Front Edges Breaking

nesha24

Hi ladies,

I have been noticing recently that the edges at the front of my hair have been breaking. It started out of no where late July. I was going to get highlights in my hair, but my hairdresser saw the breakage and said I should wait which I did. But the breaking looks like I just took scissors took the front or burned the edge. I tried everything, but I don't know what to do....Help!!

nesha24

i usually wrap it with a silk scarf or bonnett. i've had some breakage before but it was in the back at the neck and never at the front or this short. my aunt actually asked me if i burned it. i don't really use much heat so i'm not sure what to do or why it's happening. i got a rinse put around my edges to cover the grays, but my hair dresser said that doesn't cause breakage.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Hi ladies, I have been noticing recently that the edges at the front of my hair have been breaking. It started out of no where late July. I was going to get highlights in my hair, but my hairdresser saw the breakage and said I should wait which I did. But the breaking looks like I just took scissors took the front or burned the edge. I tried everything, but I don't know what to do....Help!!
Does your bonnet have elastic? Is it covered with fabric? I cannot use scarves because I have to tie hem too tight and my hair wears off.

nesha24

thanks for your responses. i usually unwrap my hair in the morning and go. i don't pull it back, wear ponytails or buns.

my bonnet has an elastic band but i wear it so low on my forehead, it doesn't move at night or reach my edges.

bklynbornNbred

Did you use a new relaxer? Did you have highlights before?

Are you a product junkie? You may have used something that your hair just doesn't agree with. Did your hairdresser trim the area?

nesha24

Did you use a new relaxer? Did you have highlights before?

Are you a product junkie? You may have used something that your hair just doesn't agree with. Did your hairdresser trim the area?

ive never had a relaxer, and my hairdresser never trimmed the area. the only thing that i can think it may be is the rinse she put on my hair. she only put it on the edges but she keeps insisting that a rinse won't break hair.

almond eyes

No not true about rinses. My good friend told me that the black rinse from Clairol done by her hairdresser broke off her hairline/edges. It may not be the rinse itself but it could be that particular product that doesn't agree with your hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
A Rinse although not Semi or Demi Permanent can cause breakage if it is too strong or something in it didn't agree with your Hair/Scalp.

Sounds like you had a reaction from the rinse. Baby that area and maybe massage in some JBCO or EVCO, EVOO on it and nurse it back to health.

When I was going to the Salon:look: - She always used Clairol Beautiful Browns.

One time she didn't have any Beautiful Browns and swapped it for Jazzin's (not sure of the color), but I had a reaction from the Jazzin' that I never had from the Beautiful Brown Collection.

So, I say it is highly possible.