Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

ckisland

sorry to hear that. I just brought some ecostyler I haven't tried it yet. You may want to try the cantu define and shine custard. It's not really a gel it's has almost a gel like consistency but it's more like snot for lack of a better description. I've purchased it from walmart and cvs. It's usually cheaper at walmart usually around $5.76 for a 12 oz jar. I pair it with cantu curl activator. Once it dries my hair very soft to the touch. I do not experience a crunch like with gel.

I actually went through a jar of the Cantu Custard, and I remember liking it :yep:. I did try the activator first, like awhile ago, and my hair HATED it :nono:

I've been using Aussie Moist as my leave-in, sealed with a little grease :look:, and my hair has been soooooo soft with pretty good definition :yep:. My hair is still really short, so I don't need gel yet to prevent ssks. I've really been feeling my hair. I should take pics :lol:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I actually went through a jar of the Cantu Custard, and I remember liking it :yep:. I did try the activator first, like awhile ago, and my hair HATED it :nono: I've been using Aussie Moist as my leave-in, sealed with a little grease :look:, and my hair has been soooooo soft with pretty good definition :yep:. My hair is still really short, so I don't need gel yet to prevent ssks. I've really been feeling my hair. I should take pics :lol:
you should definitely take some pics and upload them.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Second day wng using Aussie Instant freeze :) I like it well enough, but it almost tightens my curls... Seems to cause a bit more shrinkage than my botanical gels. Anyway, I used the last of it so I'll be working with my tube of Garnier PC. I love my fsg but it's great to know I can find these while traveling or in a pinch! Sent from my
View attachment 282559
iPhone using LHCF

I absolutely LOVE the fullness of your hair:love2:

SweetlyCurly

Beautiful!

I am too afraid to try a wash n go on days I have to go to work so I may read through this thread and try something tomorrow.

I hear ya. The only perk about being unemployed during the time I chopped was having the time to experiment with styles that worked. By the time I started working I had my routine down pat. Now thankfully, I can wash in the morning before work. My routing will take a good 30-40 minutes from beginning to end and I know that I can just get up and go and my hair will look good. Again, this wasn't overnight....It's been a little over a year since I chopped.

ckisland

I just went back through some of MahoganyCurls's old videos!! Sweet baby Jesus, her hair has come so far :lick:. I'm going to be following her regimen to the glorious WL hair :grin:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Even though I've dropped out of the official challenge, I did a WNG today out of necessity. While I'm not winning any beauty contests, I literally did wash and go. I shampooed, once with Ouidad Oil Cleanser and applied my KT leave-in and done. My hair is not as defined but I can still see my curls and it is soft, soft, soft. Still shrinks like crazy but I'm in love with my naturally curly hair!

krissyhair

I'm gonna wash out my curl former set tomorrow with a cowash. I'm thinking biolage ultra hydrasource because it lathers up and I only need a little of it to work up my whole hair.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Ha! You finally went for it! How are you liking it?
I like it. I went to salon yesterday had her use their Jane carter and hated it had her wash it out and use something else. When I got home I had received my package of Jane carter I had ordered. I was debating on just sending it back or selling it. I decided to try it out myself and I love it. I think I'm at the point where I do my hair better than the hair dresser. I think from here on out I will only go to hair dresser for color services and to get straight heat styles.

BillsBackerz67

Getting great results using Trader Joes nourish spa conditioner on wet hair. paddle bush to distribute, and smooth in brown ampro styling gel with hands section by section. Diffuse slightly. This lasted about a week and my hair didn't feel dry at all. I don't think my wash n go hair likes oil based moisturizers or curling creams. Hair always feel dry after I use them.

Attachments

• image-4108074152.jpg
    image-4108074152.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 175

krissyhair

I did a fake wash and go this morning. I sprayed my hair with cold water until it was damp enough to detangle. Then I finger combed some leave-in condish through, parted it and pinned it to the side.

MissMusic

Wash n go with KCCC and Shea Moisture Curl &Style milk from the hibiscus line. This is 2nd Day hair and I lurves it, I now understand the KCCC hype.

Attachments

• image-2833084575.jpg
    image-2833084575.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3305841420.jpg
    image-3305841420.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 101

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I used Jane carter again and I really like it. I would definitely purchase again.

Attachments

• image-836640601.jpg
    image-836640601.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1128878287.jpg
    image-1128878287.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 76

BillsBackerz67

This time I used the trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner as a leave in plus the ampro gel. It's much lighter than the nourish spa conditioner. I absolutely hate mint conditioners but I sucked it up and tried it because it was so cheap and very few people have anything bad to say about it lol. Luckily for me the mint didn't linger at all so I'll continue to use it as a leave in. I used less gel this time around so it wouldn't be so ramen noodle like the first few days. This is day 3. I normally don't use gel but after being on this hair board for 11 years I no longer get excited about doing my hair. It allows my wash n goes to last a week instead of 2 days if I did not use it. I'm hoping it will help curb ssks too. We'll see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 136

BillsBackerz67

BillsBackerz67, OMG!! You're hair :shocked:!! I am definitely trying out my ampro gel now :yep: My wash n'go at the end of the day.

Try it! If ur not into washing ur hair constantly like I am it may work for you. I've been using it for a month now and I've had no dryness issues. I think as long as I deep condition like I'm supposed to the gel should have no ill effects.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I really like this Jane Carter curl defining cream. I want to try their hydrating conditioner as well. Has anyone used the conditioner or paired the cream with a different conditioner?

Attachments

• image-3455177586.jpg
    image-3455177586.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 105

SweetlyCurly

I really like this Jane Carter curl defining cream. I want to try their hydrating conditioner as well. Has anyone used the conditioner or paired the cream with a different conditioner?

I use the conditioner (highest of HGs), the creamy leave in and the curling cream....absolutely love all three. Will stock on her products if there's a good BF sale

SweetlyCurly

I first tried it a while back during a 40% off sale and loved it. Thank God I got 3 then. During a recent 40% off I bought 3 more. Shou

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
[USER=408053]SweetlyCurly[/USER];20768551 said:
I use the conditioner (highest of HGs), the creamy leave in and the curling cream....absolutely love all three. Will stock on her products if there's a good BF sale

She had a 40% off sale on her site. Not sure how long it lasts. Her BF sale was 40%, then 30% last year. I bought 2 curling creams during the most recent sale too. I already had 1.

ckisland

I was feeling frisky today, so I just used a little bit of rice bran oil and slathered on pink Ecostyler gel. I love how it looks, and it dried faster for some reason than when I leave-in conditioner :spinning:. I actually when back and kinda shingled in more gel in spots, and the results reminded me why I don't bother shingling. It doesn't make much of a difference in the amount of definition I'll get. I have curls and coils, but there's a LOT of fluff and kink in between :lachen: . Hopefully I can get 2nd or 3rd day hair out of this :yep:

20141113_163903.jpg

20141113_163802-1.jpg

20141113_163709.jpg