Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Evolving78

I honestly feel like I should do just that. I have never had short hair so for me to be considering cutting it off says a lot :ohwell:

My hair has been so unruly lately. Like I have been buying some very pricey conditioners and it hates them all. I have no idea what the problem is. I dont really protective style anymore but a wig doesnt sound all that bad right about now :yawn:
I feel like that when I have protein overload. I think you should relax. That helped me tremendously to open up my cuticles to get the moisture and nutrients my hair needed. They were so sealed, and straw like, that nothing was able to penetrate. After that I put a little Castile soap in my conditioner to help. Just a capful. I also used products with no protein for awhile.

sharifeh

I honestly feel like I should do just that. I have never had short hair so for me to be considering cutting it off says a lot :ohwell:

My hair has been so unruly lately. Like I have been buying some very pricey conditioners and it hates them all. I have no idea what the problem is. I dont really protective style anymore but a wig doesnt sound all that bad right about now :yawn:

do you clarify ever?

Chrismiss

I think I'm 10 weeks into my relaxer now. I 'm pretty sure my last relaxer was between Christmas and New Year's Eve. I've got 3-4 weeks to go before next one.

SuchaLady

I feel like that when I have protein overload. I think you should relax. That helped me tremendously to open up my cuticles to get the moisture and nutrients my hair needed. They were so sealed, and straw like, that nothing was able to penetrate. After that I put a little Castile soap in my conditioner to help. Just a capful. I also used products with no protein for awhile.

I don't use much protein so it's not that. I think I've been trying too many conditioners back to back that didn't give as much moisture as my regular products.

ArrrBeee

I've been natural after I bc'd 3 years ago. Hair has been in crochet braids and weaves the majority of the time.

I'm ready to relax again. Should I do it myself or try to find someone?

Aggie

I've been natural after I bc'd 3 years ago. Hair has been in crochet braids and weaves the majority of the time.

Personally I would find someone. Make sure it's someone trustworthy though. When I tried to relax my hair after going natural, my hair ended up texlaxed. Turned out, I liked it and today I am still texlaxed. If you want straight results, maybe see a professional stylist.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I would let someone do it. A professional. They will know where to start the process, so you won't get poodle hair.

sharifeh

is there any truth to the idea that you shouldnt work out directly after relaxing? I never believed it because I dont believe you can sweat out a chemical...but just wondering because im scheduling my relaxer but i have some intense workouts coming up including a half marathon

demlew

is there any truth to the idea that you shouldnt work out directly after relaxing? I never believed it because I dont believe you can sweat out a chemical...but just wondering because im scheduling my relaxer but i have some intense workouts coming up including a half marathon

I've only heard to avoid exercise prior in order to not open your pores. As far as after, I would imagine it's because of sweating/the need to wash your hair. I've washed my hair the same day because I didn't like the finished look. No harm done. Good luck with your half marathon! I've finished 15 of them. I think I'm done lol

Aggie

I've only heard to avoid exercise prior in order to not open your pores. As far as after, I would imagine it's because of sweating/the need to wash your hair. I've washed my hair the same day because I didn't like the finished look. No harm done. Good luck with your half marathon! I've finished 15 of them. I think I'm done lol
I agree with @demlew.

sharifeh

I agree with @demlew.

thank you both!

MzSwift

Almost 16 weeks post. Slowly taking down these mini braids that have been in for about 2 months. Thinking about holding off on the texlax until mid-May. I think I'm gonna do Bantu knot outs for a little while. With a newborn it'll be easier to rock the knots around the house and then rock the curls whenever we go out.

irsgirl

I am 19 weeks post. I didn't realize it had been this long since my last relaxer! I have been working out and wearING my hair in a phony pony of some sort.
I normally self relax,but think I will let the salon do my next touch with whatever mild relaxer they use#

Sanity

Cosmetologist
Heres my update. I took a video then screenshot the length pic. Hair pics are difficult when there's not any help around. lol so I am on the 7 line. 1 more line for my goal (BSL-for 2017). Then I will start chasing MBL until the winter. I will take my pic down later tonight, (pic isn't watermarked). I will inbox to those who want to see my progress.