October 24,25.26..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Lovely Ladies!

To the Most Beautiful Sistah's on the Planet!

Yes! Time to Get This HURR Par'tay Started Off Up in the Piece.:lol:...:dance7:

So.....What Will YOU be doing this Weekend to Care for and Condition YOUR Hair??????

EnExitStageLeft

Prepoo with Grapeseed/Coconut Oil

Shampoo with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Shampoo

Deep Condition w/ BBB Babassu Butter Love Deep Conditioner

Apply Leave ins, Blow Dry and Continue my wiggin':).

Rozlewis

Pre-poo: Keravada Coffee Oil on scalp and Coconut Oil on the length under conditioning cap
Shampoo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
DC: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Creme & Marie Dean Coffee & Kokum DC, porosity control, Olive oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and eucalyptus oil over coffee under steam
Leave-ins: Annabelle's/oil/Giovanni Direct
Ar dry

Bun Mistress

I needed to decided. Thanks for the thread as always. Funori seaweed shampoo pack, AO Dry conditioner, Soy bean tea, camellia water rinse.

Bun Mistress

Never mind in honor of the taboo months for shampooing. I will use egg white dry shampoo. This is a first. Yikes.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Currently prepooing with Vatika Oil & APB Hibiscus + Fenugreek oil.

Saturday I will...
Step 1 - Baking soda + warmed conditioner for 30 mins.

Step 2 - DC under steamer for 20 mins, let it cool and then finger detangle.

Step 3 - rhassoul + bentonite + moisturising tea clay rinse (marshmallow root/burdock root/irish moss/slipperyelm/ fenugreek) for 30 mins. NB: may use steamer for this step.

Step 4 - Use the LIs I have available as part of my usual LCO

Step 5 - Seal with oil. I will my hand at making flaxseed gel to use as part of this step as well.

Step 6 - braid my hair into celies.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Pre-Poo: APB Ayurvedic Oil & Pumpkin Seed Oil with peppermint/rosemary/atlas cedarwood/white thyme/lavender EOs on scalp & babassu oil on ends overnight; Mission Condition Peppermint Patty Conditioner on ends under heat cap
Cleanse: PM Shampoo One
Protein Treatment: Claudies Normalizing Conditioner with APB Green Powerhouse Oil
DC: APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle with JBCO under dryer
Post-Wash: APB Tangerine LI, Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls LI, APB Alfalfa & Broccoli Oil, Amika Obliphica Heat Defense Serum

Last edited:

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
At some point during the weekend I will co-wash and DC for at least an hour under heat. Rollerset with magnetics and wrap until mid-week.

Will use HQS on my twist out tonight on wet hair, take down on Saturday (most likely), DC with SSI Curl Moist under heat on dry hair and rinse with Aphogee 2 Min. I will rollerset with purple and grey magnetic rollers, Saran Wrap after take down and try not to use heat on my roots. I plan to rollerset and wrap it very taughtly to achieve non-heat pressed roots.

HHG ✌️

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am getting my hair blown out and trimmed Saturday morning. Yes Lord!! I haven't had straight hair in 2 months...haven't trimmed in a year.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
At some point during the weekend I will co-wash and DC for at least an hour under heat. Rollerset with magnetics and wrap until mid-week. Will use HQS on my twist out tonight on wet hair, take down on Saturday (most likely), DC with SSI Curl Moist under heat on dry hair and rinse with Aphogee 2 Min. I will rollerset with purple and grey magnetic rollers, Saran Wrap after take down and try not to use heat on my roots. I plan to rollerset and wrap it very taughtly to achieve non-heat pressed roots. HHG ✌️

Didn't do a twist out, flexi set instead. But I did use HQS Coconut Lime Oil.

toaster

Today I:
Cowashed with trader joes tea tree tingle
Deep conditioned with Pantene 2 minute mask and trimmed my ends
Rinsed
Twisted with cantu naturals leave in and coconut curling cream
Pibbs dried for an hour

Will repeat on Sunday without the trim and hopefully will seal the ends of my twists with Shea butter.

emada

Washed yesterday, and I'm planning on relaxing hopefully Mon/Tues. Waiting for my relaxer to arrive.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
All of this happened today:

Finger detangle & remove shed hair with aloe vera juice

Clarify with Elucence Volume Clarifying shampoo

Steam with Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner

Leave in: Curl Junkie Smoothing lotion

Style: Flexi rod set using Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha gel

Did a dusting on my ends before putting in each flexi rod as they were a tad too tangly for my taste.

Hair is on bling status right now and I haven't even separated the curls yet....& probably wont until Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

Bun Mistress

Please elaborate! What are taboo months for shampooing? What's an egg white dry shampoo? What type of regimen are you following?

