in my relaxing routine.

Kimiche

I just recently started using the Aphogee 2 min. Reconstructor. So far so good. :yep: I will use it every other week.

amberangel4u

is it best to use the recont. pre- poo then follow up with a conditioner. or poo, recont. then condtioner?
also for non-permed but with color how often are you using the recon.?

Urban

I use De Lorenzo Protein Complex - is pretty much pure protein. I leave it in for 5 minutes or so, them follow up with a moisturizing DC. I only use it every 1-2 months.

JJamiah

I have to join the ladies who use Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. I love it. It gives me the protein I need and not overload.

marla

I use Aphogee 1 week after my relaxer. I have a sample of the Keracare one, but I haven't tried it yet.

moonglowdiva

I wished I had the option to choose more that one. I'm not particular, I have use Ion Reconstructor, Nexxus Emergencee, and Aphogee (both) and all of them work equally well for what I was trying to do. I try to switch up. I even like henna and Mega Tek. But each serves its own purpose.

gn1g

Im trying Aussie 3 minute today ..

But usually I use either Aphogee 2 minute , Joico K Pak or CPR , and CPR is the only one I will do after a shampoo, I pre poo with protein or my hair will be hard as a brick

Does nothing for my hair. The original worked wonders when it came in a beige and red container and was made with papaya.

gn1g

An excellent one that no one has mention here that's just as good as DRC28 is

LAMAUR BONE MARROW TREATMENT. it strengthens hair perfectly. I use it if my hair is really out of wack.

Reecie

I just tried the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor one week after relaxing. I only left it on for 5 min, though. Actually I think the instructions say to leave it on for 5 min. I liked it pretty well and the smell is a bonus too.

Yes. I love me some Aphogee 2 min Reconstuctor :yep::yep::yep:

*Muffin*

Reconstructor and protein treatment mean the same thing to me, lol. I used to use the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor (back before the ingredient change), but now I use Aubrey Organics GPB as a protein treatment because it leaves my hair feeling strong and it doesn't contain any -cones. To me it works just as well as the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor.