Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

shyekiera

I'm not sure who told me upthread that wash days are easier the closer you get to a year, but thanks you were right!
My past few wash days have been super easy at 10 months post and I still don't need to wash in sections.
I tried Bantu knots on wet hair for the first time and my hair was completely stretched. I loved the results but I probably won't do this again unless I have at least 24 hours to let them dry. Even after sitting under the dryer and using the blow dryer, it took way too long to dry and still never fully dried.

I have found this to be true also. .. so true that I'm ready to chop. ..

Mariaat40

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but over the past three years I've transitioned by getting Brazilian Blowouts. It worked really well for me and now I've let the blow out wear off. The only downside is that all of a sudden I have to figure out what to do with all of my bra strap length natural hair. If I had gone the more traditional route I would have had to manage my hair all along. I'm currently setting with flexirods and that's working well.

coolsista-paris

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but over the past three years I've transitioned by getting Brazilian Blowouts. It worked really well for me and now I've let the blow out wear off. The only downside is that all of a sudden I have to figure out what to do with all of my bra strap length natural hair. If I had gone the more traditional route I would have had to manage my hair all along. I'm currently setting with flexirods and that's working well.

how often did you get your hair blow dried? did you get damage? or heat trained? is your heure thick, fine?

im planning to wear my natural hair straight, sorry for all the questions

PlainJane

coolsista-paris I tried washing in sections a few washes but my hair never felt clean. Also I could only get my hair to stay sectioned if I used a hair tie or clip on the end and removing that from wet hair always took my ends with it.

shyekiera that makes me want to keep transitioning. My head is too big for short, shrunken hair :lol:

GettingKinky

When I get my texlaxed hair flat ironed it doesn't revert until I wash it (except for the roots). I hope my natural hair behaves the same way. Right now my natural hair is so short that I can't tell if it will revert or not since it's all roots.

noname

I dont know if it has being mentioned here, but is anyone transitioning using the smoothing system? Im not exactly sure what it is, but Im thinking it may be like a keratin treatment. Is this safe on hair? I am thinking about getting it done.

coolsista-paris

When I get my texlaxed hair flat ironed it doesn't revert until I wash it (except for the roots). I hope my natural hair behaves the same way. Right now my natural hair is so short that I can't tell if it will revert or not since it's all roots.

my relaxed and natural hair didt revert for a week,almost 2 weeks.

: -) great

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris I tried washing in sections a few washes but my hair never felt clean. Also I could only get my hair to stay sectioned if I used a hair tie or clip on the end and removing that from wet hair always took my ends with it.
i HATE taking hours on hair..... il had to put clips on the ends, and i ended up with tangles ....
i will continue to was hair loose, then section on 4 big parts under the shower! in had no broken hairs with this method.
last weekend by sectioning, i had hair everywhere!

maybe sectioning is good only with my hair 100% natural. thats not for now..... (soon 11 months post) i wanna hold on more

Mariaat40

how often did you get your hair blow dried? did you get damage? or heat trained? is your heure thick, fine?

im planning to wear my natural hair straight, sorry for all the questions

coolsista-paris sorry, just seeing this. I'm not big on blow drying. I wore my hair in a bun most of the time. No damage. My hair's in pretty good shape. I had my blowout done by a professional though - every 3 months. I don't know if that made a difference. My hair is fine.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
I dont know if it has being mentioned here, but is anyone transitioning using the smoothing system? Im not exactly sure what it is, but Im thinking it may be like a keratin treatment. Is this safe on hair? I am thinking about getting it done.

noname I use Design Essentials Transitioning system and love it. It closes my cuticles and keeps my porosity down. It add tons of shine and hasn't affected my curl pattern.

bebezazueta

I used silk elements Kera silk. I loved the results. My pics are in that thread.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
I'm currently waiting to put Senegalese twists in my hair. But this is my hair now. I washed it last night and set it in twists. Didn't come out too good.

But in this picture it is wet with product. Can anybody let me know what my hair type is? I'm guessing 4a/b?

I've also been fully transitioning for a year.

image-3614821243.jpg

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
I'm currently waiting to put Senegalese twists in my hair. But this is my hair now. I washed it last night and set it in twists. Didn't come out too good. But in this picture it is wet with product. Can anybody let me know what my hair type is? I'm guessing 4a/b? I've also been fully transitioning for a year.
you are my hair twin!!! I swear. I'm going to post a pic of my hair tonight when I wash. I thought I was looking at a pic of my hair right now.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
79 week update!

image-1899247322.jpg

Back of my hair is the most natural. Most of my relaxed ends have broken off here.

image-3045272171.jpg

An all natural piece.

image-826816007.jpg image-1333659716.jpg image-2270336666.jpg

Attachments

• image-60806861.jpg
    image-60806861.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1095361777.jpg
    image-1095361777.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

coolsista-paris

coolsista-paris sorry, just seeing this. I'm not big on blow drying. I wore my hair in a bun most of the time. No damage. My hair's in pretty good shape. I had my blowout done by a professional though - every 3 months. I don't know if that made a difference. My hair is fine.

this is encouriging!!!! ( il have fine hair)
do you remember the steps she did to do your hair, making it bouncy without breaking it or damaging it?

Amarilles

Nice to see you around CrysMelis! Where you transitioning back when we had that meet-up last year? I think I remember you being TeamRelaxed, did we manage to convince you? :lol:

Welcome back!

PlainJane

Wow 79 weeks! Pleaseeee share some tips.

I'm determined to find my holy grail products and actually master some type of style so I can be on autopilot next year during my transition.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Nice to see you around CrysMelis! Where you transitioning back when we had that meet-up last year? I think I remember you being TeamRelaxed, did we manage to convince you? :lol: Welcome back!

Amarilles... Heeeey! Girl yes! I was Team Relaxed. I don't remember exactly when our meet up was, but my last relaxer was April 2013. I didn't know I was going to turn a long strength into a transition until I was like 25 weeks post. Little did I know this ish was gonna be hell. But I'm getting it together. We need another meetup!

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Wow 79 weeks! Pleaseeee share some tips. I'm determined to find my holy grail products and actually master some type of style so I can be on autopilot next year during my transition.

Moisture. Protein. Repeat.
Drink water all day long. And supplement your diet with things you need to improve your hair health.

My personal regiment includes: Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse every 12 weeks, Silicone Conditioners (to smooth my hair cuticle), Light Moisture/Oil and Hairfinity vitamins.

Mische

Wow 26 months! Please show us pics of your hair. I know what you mean about transitioning longer for the front and top half of your hair. I plan to do the same thing until it catches up with the length of the back.

It's a good plan! Crazy how the front section is so much more willing to go the distance.

I generally start with a tight braid out from wash day (which... doesn't occur as often as it should) that turns into this by 1.5 weeks post wash since I end up having to start taking shed hair out + the perm rod curls of the braid out are mashed by that point. I lightly detangle at night and throw some perm rods on the ends like the second pic.

Attachments

• IMG_5772.jpg
    IMG_5772.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 61