Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic&Powders Challenge 2014

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Thanks for the mention! I plan to continue to henndigo and use AVJ throughout 2014, I also want to incorporate tea rinses by using teas like burdock root, slippery elm and black. I'm going to order some more bamboo leaf tea but will consume that as oppose to rinsing with it.

Rozlewis

Did a tea rinse with Rooibos, Fenugreek, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Nettle, and Peppermint. Hair feels soft, strong and moisturized.

Beamodel

Currently have a fenugreek mask on. First time using the powder version, I normally use the tea. I don't smell curry anything. Just a light hint of maple syrup

Fenugreek powder made into a paste is a hit. I let the mixture sit over night added a little bit of oil and applied it to dry hair this morning. I smelled a light maple smell and I barely lost any shed hairs.

I like fenugreek (powder or tea rinse) way better than black tea.

Black tea tore my hair up. Left it extra dry and seriously tangled.

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Omg. Speaking of the smell. I had prepoo overnight with fenugreek and amla oils. Forgot it was on yesterday and ran out to target.

Girls working the floor asking each other, "do you smell maple syrup? Where is it coming from?" I try to scurry away to another section and the little trollops follow sniffing the air!! Looking very hungry :lachen:

Then im in line and the cashier half my age looks at me and exclaims, "YOU SMELL LIKE MAPLE SYRUP!! I AM SO HUNGRY!" She leans over the check stand face aimed right for my head, and I pop backwards horrified this little girl is gonna start munching my fro!!! It was all too reminiscent of these zombie apocalypse movies. :nono:

I high tail it outta there terrified for my life :rofl:

ronie

Thanks for the tag. I stopped posting in the 2013 thread cause i stopped using black tea rinse. It worked great at stopping my shedding. Since the reason of my shedding was/is oiling my scalp or using any type of growth aids (ie hair vitamins), i just stopped doing all of that. Therefore no more need to rinse.
I recently ordered some cassia and amla powder from hennasooq, but then my hair started acting up. So i'm waiting for things to settle again, before introducing anything new. So this year, i will be experimenting with the ayuverdic products.

naturalagain2

Thanks for tagging me! I can't wait to get back to tea rinsing and henna now that I have relaxed hair. I plan on doing my first tea rinse for the yr on Friday.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Rinsed with my cleansing brew of aritha, shikakai, alma, and something else but I can't remember now.

Imoan

I am so IN.........I will continue to do henna/amla once every two months, ACV rinse 2 times a month, oil scalp w/Vadik Herbs Brahmi-Amla Oil 2times a week. I still drink bamboo-T twice a day. :)...

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Omg. Speaking of the smell. I had prepoo overnight with fenugreek and amla oils. Forgot it was on yesterday and ran out to target. Girls working the floor asking each other, "do you smell maple syrup? Where is it coming from?" I try to scurry away to another section and the little trollops follow sniffing the air!! Looking very hungry :lachen: Then im in line and the cashier half my age looks at me and exclaims, "YOU SMELL LIKE MAPLE SYRUP!! I AM SO HUNGRY!" She leans over the check stand face aimed right for my head, and I pop backwards horrified this little girl is gonna start munching my fro!!! It was all too reminiscent of these zombie apocalypse movies. :nono: I high tail it outta there terrified for my life :rofl: ____________ *.~.*Sent from a distant Galaxy in the Unicorn-verse*.~.*

HaHa! This is too funny, I pictured the whole story, lol! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rozlewis

Wow, I drink 4 of those teas religiously and the other two go straight in my hair. Lol Good luck Rozlewis :)

Solila, I have been using this combination for several months now and it works well for my hair. I use it on wash day and only co-wash day and its heavenly. Leaves hair strong and moisturized.

BranwenRosewood

I forgot to start the fenugreek paste last night :cry2:. I'm gonna brew some nettle tea to rinse with when I finish drinking my chai tea.

Ltown

Greyland
I use tea mix once a month or as needed, i will be using:
Black, green tea bags
Nettle
Horsetail
Marshmallow
Fenugreek(have powder, don't know if i will be mixing too much work)

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I will continue with my ACV/tea tree rinse. This helps tremendously with my scalp eczema

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steeping Fenugreek for tomorrow. Threw a Rosemary Tea Bag in there for no good reason.

Will do a CAT tomorrow.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I forgot to start the fenugreek paste last night :cry2:. I'm gonna brew some nettle tea to rinse with when I finish drinking my chai tea.

You trying to soak overnight? Why not try making the paste and using it right away? I know the mucilage is sought after, but....*shrug* won't hurt to try it...

That's my plan. Seemed to work great straight up in henna anyway.

BranwenRosewood

DarkJoy I wanted to soak it overnight for the mucilage. I'm going to experiment with doing it both ways. I just want to be able to rinse it out without having to cowash to get every bit of it out afterwards.