Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Mmfood

i washed and deep conditioned then rollerset using the ponytail method for 11 months post new growth. It came out okay but it hurt to sleep in and air drying takes forever so ill use that style sparingly. On another note i have sworn off biotin since it broke me out again. Id rather have my hair growing at its natural pace than try to speed it up at the price of bad looking skin.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

wth........

Reason why I rather have someone install my crotchet takes too much time.

that's why I decided to texlax. I finished braiding my hair, got started with the crocheting and felt it was some bs. I wasn't about that life anymore! Lol hope yours turns out good!

I didn't feel like blowdrying this hair so it airdried and got tangly at the roots so I has to part with my fingers then moisturize then part with the comb. Pause to breastfeed, pause to eat, pause to play with my son. OMG if only I had a remote to pause everything so I could finish faster!

Evolving78

I didn't feel like blowdrying this hair so it airdried and got tangly at the roots so I has to part with my fingers then moisturize then part with the comb. Pause to breastfeed, pause to eat, pause to play with my son. OMG if only I had a remote to pause everything so I could finish faster!
exactly! There was no way I was going to finish in a timely manner! I don't have the time to play braid/beauty shop. I would have to lose the little sleep I get!

Evolving78

I got some hair confidence again, but I'm not about to get cocky! I will wear my hair down today, then go back to my protective styling. I didn't get another mini flat iron, so I don't know what to do about my wig. I got another one, but she needs to be washed too. I guess I will wash her tomorrow

Evolving78

The creme of nature Eden repairing oil is so light. A little too light.. It maybe good for air drying, heat styling, and smoothing fly always. I can't wait for wash day again! I just feel like deep conditioning.

Lilmama1011

The creme of nature Eden repairing oil is so light. A little too light.. It maybe good for air drying, heat styling, and smoothing fly always. I can't wait for wash day again! I just feel like deep conditioning.

If it's that light, it might not smooth flyaways

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I missed my package, I wonder which one came. Either way I won't be deep conditioning under my hard bonnet dryer this weekend! But maybe I have to set my style with it, I'm not sleeping with a head full of perm rods.

Lilmama1011

I have to pick up some perm rods so I can do a full head and put eye shadow on the ends for color like how mahogany curls did

OhTall1

I think I got a little bit of hair shade this morning.

I got some box braids done yesterday, and in the same conversation this morning was told by someone "They look painful" and "Were they actually done professionally or by a friend?" :perplexed

But I was reassured that they still look cute. :ohwell:

^How rude!

Last night while braiding my hair, I discover that my "bang" is BSL stretched! I definitely took a picture last night but somehow in my excitement I must have deleted it :lachen:

Instead here's a picture of my bun from last night :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Lilmama1011

Putting pomade and eco styler was a terrible mistake. My hair looks like it has gunk on it and when you get close, you see light flakes. Triflin!

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
For whatever reason I have so much coconut oil and never use it. But every time I do I question why I don't use it. :wallbash:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Starting to dig babassu oil more and more, despite its smell [hard for me to describe other than too neutral :lol:].
Think I'll take the plunge and infuse a bit with some ayurvedic herbs.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm thinking about relaxing but I would miss my wash n go. I am looking for relaxer alternatives again...

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm thinking about relaxing but I would miss my wash n go. I am looking for relaxer alternatives again...
aw Napp I hope you find an alternative. Have you thought about one of those straightening systems. At least with those I think you can still wash n go.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
aw Napp I hope you find an alternative. Have you thought about one of those straightening systems. At least with those I think you can still wash n go.

I loved the arosci but their website is down and I cannot order some. I'm thinking about sticking with my keratin treatments and straightening my hair. I was trying to go "au naturel" but its not working out.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My little Dominican lady has magical hands. She just gave me the best shampoo/scalp massage ever!! Now Im under the steamer with some Keracare Humecto. I hope it gives my hair lots of slip (fingers crossed)

Guinan

Re-Branding
I saw napural85(sp) utube video on faux locs and she got me wanting to try them out. One of the main reasons I stopped with the braids was b/c the synthetic hair would irritate my scalp. But she suggest washing the hair in ACV prior to installing.