Relaxed Hair Thread

brownb83

Not a fan of PSing but been wearing a braid 3-4 days puts the week because im so busy with school.

Dec 2015 hurry!!! Graduating!!

Babygrowth

4 weeks in this crochet set then I'm relaxing. I'm over this stretch. I enjoy the benefits but I think next year I will try 4 or 5 month touch ups and see how I like it.

SuchaLady

Trying to decide my next hairstyle. Braids or a weave? Braids are sooooooo easy. Like I have never had such a simple style in my life. But I want a weave for my next birthday :scratchch:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
4 weeks in this crochet set then I'm relaxing. I'm over this stretch. I enjoy the benefits but I think next year I will try 4 or 5 month touch ups and see how I like it.

That's pretty much what I'm doing next year. My stretches will end after 16 weeks that way I won't force myself to go 20 weeks and feel like a failure if I don't. I think 4 months is best for me anyway and as I go along if I can wait longer, then I will. I also switched my relaxer to Design Essentials Lo-Lye so that way, I don't have to worry about overprocessing when I start to smooth more in the future. I used it for my corrective and it took out just enough texture that I was looking to correct and my hair doesn't feel hard at all :yep:

FemmeFatale

Whaaaat?! Lol. I just fell in love with the JBCO masque! Now i have to try Joico

Don't get me wrong, the masque is nice, I'd give it a B+ but when it comes to truly strengthening your hair, Joico K pak has that ON LOCK, A+++. My strands feel so strong, very thick and lush after using it today.

I was so please that I went ebay and ordered another bottle.

greenandchic

Last night I shampooed with Naturally Silk Elements Moisturizing Cream Shampoo. I will have to use it again to see if I really like it. Smells good though! :lick:

Babygrowth

That's pretty much what I'm doing next year. My stretches will end after 16 weeks that way I won't force myself to go 20 weeks and feel like a failure if I don't. I think 4 months is best for me anyway and as I go along if I can wait longer, then I will. I also switched my relaxer to Design Essentials Lo-Lye so that way, I don't have to worry about overprocessing when I start to smooth more in the future. I used it for my corrective and it took out just enough texture that I was looking to correct and my hair doesn't feel hard at all :yep:

I've been seeing Lo Lye alot more lately. How is this different from the alternative?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I've been seeing Lo Lye alot more lately. How is this different from the alternative?

It's just code name for mild relaxer. I bought it because I was attempting a corrective and considering. That i smoothed quite a bit, it still came with good volume and loosened the curl. I bought it so I would be able to smooth more from now on without fear of over processing.

GeminiGem

Has anyone used Mizani classic relaxer (rhelaxer)? I purchase from Sally's, and I only see reviews on their butter blends relaxer.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Has anyone used Mizani classic relaxer (rhelaxer)? I purchase from Sally's, and I only see reviews on their butter blends relaxer.

Have you checked Amazon. I remember when I was looking into bitter blends, there was only feedback on the rhelaxer and it was supposed to be better than butter blends.

GeminiGem

Have you checked Amazon. I remember when I was looking into bitter blends, there was only feedback on the rhelaxer and it was supposed to be better than butter blends.

Thanks! I have and I found very little. I have noticed that most people that loved the butter blends, hates the classic.... And vice versa. I am pretty sure that the classic version is what an old stylist (at Jcp salon), used on me years ago.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I found something that works like a relaxer but doesn't burn your scalp or give you damage. I am still researching it but it seems very popular in brazil. It is not a bkt.

I bought a jar too to test it out. I will come back with pics.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
After 5 long weeks, I finally took down my celie plaits and am giving myself a much needed treatment and DC. But back in the celie plaits I will go. :)