Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

faithVA

It's one of the best DCs I've ever used. I'm SO mad that I used all mine up in the challenge though. I'm trying my best not to buy any since I have other DCs I can use, but I miss it so :sad:

I am going to try it. I bought the Kenra conditioner instead. I like that its thick. It makes my hair feel so so. I really,really, really like the Taliaah Waajid conditioner. So when I do try this Silk Element out I will be comparing it to that.

faithVA

overnight conditioning does nothing for my hair

I've never tried it even though people rave about it. My scalp starts to burn if I keep anything on it too long. So I have been afraid to try this. And I will follow my instinct and skip it.

Anakinsmomma

Why did I relax my hair today? I looks so thin. :-(. So I'm not going crazy, my hair did thin. Good thing I got my thyroid checked this morning...

Janet'

Had a little outpatient procedure...got the week of of work!!!! I need my hair to grow already...

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I don't really like the results of re-braiding or re-twisting a twistout or a braidout. my hair gets far too stretched and looks weird to me. i don't know why I did that last night and I know what happens. from now on, just gonna stick with my satin bonnet method.

another hair RT: what in the hayell am I gonna do to my hair for this weekend? I'm in a play and I'm helping orchestrate a black student leadership conference. I need something that'll stay cute Friday-Sunday. The director of the play seems to want it curly/nappy. flexi-rod set? braid n curl? argh.

JJamiah

Tried Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturzing treatment and it was THE BOMB!!!!!!!
AND IT SMELLS DELICIOUS!!!! Why did I not try this before. I am glad I got it for 6.99 instead of the reg price of 10.99
I can't wait for it to go on sale again so I can get 3 more.

Whoever has not tried this needs to get it.
Myjourney2009 I don't know how long you left yours on. I use the Conditioning self heating cap and I walk around doing my house chores, I find that when I leave it on longer, THE SILKIER My hair is (I leave it on for about 2 hours). And yes it does smell delicious. :) I love it. I have one tub open and one new tub. I pray it goes on sale soon :pray:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
@Myjourney2009 I don't know how long you left yours on. I use the Conditioning self heating cap and I walk around doing my house chores, I find that when I leave it on longer, THE SILKIER My hair is (I leave it on for about 2 hours). And yes it does smell delicious. :) I love it. I have one tub open and one new tub. I pray it goes on sale soon :pray:

@JJamiah

I left mine on for 15 min no heat then 20 min with heat. SCORE!!!! I have one of those caps but couldn't find it :sad:.

I hope it goes on sale soon as well. I was surprised to see the reg price is 10.99. Everytime I have seen it before the price was 7.99 and 6.49 with the card.

I got mine from the Sallys in Queens I have to take 3 trains and a bus :spinning:. It takes only over a bit for than an hr so its not too bad.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Had a little outpatient procedure...got the week of of work!!!! I need my hair to grow already...

Yay to being off work. Yay to being on the other side of the side of the procedure. Wishing you a speedy recovery. And make good use of this time...hairwise. ;)

CurlsBazillion

yeah I guess I'm convinced now! I'm on my way to Sally's to get that Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment. Like I need another DC, smh

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I may have to use one of my passes in the Use Up Your Stash challenge to go get it...but it's a staple so I may not have to use it. Hmmm

faithVA

I may have to use one of my passes in the Use Up Your Stash challenge to go get it...but it's a staple so I may not have to use it. Hmmm

We voted no for the No Pass Needed for Staples. If you haven't used your April pass then you are ok until Saturday.

PPGbubbles

senagalese twists were a fail. I now realize that I HATE the way regular braiding hair looks.

back to my trusted boh braz quickweave for cabo.

shasha8685

That Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is the best natural and sulfate free shampoo that I have ever used for my hair.

I think my beloved Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo has been replaced...

faithVA

That Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo is the best natural and sulfate free shampoo that I have ever used for my hair.

I think my beloved Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo has been replaced...

hmm - that is good to know. I just bought the Elast QP Soy Oyl and I really like it. I may have to try out the Shea Moisture when I finish it up. It's a very large bottle though, so it may be a few months. :yep:

Embyra

done a cowash for the first time ever ....cant lie it felt so good:yep::lick: long live tresmme naturals!

Last edited:

shasha8685

hmm - that is good to know. I just bought the Elast QP Soy Oyl and I really like it. I may have to try out the Shea Moisture when I finish it up. It's a very large bottle though, so it may be a few months. :yep:

You should definitely try it when you get the chance to! This shampoo didn't strip my hair and it left my hair feeling very moisturized (unlike Kinky Curly Come Clean or Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo--I'm still mad about those purchases) :yep:

NikkiQ

We voted no for the No Pass Needed for Staples. If you haven't used your April pass then you are ok until Saturday.

Yay!!!!!! I'll stop on my way home to get a jar. Prepping my hair tonight for kinky twists tomorrow.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
senagalese twists were a fail. I now realize that I HATE the way regular braiding hair looks.

back to my trusted boh braz quickweave for cabo.

i tried once with regular braiding hair, and it was a mess!! i just couldn't get them to look neat. then i used the kinkytwist bulk hair, and that worked out really well.

faithVA

You should definitely try it when you get the chance to! This shampoo didn't strip my hair and it left my hair feeling very moisturized (unlike Kinky Curly Come Clean or Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo--I'm still mad about those purchases) :yep:

Does it feel differently than the Elasta QP or are do they feel about the same but you are moving away from the sulfates?

NikkiQ

Getting it done by a salon? Are you blow drying it yourself before you go?

Found a kitchentician to do them for me lol. Yeah I'm gonna do an Aphogee 2-min treatment tonight followed by a LONG moisturizing DC and blow it out on low heat after airdrying in twists.

faithVA

Found a kitchentician to do them for me lol. Yeah I'm gonna do an Aphogee 2-min treatment tonight followed by a LONG moisturizing DC and blow it out on low heat after airdrying in twists.

Enjoy. Hope they come out wonderfully.

I may join you at the end of May. I bought the hair two months ago. I haven't decided yet.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I want to flat iron my hair so it can blow in the wind and folks can smell all this deliciousness from my silk elements conditoner

Aviah

Failed my no heat challenge, and loving that silky, smoooth flat iron job.
Made me realize my ends were a mess. I promise to flat iron more often!

Janet'

Yay to being off work. Yay to being on the other side of the side of the procedure. Wishing you a speedy recovery. And make good use of this time...hairwise. ;)

Thanks faithVA NJoy!!! Let's just say that hopefully, I will be :look: :look: SITTING pretty :look: :look: Which body part really rules the body...hmm, I can tell you....

Hairwise, let's just say less is more right now...hopefully, when my other areas feel better, I will feel like maneuvering with my hair!!!!

IMFOCSD

GET IT, GET IT, GET IT :lick:

I wish it was on sale :sad:

But alas I must wait for my beloved.

Since I've switched my hair stuff for the spring through the end of fall my hiar has just been acting wonderfully YEAH. Boy of Boy if I had my APL hair now......:yep:

You have so motivated me to buy this conditioner again lol...i was thinkin of getn some more of my beloved pantene relaxed & natural....smells great also. If i can remember correctly the silk elements is thicker & gives more slip.