Please Share Pics of Your Protective Styles Here

MaraWithLove

Very simply braided (because otherwise is too much work and time for this thick mane :look:)

Also the picture in my signature is a full weave ps from last April.

Attachments

• 2012-02-21 19.26.05.jpg
    2012-02-21 19.26.05.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 451
  • 2012-02-21 19.17.34.jpg
    2012-02-21 19.17.34.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 501
  • 2012-02-21 19.17.56.jpg
    2012-02-21 19.17.56.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 454

Allandra

@Allandra - I have been debating on if I want to wear my hair like urs and I think im going to do it this weekend. I haven't yet decided on if I want to flat twist or braid. the only problem I have, well this is a major problem. Mt hair isn't long like all of the pictures in this thread, lol. My hair is thick as heck but only comes to my collar bone now, lol.
natural2008

Hey girlie, give it a try. It only takes a few minutes. I always do this style on wet hair. Please share some pics if you give it a try. :)

tiajanae

My protective style for today. :)

Attachments

• image-520354230.jpg
    image-520354230.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 543
  • image-4276067416.jpg
    image-4276067416.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 539
  • image-1284491830.jpg
    image-1284491830.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 662

lynnstar

These styles are so PRETTY!! :yep: Feeling inspired

I like your flat-twist style, @Allandra
I really need to practice flat-twisting. Mine don't look neat.

Here are just a few of the protective styles I wear regularly - mostly buns. My hair does fine with daily re-styling. The only time I wear a bun for two days is when my hair is in it's curly state. After two days, I co-wash and restyle. Most of these pics are with blowdried or flatironed hair because when my hair is curly I only wear a messy bun. I have pictures of another 30 or so in my profile albums.

BlueNile

Here are pics of one of my favorite protective styles (two flat twists, pinned up on the sides).

After I wash, deep condition and moisturize my hair, I do this style in the shower (only takes a few minutes), and I'll put my scarf on at night. In the mornings, I'll mist it with plain ole water. This style can last me from five to seven days (yes, it'll still look nice and neat).

Please share pics of your protective styles here.

Hi Allandra! What is your hair type? I think you might be a hair twin for me, lol. I have never been able to decide what my type was (my guess is 4a though) but my texture looks alot like yours. That's a great protective style

proudofmynaps

I like your flat-twist style, Allandra
I really need to practice flat-twisting. Mine don't look neat.

Here are just a few of the protective styles I wear regularly - mostly buns. My hair does fine with daily re-styling. The only time I wear a bun for two days is when my hair is in it's curly state. After two days, I co-wash and restyle. Most of these pics are with blowdried or flatironed hair because when my hair is curly I only wear a messy bun. I have pictures of another 30 or so in my profile albums.

I'm going to need a tutorial for that high bun. It is too cute.

Georgia

Hello All! :hiya: (Long-time lurker, recent subscriber).

This is the closest thing to a protective style that I have been wearing in recent weeks. I pulled the sides of my hair up and pinned them down, tucking in the ends. Please excuse the extra bobby pin in my hair in the last pic, I didn't realize it was there until later. The back of my hair is tucked under with bobby pins to protect my ends, almost like a faux bobb. It could have been done a little neater but I hope you get the idea.

bigbrowneyez

This has been my protective style since Dec. PS, I love all the bun styles you ladies have put up! So beautiful!

Attachments

• protective style.jpg
    protective style.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 511

coracao

Hello All! :hiya: (Long-time lurker, recent subscriber).

This is the closest thing to a protective style that I have been wearing in recent weeks. I pulled the sides of my hair up and pinned them down, tucking in the ends. Please excuse the extra bobby pin in my hair in the last pic, I didn't realize it was there until later. The back of my hair is tucked under with bobby pins to protect my ends, almost like a faux bobb. It could have been done a little neater but I hope you get the idea.

This looks cute. Was it very easy to do?

Taking notes...

Georgia

This looks cute. Was it very easy to do?

Taking notes...

Thanks! It was very easy. Pinning up a section of your hair from each side kind of creates a natural "hump", at least on my hair which is currently grazing shoulder length. Then just tuck the ends under in the back with bobby pins. A nice bun in the back would probably also be cute.

Majestye

Allandra said:
Here are pics of one of my favorite protective styles (two flat twists, pinned up on the sides).

After I wash, deep condition and moisturize my hair, I do this style in the shower (only takes a few minutes), and I'll put my scarf on at night. In the mornings, I'll mist it with plain ole water. This style can last me from five to seven days (yes, it'll still look nice and neat).

Please share pics of your protective styles here.

Allandra.... I wore my hair like that all summer and fall. My problem came in the fall, I guess it for dry, but my hair got very fuzzy, even though I tied it up at night. I had a lot of short hairs in the middle like breakage. How do you keep the fuzz down and keep of smooth without redoing it every other day? I do 4 cornrows now and still get fuzz. I try to only take my hair down once a week

Allandra

@Allandra.... I wore my hair like that all summer and fall. My problem came in the fall, I guess it for dry, but my hair got very fuzzy, even though I tied it up at night. I had a lot of short hairs in the middle like breakage. How do you keep the fuzz down and keep of smooth without redoing it every other day? I do 4 cornrows now and still get fuzz. I try to only take my hair down once a week
Majestye

I just tie it up at night, and in the morning I mist it with plain water. Also, I don't toss and turn at night (so that probably helps). My mom (RIP) used to say I was the neatest sleeper she knew lol.

trendsetta25

my 3/4 wig (made by me)

this is my Kinky Curly one

this is my Brazilian Wavy one

For those who may not know...my YT channel shows you how to make one. :grin: