Paging BlkMane

LondonDiva

Blkmane,

Could you please refresh my memory and list the motions products you used along with the mild oil moisturizer relaxer. I was buying some CPR and Nexxus Keraphix yesterday and couldn't remember one of the products that you recommended.

BlkMane

LondonDiva!!!! Hey, girl. Good to see you in the "new" neighborhood!

When I got my touchup, I brought along the Motions Oil Moisturizer Silk Protein Moisturing Conditioner. (I think that is the name. I'm not at home, so I can't check it right now. But, it's the only Motions conditioner that has "Silk Protein" in the name and it DOES also have "OIl Moisturizer" written on the jar.

If you read the back of the OIl Moisturizer Relaxer jar, it will specifically state to use the silk protein conditioner. That is why I bought it even though I also had the CPR.

I guess it has something to do with how the Oil Moisturizer relaxer works vs. the regular Motions relaxer, because I read the back of the "regular Motions relaxer" and THAT jar said to use another Motions conditioner after relaxing (not the CPR, but another one).

Was this clear?

BTW, I didn't buy the Motions neutralizer shampoo, but I will probably buy it as long as the ingredients aren't "bad."

Are you going to relax with Motions? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Hey there Miss beautiful Blkmane. Thanks for the speedy response.

I was staring at the Motions line yesterday in the shop for so long I think the woman thought I was gonna steal something /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I noticed another conditioner in the tub which maybe the one you are referring to. It was a white thick conditioner I know it was a protein one, but it was definitley not the CPR as I bought that one.

I picked up the Motions CPR shampoas well. It smells the same. So I'm going to use this along with the CPR when I need to. I also got some Keraphix so I'm going to give that a go also after my mishap with the Nexxus Humectress.

As for trying the Motions relaxer, I think I may go back to it after I'm done with the Affirm. I got a 5lb tub of the Affirm which I mix a lil Olive Oil in but I'm tempted to try the oil one on my next touch up.

Blkmane I can't remember but are you on the Glover's BBQ regime right now too?

BlkMane

Hey. Yes, the Silk Protein is very light yellow in color and creamy in texture. The CPR is thicker(?) with little flecks in it, right? By the way, what does CPR smell like to you? I can't seem to name what it smells like to me...think it smells like a food or fruit?

What happened with Humectress? You didn't like it?

Yes, I'm in the Barbeque Hair Club! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm going to create a thread now for the Club. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

To me CPR smells of bananas. But when it's added in a cake or something. LOL. Yes it's the one with the flecks in it.

The Humectress was crap. It did nothing for my hair at all. A big waste of money. ORS Hair mayo all the way for me. As soon as I slather that stuff on I can feel my hair workin it!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Tracy never had much luck with it either.

TsAngel

Londondiva,
Sorry to butt in but I noticed that you are currently using Affirm Relaxer. Where did you purchase it? Most places will not sell it if you are not licensed.

Thanks in advance.

TsAngel

LondonDiva

TsAngel,

No need to apologise we're all here to ask ?'s and advise one another:D

I'm in the UK and had to seach high and low online for the Affirm, found nothing. I had to go to a wholesalers which is open to the general public up in North London that sells EVERYTHING. The biggest black hair shop I've ever come aross. Takes me like 2 hours to browse round the shop.

For the 5lb tub it cost me £19.99 which is about $30.

These people don't care who they sell the product to just as long as they get their buck at the end of the day. They kept thatone behind the counter though.