Still researching why these months are Taboo, but here is what I have learned: The months of April May Setember and October are taboo and several things one of which is hair washing should be avoided.

One remedey for hair cleansing during this time was a dry egg white shampoo that is supposed to cleanse and condition are mixed in the hair and then wiped away with a warm damp towel.

This is supposed to keep away bad luck or omens. I don't really believe in this part. But I want to see how my hair reacts to this regemine. Plus I don't really feel like doing my hair this weekend.

The hair regimine I'm following is from a Japanese book inner peace outer beauty. You can find it cheap on amazon, and so far every hair and bath recipie has been a joy to use and my hair and body have responded well to the all natural treatments.

Bun Mistress

I forgot to list this:
The benefits of an egg white "shampoo"
Said to cleanse and soften the hair

whip an egg white (more depending on the thickness of hair) until stiff and dry, like for a meringue. Egg white is applied to dry hair and massaged into the scalp then removed by wiping repeatedly with a twoel that has been dipped in hot water and wrung out.

I will let you all know the results.

chocolate01

Tomorrow I have to shampoo and deep condition but I dont know how I want to style. Last week I tried my first flexi rod set as a natural. It came out OK but I'll have to try it again.

Sholapie

prepoo: olive oil and hot six oil on scalp
shampoo: I used diluted shampoo but my hair still felt stripped so back to scalp scrubs for now
DC: CON argan oil conditioner
leave in: CON argan oil 7 in 1 leave in and shea butter
style: I'm currently banding my hair ovenight, I may just wear a stretched fro if I can't be bothered to twist. I've been feeling very hair lazy lately.

Lita

Washed with sisters black poo,rinsed morrocon con,Mission Cond Honey marshmallow mask 1hr,rinse MC pumpkin con,APB Blueberry leave-in,APB iced coffee pudding on ends & Jakala coffee butter pomade on scalp...

Hair is super super super soft dentangle & smells really good..In braids air dry.

Happy Hair Growing!

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Prepoo: Neelibrigahdi + Sesa hair oils
Cleanse: SM Purification Masque + bentonite clay
Rinse: Tressemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth conditioner (new formula)
DC: Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed moisturizing conditioner

LOC with SM JBCO leave-in conditioner + marula oil & QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

ms.blue

Since I'm wearing a weave, wash day is rather difficult. For my braided base, I used shesceneit eucalyptus mint shampoo and acv diluted in a applicator bottle to cleanse my scalp.

meka72

Prepoo: Chicoro's prepoo (with evoo and castor oil added to avj then evco)

Cowash: SSI blueberry cowash

Reconstructor: MC biotin conditioner for 5"

Moisture DC: APB blueberry conditioner

Claudie's normalizing rinse

M&S: APB blueberry cheesecake leave in, APB blueberry cheesecake hair cream, ceramide oil blend, ST scalp rub pomade

NaturallyATLPCH

Cleanse: Giovanni TTTT Conditioner
Rinse Out: Hairveda Jardin and Green Tea DC
DC: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab or Happy Nappy Honey Hibiscus DC, or both
Leave In: APB Leave In, Seal with an oil, then Flat Twists with Aunt Jackie's Don't Shrink Elongating Gel for a Flat Twist out

I may prepoo or not. I am going to use up some of these DCs as rinse outs.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cleanse: Giovanni TTTT Conditioner
Rinse Out: Hairveda Jardin and Green Tea DC
DC: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab or Happy Nappy Honey Hibiscus DC, or both
Leave In: APB Leave In, Seal with an oil, then Flat Twists with Aunt Jackie's Don't Shrink Elongating Gel for a Flat Twist out

I may prepoo or not. I am going to use up some of these DCs as rinse outs.

NaturallyATLPCH

So, you're not liking this any better uh?:nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow :
Co-Cleanse: Hairitage Dark Honey Cleansing Conditioner
Cowash: Garnier "Fall Fight"
Tea Rinse: Rosemary & Sage Tea(s)
Steam: LACE Bramhi or Darcy's Deep Conditioning Mask
Leave-In & Dry under dryer
After it dries: PALTAS BKC

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH

So, you're not liking this any better uh?:nono:

Well IDareT'sHair, I haven't tried it as a DC yet, but honestly, between BASK, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl, and SSI that I'm going to order for Black Friday, I really don't have a desire to try DCs. It may work well for one, but I want to use it up faster so it will be a rinse out for now.

Now, if it makes my hair soft as a rinse out, I may use it to DC.

But it seems now my obsession since I cut my hair are gels and gel stylers. :lol:

You know I will report back on it once I use it either way. The best way for me to tell if a DC will soften my hair is if I rub it in my hand. If it softens my hair, it usually softens my hand. I did a test with this DC and it was just...meh. We shall see.