Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Karmi

My hair in a wash n go puff. I co-washed once this week (tuesday) and used Eco styler clear. I was so lazy this week.

I try not to do puffs often anymore they pull on my edges. I love the look but i can see things going downhill quickly. I don't use brushes to get me hair laid, just water, a little gel and a silk scarf. Also, I soak my stocking in oil ( tip from a LHCF member). But still my edges can't handle this style often.

image-3437778846.jpg

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
My hair in a wash n go puff. I co-washed once this week (tuesday) and used Eco styler clear. I was so lazy this week. I try not to do puffs often anymore they pull on my edges. I love the look but i can see things going downhill quickly. I don't use brushes to get me hair laid, just water, a little gel and a silk scarf. Also, I soak my stocking in oil ( tip from a LHCF member). But still my edges can't handle this style often.
Very pretty

Last edited:

krissyhair

I got a 1-2 inch trim today. It'll take a while to grow it back, but I needed it.

Cowashing and bunning will help.

beauti

did a prepoo this morning that left my hair sooo soft. Followed that with a dc using one n'only mask and oil rinse using coconut oil. Then decided to do a conditioner only wash and go using suave Shea Butter and almond. Let's see how this dries...

Attachments

• 2014-10-24 16.14.00.jpg
    2014-10-24 16.14.00.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 2014-10-24 16.10.18.jpg
    2014-10-24 16.10.18.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2014-10-24 15.25.30.jpg
    2014-10-24 15.25.30.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 83

oneastrocurlie

No updates really. Other than Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel has been a favorite of mine in the last couple days. Think I'll use my J.Monique Mud Wash again this weekend.

Joigirl

I've had to wear a bun all week. I am presenting compliance training to my firm and wanted to have a very professional appearance. San Francisco this week and New York next week. I am so ready to go home, wash, and detangle my hair. I can't even imagine how difficult detangling will be... I miss my curls.

ckisland

stephanie75miller, what are you using from the Cantu natural line? I really liked the curling custard, but I haven't tried anything else.

I didn't missed a day of washing my hair, but it looks pretty okay and it's still really soft :yep:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
ckisland I have the moisturizing curl activator cream, define & shine custard, and complete conditioning cowash.

Attachments

• image-2040091613.jpg
    image-2040091613.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 63

beauti

stephanie75miller did you do a review for each of the cantu products? I use the curl cream and its very moisturizing. Yesterday I bought the define and shine custard. They didn't have the curl activating cream. I want to try that, their deep conditioning mask, and moisturizing rinse out conditioner

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
beauti I used the products everyday this week and I think they were a success. I Cowashed every morning then I layered the define & shine custard with the curl activator. I did notice today I have white flakes but I think I was a little heavy handed when I applied the products yesterday. I did not notice flakes yesterday or any other day for that matter I think it's noticeable today because I have done my hair yet. This maybe a problem for people that don't cowash everyday. I plan to get the coconut curl cream today and try it out tomorrow. I have to say I'm pretty happy with this line so far.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I have been struggling to find my go to cleanser...I had almost resigned myself to Wen because I love that stuff and my hair does too...hate the price! TJM has this wall of products and I thought I'd give one a try after reading the ingredients. Prosys organic conditioner is now my fav conditioner for cleansing. That stuff is da bom! My hair feels soft and my scalp feels clean with no additional product and at 10 bucks for 33oz, it's a steal. I'm going back and get all they have.

image-3582309430.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1 where did you purchase? I have never seen this.
TJMaxx. I had never heard of it either but like I said I have been looking for my Wen replacement. I'm a PJ so I've tried anything and everything...even Cantu. I love the way Cantu smells but my hair didn't feel or look like I would have liked. I didn't even have to buy the Cantu because my DH loves that stuff and he did, I was glad I didn't. They had a shampoo too but I didn't really want a shampoo.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1 that conditioner is definitely moisturizing..you used it as a cleansing conditioner? I didn't know it was cleansing
I didn't either, I just took a chance and used it that way. I felt great on my scalp and hair and my 4-something hair felt like the proverbial butta that I've heard talk of after I rinsed. It was sooooo incredibly soft. I brought it home and looked it up. Apparently it's been around for a while.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Here is my hair today used the cantu define & shine and the cantu curl activator.

Attachments

• image-3719923580.jpg
    image-3719923580.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2060998745.jpg
    image-2060998745.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3163482600.jpg
    image-3163482600.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 93

beauti

MissMusic does your flaxseed gel...stink? :look: I made it once and that flaxseed smell stayed in my hair! People rave about it so much and I always wonder how do they cope with the smell

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
a wash and go from sometime this week. who knows which day, my week felt more like 3 lol

Attachments

• IMAG1744 (1).jpg
    IMAG1744 (1).jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG1736.jpg
    IMAG1736.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 82

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
My sister helped me put mini twists in my hairas a postpartum gift, so I'll be lurking only for a few weeks

Mz.MoMo5235

Ugh!!! I need help! Finally got my hair braided but the braider did ONE thing that totally ticked me off and now I'm trying to see if there is a way to fix it.

First off, I really like the braids. She did them the size I wanted, she was gentle with my edges, and she did the job for a great price... So what's the problem right?

SHE BURNT MY ENDS!!! I specifically said at the beginning that I did not want my ends burnt. Not sure what happened, must have been because I was there FOREVER and she spaced it but my ends are burnt and now I feel like I'm 12 years old again lol

Does anyone know of any tips to fix this? I was thinking to just cut the burnt tips off and dip in boiling water to set like what should have happened from the get go but then I thought it probably wont solve my problem because now the ends of the braids will be blunt and not look quite right.

If anyone has any advise please share. (and you know I'm posting this in every thread I can think of lol)