Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

15 weeks post! Today's wash day was a hit. I'm stretching for yet another week.

kikisf

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

divachyk if i am coming out of cornrows etc. yes but if i am just bunning or a braid out no i wait till it is soaked with conditioner

divachyk

kikisf as a tangly haired girl, it's a must that I detangle before washing. I always use mane & tail. If I don't pre-detanlge, it's really heck to pay.

Beamodel

I will! I've wondered if there was a difference between BSS brands and the professional brands, seems like there is. I need to decide quick though because I'm like 19 weeks :blush: Do you use the other parts of system like the shampoo and strengthening serum?

emada

I use the neutralizing shampoo and the Reconstructor as well. I prefer using this particular professional brand over BSS.

xu93texas

Beamodel,
Can you list the exact products that you use in the exact order?

I used Affirm Fiberguard Relaxer (I got my hair done by another stylist while on vacation last time) and I want to switch to it long term. My stylist doesn't use this line so I'm going to purchase the products myself and bring to the salon.

Beamodel

Beamodel, Can you list the exact products that you use in the exact order? I used Affirm Fiberguard Relaxer (I got my hair done by another stylist while on vacation last time) and I want to switch to it long term. My stylist doesn't use this line so I'm going to purchase the products myself and bring to the salon.

@xu9texas

All from the Affirm Professional Line
Affirm Fiberguard Mild
5 n 1 reconstructor
Neutralizing Shampoo

Then I use various DC's, leaven in's snd oil's to seal with.

Affirm Fiberguard has made such a dramatic difference in my hair. I feel like my hair is substantially healthier & stronger. I truly wish I would have switched sooner.

My last three relaxers has been with Affirm Finerguard.

HTH

Evolving78

I'm 15 weeks post today. I'll relax next month.
i will 2 weeks and some change behind you! I'm still working on braiding my hair. I was busy with kids, so I only braided 8 cornrows so far. I was really being a perfectionist with my parting, but I this point, I just want to get it done.

xu93texas

i will 2 weeks and some change behind you! I'm still working on braiding my hair. I was busy with kids, so I only braided 8 cornrows so far. I was really being a perfectionist with my parting, but I this point, I just want to get it done.

I can't wait to see the finished look!

PureSilver

11 weeks post as of yesterday 8/9 weeks to go

SuchaLady

1 :giggle: I relaxed last Friday. Think I may do 24 or 32 weeks this time. Not sure.

Love2Live

I am 9.5 weeks post. I just finished braiding my hair so this will take me to at least twelve weeks. When I take them out I may wash and redo them to get me to 14 weeks. I had major breakage in the back left side of my hair so I want to keep my hands out of my head for a while. Trying to keep it as low maintenance as possible. I also don't mind that it is FREE. lol This is my first time braiding my own hair and all though it's not perfect, it will keep getting better every time :)

Attachments

• IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_3078.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 45

Lilmama1011

I am 9.5 weeks post. I just finished braiding my hair so this will take me to at least twelve weeks. When I take them out I may wash and redo them to get me to 14 weeks. I had major breakage in the back left side of my hair so I want to keep my hands out of my head for a while. Trying to keep it as low maintenance as possible. I also don't mind that it is FREE. lol This is my first time braiding my own hair and all though it's not perfect, it will keep getting better every time :)

Looks perfect to me

Love2Live

Looks perfect to me

Thanks Lilmama1011!! Usually nothing gets done to my head unless I am at the salon so I am trying to learn to take care of it myself so I can save some money.:yep:

xu93texas

You did a great job!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm 16.5 weeks post. This is probably the longest I've gone, maybe 17 but things will certainly begin to get real I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

divachyk

16 weeks and whoo chile this wash was eventful. I will give it one more week. If next wash was like this wash...it's a wrap.

kikisf

sunnieb divachyk I tried all your suggestions when I washed my hair today and I'm like "What new growth?" thank you both so much!!

divachyk

kikisf That's soooooooo awesome! What new steps did you implement to make things go smoother?