Distilled Water?

Leslie_C

dont laugh at this question, but is distilled water just purified water or spring water? is all bottle water the same as far as using it for your hair?

also, whats in your spray bottles? I know many use a mixture of distilled water and other goodies to mist their hair daily.

daviine

In regards to the spray bottle question --I bumped up two threads for you.

In regards to the first--don't want to give you the wong information-- Distilled water isn't spring water.

I will see if I can think of a better way to explain this.

CheerBear

Spring Water: Bottled water derived from an underground formation from which water flows naturally to the surface of the earth. Spring water must be collected only at the spring or through a bore hole tapping the underground formation finding the spring. Spring water collected with the use of an external force must be from the same underground stratum as the spring and must have all the physical properties, before treatment, and be of the same composition and quality as the water that flows naturally to the surface of the earth.

Purified Water: Water that has been produced by distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis or other suitable processes and that meets the definition of purified water in the United States Pharmacopoeia may be labeled as purified bottled water. Other suitable product names for bottled water treated by one of the above processes may include distilled water if it is produced by distillation, "deionized water" if the water is produced by deionization, or "reverse osmosis water" if the process used is reverse osmosis. Alternatively "_____________ drinking water" can be used with the blank being filled in with one of the terms defined in this paragraph (e.g. "purified drinking water" or distilled drinking water).

daviine

Thanks CheerBear.

Also, distilled water is better to use in your spray bottles. Since it has been purified, it is less prone to breeding bacteria......

CheerBear

Welcome daviine, and Angel, you could do that but simple boiling isnt the best way to distilled...it's the lowest quality of distilling you can do. It's best to buy top quality distlled water that has been purified through reverse osmosis or UV filtration(The absolute best!) if possible

AnjelLuvs

what is the best, and what is the cost, do u also wash ur hair with it. I cant see my self washing my hair with water out of a bottle

Gaea

I put 1/4 cup of a suave conditioner and half a teaspoon of hot six oil or coconut oil and fill the rest up with distilled water, that's what's in my spary bottle

Leslie_C

cool, thanks ladies!

Anjel, there is no way I would spend the money to wash my hair in bottled water...lol.
But I thought it could possibly be used for moisture purposes, as others have mentioned in other threads.

Im pretty sure I have hard water and its affecting my hair, so Im going to buy one of those $20 shower filters from home depot someone mentioned. Thats much cheaper in the long run.

but Ill buy some distilled water to make my own little moisture mixture to spray on my hair in the morning and at night(if Im not wearing it straight).

AnjelLuvs

Thanks Leslie_C that makes so much more sense.

Does anyone have any rec's for shower filters, do only keep it on to wash here, then take off, or just keep it on always?

Does it matter what kind?

Avaya

Distilled water is basically condensed steam. It is the puriest water there is. I drink it all the time! You can buy an at home distiller but more is involved then just boiling water in a pot.